Visa Lodged - June 2017

danofotiadis

Didn't see another lodgement thread for the month of June, so figured I'd throw one out. Eighteen months in the making, finally lodged our final application....... only to be asked for more documentation.  :blink:

Anyway, nobody said it would be easy, but hopefully, we're on the highway now as they're about to refresh their visa quotas on 1 July.

Feel free to update with more records for the month of June. Buckle up.  :ilikeit:

NAME

VISA APPLICATION DATE

VISA

CO CONTACT

ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED

VISA GRANTED

danofotiadis

20/06/2017

TBC

Yes

TBC

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

We lodged our application on the 21st of June, no CO Contact yet. We are using Migrate2Oz and so far so good.

Skills assessment lodged April 7th, positive assessment received May 30th

EOI Lodged May 31st, invitation to apply for a 189 received June 7th

Now the big wait, exactly 2 weeks in and no contact yet but I am positive, the medicals was only finalized about 10 days ago.

How's it going folks?Lodged my visa application about three weeks ago.Now in the fourth week, no contact yet from the case officer,I hope that means all my papers are in order. Did the PCC in advance and medicals were finalised in less than a week.Now my wife, son and I await that golden email for our 189 visa grants. You hit the nail on the head there @AdriaanSanta.Positivity is the key. And thanks @danofotiadis for the post.

• Like 1

@Lucian so I have been trolling the webs to try and asses if the occupation class you are applying in, will have an impact on how long it takes to get processed. I applied under 342314 Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (General), it would seem there is not a lot of applications under the 3423 class, according to the occupational ceilings on the DIBP website. I hope this will sort of speed things up for me but this is just really hoping.

• Like 1

Nice one guys! I lodged on the 20th June and had a CO contact me on the 26th. It’s a pity that my medicals and PCC weren’t finalized yet as I think everything might have been approved immediately (like my mate @RussellJ who got his visas granted 3 days after lodging a decision-ready application). Regardless, medicals are now done and just waiting for PCC to arrive and then CO will re-review in a few weeks time.

Difficult not to get impatient, but then we have to remember that it’s taken us so long just to get to this point, a few more weeks/months won’t really kill us I guess. Well done everyone, it’s officially out of our hands now. :ilikeit:

Updated table:

NAME

VISA APPLICATION DATE

VISA

CO CONTACT

VISA GRANTED

danofotiadis

20/06/2017

26/06/2017

Yes

TBC

AdriaanSanta

21/06/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

Lucian

14/06/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Good day fellow forumites!Been a quiet and slow passage of time the past few days. Has anyone heard anything of interest or been contacted by a CO?

• 2 weeks later...

HI All, our agent (Migration Network Australia) Lodged on the 16th of June, haven't heard anything since then, she has said that there have been no grants since the 1st of July though, cant wait for that call. It feels like life is on pause, such a weird feeling... A real test of patience and faith. 

NAME

VISA APPLICATION DATE

VISA

CO CONTACT

VISA GRANTED

danofotiadis

20/06/2017

26/06/2017

Yes

TBC

AdriaanSanta

21/06/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

Lucian

14/06/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

BlueBaboon

16/06/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

Well done @BlueBaboon - getting this far is a massive achievement in itself. I'd love to see some stats relating to people who begin the application and never finish for whatever reason (skills, finances, education, PCC, medicals, etc).

I hear you on the waiting periods, there is quite a bit of conflicting information and guess-work flying around relating to the delays we're experiencing. I also understand that some timelines have been revised, although I've been informed that those timelines are automatically calculated based on the volumes coming in vs the volumes that get processed. In other words, due to the fact that they've had a slow down for the last couple of months, the system automatically shows that the processing times have gone up, where that might not necessarily be the case once they're firing properly. I can't confirm any of this though.

I'm still waiting for one PCC to complete my batch of files, the other one has arrived. As a side note, anyone using the SAPS link to check the status of their PCCs need not bother. They update it so inconsistently that I submitted my applications, received my PCC back and submitted it to Aus before their website even showed that they had been received.

The thing that keeps me patient is that, as @RussellJ says, we're now on the conveyor belt. It's no longer a question of IF, but a question of WHEN.

That makes me sleep well at night, and barring any tight deadlines, should do for you too :-)

• Like 2

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement, Lets hope that conveyor belts starts moving soon and we are down under before 2018.

UPDATE fellow forumites!

Yesterday the DIBP allocated me a case officer at last, two months after submitting my application on June the 9th. So, she basically requested more information from me (1-more evidence of the employment I claimed and 2- form 1399  which is a War Crimes Declaration), and from my wife (1-Letter from her uni to corroborate her degree which we submitted as evidence of functional english,2-re doing the PCC to include her married name as well and 3-form 1399 as well). So now having submitted most of the stuff (Only the pcc remains) we hope and pray continuously for  grants in the not too distant future. How's it going your end mates? Don't lose hope!

• Like 1

Great news @Lucian, I have heard from the South Africans migrating FB page that the DIBP have started the skilled visas from this afternoon, so as you say lets hope it all continues and we in the land downunder before year end, There was a 189 granted on that FB page today as well, so things are hopefully moving again. :) 

Hi guys,

Seems like things are moving. I found out from my agent yesterday afternoon that we got a case officer on Monday. I had to submit my PTE result via the Paersons website and my wife has to do a PCC for her previous surname. I told her to do her previous surname and maiden name while she is at it.

Now the big question, once you provided the requested info, how long does it take... none the less we are moving again.

• Like 1

This is great news guys flip super excited now :) , not sure how long after the CO has been allocated will the grant come through, but it cant be that long afterwards, at  

least you know that things are happening and your not just sitting in the queue.  

Edited by BlueBaboon
  • Like 1

@BlueBaboon Seems like it is just you that needs a case officer now. I will be holding thumbs for you. I see lots of activity on immi tracer so there is things happening.

• Like 1

Yip just me :( im hoping my agent is being all 'night before Christmas' secretive and plans to surprise me with a phone call saying visa granted hahahah:P. Hope you guys get your grants soon, After yesterdays NO confidence vote, our visas have doubled their weight in gold i think.

On 7/27/2017 at 10:32 AM, BlueBaboon said:

NAME

VISA APPLICATION DATE

VISA

CO CONTACT

VISA GRANTED

danofotiadis

20/06/2017

26/06/2017

Yes

TBC

AdriaanSanta

21/06/2017

07/08/2017

Yes

TBC

Lucian

14/06/2017

07/08/2017

Yes

TBC

BlueBaboon

16/06/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

Pepe

01/06/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

Figured it is time for an update

• Like 3

We're getting there chaps, the wheels are turning. Now if I could just get my bloody PCC back, nearly two months later. :blink:

That's been one disappointing aspect from M2O's side, no urgency to push through. But at the same time, I'm in the acceptance phase, so an extra day here or another week there won't kill me.

Will keep everyone posted.

• Like 1

@danofotiadis two months for PCC and its still not out? Ave you tried checking with Pretoria SAPS mate?My wife's and mine were out in 5weeks.

Same thing here, our PCC were done in less than 20 days.

Oddly enough, I had to do a PCC for Botswana as well, it took 2 days and was done directly at the station and it is free.

Edited by AdriaanSanta

Yip our PCCs were also like 2 weeks i think if that,

Morning Everyone, Well looks like I called it with my Agent :D We got the call this morning PR 189 Granted!!!!! Whoooooo hoooooo Tasmania here we come! Hope you guys hear something soon!

NAME

VISA APPLICATION DATE

VISA

CO CONTACT

VISA GRANTED

danofotiadis

20/06/2017

26/06/2017

Yes

TBC

AdriaanSanta