PMV 300/PV 309 application applied from 2016 onwards through Pretoria

Hi there!

Anybody has applied for a PMV 300/PV 309? Could you please share your timeline and any updates.

Mine is as per below:

Application - PMV 300

Applied - 30 Sept 2016

PCC - 30 Sept 2016

Medicals - 17 Mar 2017

CO - None yet

Edited by SelMru

Hi 

Did you apply for the prospective marriage visa (300) or the partner visa (309)? 

OK.

I applied for my 309 on the 09 April 2017 so only two months into the waiting game but it still feels like forever, especially when my wife is already living and working in Melbourne.

I hope you visa comes though soonest.

Cheers

It is definitely hard. My fiancee visited me for 2 months last Dec 16-Feb 17 and prior to that last meeting was when I flew for 3 weeks to Aus in Sept 2014. I regret not having applied back then.

She also lives in Melbourne. I love Melbourne and Victoria.

Anyway, let's cross fingers and keep each other updated once we hear from our CO.

14 hours ago, SelMru said:

It is definitely hard. My fiancee visited me for 2 months last Dec 16-Feb 17 and prior to that last meeting was when I flew for 3 weeks to Aus in Sept 2014. I regret not having applied back then.

She also lives in Melbourne. I love Melbourne and Victoria.

Anyway, let's cross fingers and keep each other updated once we hear from our CO.

Good luck hope the news will be good.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No man! I'd thought only my application would take time as it's not straight forward (my fiancee was previously married) but even others are facing a long wait. Will be 10 months waiting this end of July.

Let's keep each other updated on our application and if you hear about others'.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I've just got my first contact from a CO today for my PMV application done on 30 Sept 16. They are requesting for the 2 below documents:
1) Other Requirements -
Evidence that you are free to marry (divorce certificate from sponsor)
2) Personal particulars for character assessment -
Complete Form 80 Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment. This is a supplementary form required to support your visa application.

It's weird coz these 2 documents were already provided at time of lodgement. I will anyway re-fill the Form 80 again and provide my fiancee's divorce order (it was attached in my fiancees a/c only) and I hope the Divorce Order documents would suffice that requirement

• Like 1

We heard from them earlier today and they said our application is on final stages of processing but that they noticed my PCC will be expired on 13 Sept 17, which means I'll have to step in on or before 13 Sept. So they told me if that is tight for me then I could get a new one and they await my decision on this.

Well this looks really positive, crossing fingers!!

I'm in discussion with my superiors on either I take 2 weeks off in Sept and go there then come back work till end of Nov (if they allow me to take untaken leaves, else would work till end of Dec) or I could apply for new PCC, thus not necessary to go in Sept but if they could allow me to take all my untaken leaves, then go there mid of Nov. 

The 2nd option above is better for me because I won't need to spend extra AUD 2k for the Sept air ticket and expenses, but I'm also thinking 22 Sept we would celebrate our 5th year relationship anniversary so that would be a memorable day if we could be together.

Let's see now...

• 2 weeks later...

We got the grant yesterday morning!!! Woohoo...
This is such an exciting news for us and we can plan the future accordingly! So I provided the updated PCC last Wednesday so that I don't need to go mid of Sept 2017. Now with the new PCC, I may enter until 10 Mar 2018 (date my medical getting expired).
I'm planning to go mid of Dec though, however I'll have to negotiate with my employer.
We will definitely be back on this website of course as there are 2 further application to make.
Cheers

Edited by SelMru

Congratulations @SelMru

Enjoy the moment

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

So firstly phoned immi this morning for the umpteenth time to ask if a CO has been appointed and was told still working on visas from last year late Sept. Hanged up and the awful gut feeling you get that the wait still ain't over settled in. So imagine my surprice when I got a email at 17:40 this afternoon saying I have been granted the 309 and 100 as we have been together since 2007.

Application - PMV 309

Applied - 26 Jan 2017

PCC - 4 Feb 2017

Medicals - 4 Feb 2017

CO - 18 Sept 2017

Grant: 18 Sept 2017

Time line: 10 days short of 8 months

In by: 2 Feb 2018

Hallelujah praise the Lord, God is great. Good luck guys!

• Like 1