Holiday/ Travellers Visa

Kayleigh

Hi there. Can someone maybe tell me how long it takes to get your visitors / Travellers visa? We are looking at visiting your gorgeous country in December. We would like to hire a campervan and travel along the coast for maybe 10 - 12 days. Something we have always wanted to do.

TIA

Hi,

The last I remember, 30 days was the advised timeframe on the Consulate site. 

Check the South African Australian High Commission website it should provide a guide there.

• Like 1

If I remember right it's not very long, because it's all electronic now. But I'd still check the website just to make sure. A friend of mine recently (in about the past 18 months?) got a visitors visa for Australia, and he had some pressing reasons to get it faster, so after emailing them he got his in a few days. But of course that's something a little different. So yea, just look at the expected processing time.

• Like 1

@RedPanda @RussellJ   Thank you very much. Appreciated your assistance 

• Like 1

On 22/07/2017 at 3:09 PM, GJSA said:

Hi All, a quick one, can you apply for a visitor's visa while your PR application is in progress?

Interesting question, I'd ask an agent about that. Simply because the way the website describes visas and how they take precedence over each other when you have multiple applications at the same time. You don't want to accidentaly cancel your PR visa because a visitors visa was granted at the same time. I think you should definitely get an official answer to this before doing it.

• Like 1

Thanks RedPanda for the feedback,I'll follow it up with our agent. That said, I wonder how difficult it would be to get a visitor's application if your PR was declined noting that we have already transferred funds to our OZ bank account and should we be refused a PR then hopefully this doesn't compromise our ability to get a visitor's visa to go to a branch of the bank in Australia to retrieve the funds deposited there. Apparently, that's the only way to get them out...

Ok. The money side is not something I've come across before. But it seems that you should be able to get it sorted, it's just the degree of difficulty involved. But good luck, hope your PR comes through and it all works out.

• 4 months later...

We would like my sister in law to visit from South Africa.

she is 63 years old, can someone advise

1) What the process is

2) delay time

3) is there a company in Joburg that can assist with this ?

I will appreciate the assistance.

thanks

22 hours ago, Enrica said:

We would like my sister in law to visit from South Africa.

she is 63 years old, can someone advise

1) What the process is

2) delay time

3) is there a company in Joburg that can assist with this ?

I will appreciate the assistance.

thanks

As far as I know, she will need to apply for a 600 Tourist/family visit Visa. She will need to do a medical if requested. The paperwork is a long form, but to my knowledge not difficult. And I think they also ask for biometrics. You will need to supply her with an Invitation Letter, there are templates online, the letter has to state a lot of particulars so it's better to see exactly what it should look like.

But maybe just hang in there for a more knowledgeable reply. I haven't done a 600 visa for Australia in years, and then only once. We've had family visit recently, but they did there own applications, we just sent them the Invitation Letter.