VISAS LODGED April/May 2017

Karools

@hunts It worked just fine. Thanks for the info. I can see my status now. Status is received. From what I have read on the DIBP website this means there are two routes the application can go.

1. Direct grant, or

2. CO contact followed by assessment followed by grant

So ja still hanging in there. Good luck all.

@Hunts I tried that, was able to create a profile but could not find any applications under my application ID or transaction reference number.... Guess I'll just have to wait on my agent

Good luck everybody, one more day for grants this week, then a whole new week starting monday (yes that is how I live my life right now, grant day to grant day)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Karools said:

@Hunts I tried that, was able to create a profile but could not find any applications under my application ID or transaction reference number.... Guess I'll just have to wait on my agent

Good luck everybody, one more day for grants this week, then a whole new week starting monday (yes that is how I live my life right now, grant day to grant day)

Same here

Hi all,

Thought we might add a bit of fresh hope to this thread :) 

We lodged our application for 189 Visas on 11 May and received a direct grant yesterday morning, 22 August.

There seems to be a bit more activity in the April/May lodgements now, albeit a bit erratic.

Wishing you all speedy processes, I'm sure everyone's grants are imminent!

• Like 8

Pittie...hats great news, very happy for you....if I may ask under which occupation stream did you apply?

4 hours ago, Pittie said:

Hi all,

Thought we might add a bit of fresh hope to this thread :) 

We lodged our application for 189 Visas on 11 May and received a direct grant yesterday morning, 22 August.

There seems to be a bit more activity in the April/May lodgements now, albeit a bit erratic.

Wishing you all speedy processes, I'm sure everyone's grants are imminent!

Please allow me to vent some of my frustration here, I believe some of you might be having similar feelings.

Why is the DIBP taking so long with these visas lately? My agent is also frustrated because there is no information forthcoming about what the delays are. And we dare not press them on it for fear of rubbing them up the wrong way. I have potential job offers lined up that I am really excited about, even having some positive discussion for some of them, but having to tick the "no" box for the question "Do you have the right to live and work in Australia" pretty much means an automatic rejection for any application. Having the visa come through a day after those applications close will not help me, I desperately need it NOW. 

Not to mention the small matter of selling houses, cars and other belongings and making financial, legal and logistical arrangements before the flight preferably. 

I really want to be there by January 2018. And I know that beggars can't be choosers and Australia doesn't owe me anything, but this beggar has spent quite a lot of his teacher salary and time to apply for this visa. 

I will be a good Aussie. I know I will. I would love to contribute financially, educationally, socially, morally and every other positive way to my new town, state and country. PLEASE DIBP, help us out a bit?

Sigh, and then the realisation comes that I have done all I can do up till this stage, the rest I must leave to the Lord. 

Easier said than done though. 

Good luck with your visas guys, one more day to go this week. Then on to next week... :) 

• Like 2

@Karools  sigh. I think we are all in the same boat

We signed the transfer documents on our house today, which is great because we'll now have the money to go. On the downside, we will also be homeless in about 6 weeks. I don't mind staying with family for a week or 2...but months?!? Who knows how much longer this visa decision will take.  I also don't think it's wise to commit ourselves to a rental agreement when we have no idea how much longer we'll be here. We were hoping to go by Oct so that we can find a job and a rental and enroll the kids in school. They start  reception year next year and it would've been great for them to start with all the other kids. 

I think that the most frustrating part is that there is no rhyme or reason to the approvals. There are august lodgements being approved with applications that are almost 2 years old. 

So many people warned us that this would be a tough wait, I guess all that we can do is have faith....maybe September will be our month 

On 8/23/2017 at 2:16 PM, lovelife said:

Hi Guys

Did you know the processing times have been updated again.

189 Skilled - Independent Points-tested 11 Months 15 Months

http://www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

Are the processing times counted from the date you lodged or from the date you submitted the last requested additional information?

8 hours ago, JaxBaker83 said:

There are august lodgements being approved with applications that are almost 2 years old. 

Just a comment on this: the 2 year old applications could have had any number of issues as to why they have taken so long. The applicant may have had to wait for a baby to be born, had to wait for police clearance from quite a few countries, had a medical issue that had to be dealt with before proceeding with that step, spending months and months (even years) in court trying to get ex spouses to agree to allowing minor children to migrate, etc.  There are many many individual circumstances which hold up applications.

As for the August lodgements being approved very quickly: some are lodged on-shore and are just the last step for people who already hold other visas so  just a paper exercise rather than the full "application" with waiting for birth certificates, requests for info etc.

It is frustrating during the waiting period I know.  Funnily enough this period feels too LONG whereas the period between being granted and moving feels too SHORT for all the packing, organising and finalising needed.  So perhaps it would help to start on the decluttering and organising now while you have time up your sleeve...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rubie said:

Are the processing times counted from the date you lodged or from the date you submitted the last requested additional information?

Just to pop in and comment.   As one of the many frustrated Migration Agents who was wishing the DIBP would provide some details so that we could keep people updated. 

Re: 75 per cent of applications processed in 11 Months

My understanding is that the Global processing time reflects the age of the applications that are currently being processed. 

Given that the DIBP are current granting very few visas it is likely that many of the visa being granted have exceptional circumstances it is quite possible that many of these are older more complex cases which have been in the system for some time. 

The global processing time does not reflect a guaranteed waiting time before your application will be processed.  It may (hopefully) be shorter or longer than this depending upon events in the interim.

• Like 1

I must admit, I'm suffering from a bit of "survivors guilt" at the moment! Feeling a bit bad that we have received our grants and yet so many are still in the waiting room.  Really hoping that there is some action soon from DIBP!!

189 VISA GRANTED!!!!  

We were with a group of friends having a breakfast braai in the desert just outside of Dubai. After a couple of hours I went to my car to check my phone and I had missed calls, messages and emails from my agent. It's a moment that you wait so long for and then when it happens it doesn't feel real. We have had a bottle of champagne that we have been keeping to open when we got the visas. I guess we will eventually be opening it tonight. 

Good luck to the rest of you that are waiting. It will happen, it just takes patience.

NAME

VISA APPLICATION

DATE

VISA

CO CONTACT

ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED

VISA GRANTED

DAYS TO GRANT

Fidget

1/4/2017

5/4/2017

5/4/2017

TBC

-

Karools

20/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

EtherZa

20/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

Hunts

27/04/2017

14/06/2017

Wife's SA PCC had wrong birth date and no maiden name.

01/09/2017

Matrx

28/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

John281

28/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

Lovelife

08/05/2017

07/07/2017

07/07/2017

TBC

-

JaxBaker83

9/5/2017

15/05/2017

15/05/2017

TBC

-

Darran

23/05/2017

TBC

TBC

11/8/2017

Exxaro

26/05/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

Kumbie

29/05/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

• Like 8

Congrats @Hunts!!!

So very happy for you!!!!! Gives us all a little bit of hope- enjoy the celebration

2 hours ago, Hunts said:

189 VISA GRANTED

Dito!!!!

Woke up to our grants this morning. 

Edited by Fidjet
  • Like 4

@Huntscongatulations..It is indeed quite a relief to get this 189. The waiting game continues for all of us. Very happy for you as I was following your story #theflightticketssaga. All the best with everything else...

• Like 1

Such a relief to see movement again, three visas granted on this forum today. Congrats guys!

@Darran I can add to your survivors guilt by telling you I also applied as a secondary school teacher a month before you... haha! No worries mate, will get mine eventually. (Just try not to take my potential jobs in the meanwhile 😋)

Come on DIBP, you can do it!!!

• Like 2