VISAS LODGED April/May 2017

Karools

From 1 April up in till to day there is 407 cases on the immitracker and according to skillselect they have invited 4181 for the same period . Some of these cases are from previous invitations rounds who only lodge their VISA applications in April/May(60days to lodge rule). So to me the the sample is probably close 8% and probably 25% of this 8% will not update their cases. Than we only sitting with a true reflection of 6% of the total invites and to go even further one should exclude the June cases from 6% because they haven't even waited 2-4 weeks yet. We just need to wait and see. 

• Like 1

Hi Guys

I am new to this site. My husband applied for a 189 visa.

We lodged 08/05/2017 and we got assigned a case officer on the 06/07/2017. My matric certificate was requested which my agent uploaded on the 07.07.2017. Now we just waiting for the approval.

Exxaro .....because I did not do the English test has my husband is the primary visa applicant and I just needed to prove that I have done English..so I needed to get a letter from my school and my matric certificate.

• Like 1

Awsum, lucky you :). My wife and myself went to an Afrikaans schools so we didn't qualify for that exemption. Both needed to  do IELTS. Good luck with your VISA process, please keep us updated

Yes if you done English in school then you didn't have to go do the IELTS. No problem I will keep you updated.

Mmmm, sorry just cannot resist @lovelife Should it not be "did" rather than "done" English in school? :)

• Like 1

Just saw a 190 approved today. Lodged 10/04/2017....:)

On myimmitracker

Edited by JaxBaker83

Good to see the movement on the visas, but how long till a fellow forumite's pajama dance? Too quiet on here for my liking

Well if you think about it, how many of us applied in the previous migration year and we rolled over into the new year. I am sure it happen the year before us an so forth.

We have now stopped "waiting" and continued on with our lives and forget about it for now.

The wait will drive you crazy

• Like 1

It looks like there may finally be some movement!

SC189's submitted prior to 1 July have been allocated (http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Allocation-dates-for-General-Skilled-Migration-applications) and MyImmiTracker has 9 SC189's granted in the last 3 days :D

allocations.PNG

• Like 2

This is getting really stressful. We are going to push our flight back a week as we won't get the visas today and we are due to fly to Perth on Wednesday however if they don't come through by next week Monday we will have to change the destination of the tickets and pay for more flights to Australia before the end of the year to activate the visas. It is very strange how there is no information provided by DIBP to explain the delay.

Just saw a 189 granted on immitracker that was lodged 12 June... 24 days to grant. (Civil engineering draftsperson)

Next grant from that one was lodged 10 May, 63 days to grant. (registered nurse)

How do these things work? So many people "in front" of that person in the line, but he gets a grant? Surely there must be some weird algorithms to choose which case gets picked and which not.

13 grants in July thus far on immitracker, so at least some movement. 

Good luck everyone!

(P.S. It's my birthday today, guess what I want more than anything in the whole wide world.... Come on DIBP, make it happen! :) )

• Like 2

@Karoolshappy birthday....It's seriously frustrating that the wait is just getting worse & worse.

@Karools Very Happy Bday. 

@Hunts Sterkte, holding thumbs. Tomorrow will be 100 days since we provided with information, hoping to hear back from them soon. 

Happy Birthday @Karools!

@Hunts wow, that is a pretty stressful position to be in. Really hoping that it all comes through for you. We were in a similar (though not as life-meaningful) situation in 2015. We'd paid for flights to the US (and fees for a conference with a short holiday after, all paid for upfront) when the US visa system crashed worldwide for 2 weeks, with a resulting massive concertina back-log of visas. We received our Visas 2 days before we were due to leave!  Really hoping you hear something before the end of the week!!

My hope is that after tomorrow's last Immiaccount "shutdown" that the Grants start to flow!

Thanks @Fidjet. Not many days left unfortunately. We are already organising plan B for our holiday next week as we don't expect to get the visas before Monday. The plan is to go to Bali. That way if they visas come through while we are there we can fly to Perth to activate them and avoid another activation trip later in the year.

@Darran I'm also hoping that things start moving again after the last shutdown. Something has to happen sometime. It just has to eventually.

So the day has arrived and still no visas. I cannot push my flight back any further as I've been in Dubai for almost 30 days which is the maximum stopover. We are rather going to go to Hong Kong on Wednesday. In a small way it is a big weight off my shoulders because we have been stressing about getting these visas since our application was submitted in April purely because we were going to Australia on holiday and we had paid for the flights. Now that is no longer possible we are in no rush to get the visas as we only intend on moving form Dubai to Australia in a year or 2. The only problem is that when they are eventually granted we will have to pay for more flights to go and activate the visas and they are very expensive when the flight originates from Dubai.

@Hunts that is really sad. The march visa group just had a post regarding processing times that have significantly increased, so I am worried about the visa being granted this year even. 

Your activation trip might just be your relocation trip ?

Did anyone see this new update from Aussie. Visa processing times have now been significantly increased to 8 months from 4 months (for 75% of the visas) and 11 months for 90% of the visa. Apparently the update was done last week on Thursday. So I guess, we all just have to chill, forget about this and continue with our normal lives. There are number of people in the March visa group that are still waiting to get any feedback. 

http://www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

@Kumbie I dont think those processing times apply if you applied before June 30th. Just beneath the heading Visa application processing times, it stipulates Last updated: 20 July 2017 (for month ending 30 June 2017).

1 hour ago, Lucian said:

@Kumbie I dont think those processing times apply if you applied before June 30th. Just beneath the heading Visa application processing times, it stipulates Last updated: 20 July 2017 (for month ending 30 June 2017).

@Lucian I hope so too.... That is sweet news to my ears. I applied on the 29th of May 

@Hunts - So sorry to hear that, I hope you enjoy Hong Kong at least, I'm a silver lining kind of person but struggling to see one for the VISA stuff right now. 

@Karools We were hoping (still praying, but it seems less likely now) to get our VISA and get everything ready so that we can have a one-way activation trip in Feb next year. But with the new dates, it is possible (90% only completed by 11 months) that we only get our VISA in Feb next year... 

@Lucian I really hope you are right and that our VISA will arrive soon.