VISAS LODGED April/May 2017

Karools

@TeeTMI posted in "Visas lodged in Jan\Feb 2017"

Saw this thread come to the top.  The Skilled Independent Visa have slowed considerably - they are close to the quota for this year.  A DIBP processing officer confirmed this in an email to me recently. 

There are a limited number of places available for GSM applicants for the 2016-17 programme year and therefore processing times will be longer for some visa applicants.  Additionally once the remaining places are used we will be unable to grant further visas in this category in the current programme year.

Hang on in there.  Last year we saw a rush of grants after the 1st July - hoping for the same this year.

Source: http://www.saaustralia.org/topic/47788-visas-lodged-janfeb-2017/?page=6#comment-442582

Looks like we may need to wait until July :(

From MARA agent Andrew Heathcote:

Wondering why GSM approvals are slowing - As we approach the end of the financial year visa approvals for General Skilled Migration (GSM) slow down significantly. GSM visas include applications for the following visa subclasses:
• Skilled Independent (subclass 189); and 
• Skilled Nominated (subclass 190); and
• Skilled Regional (subclass 489) – First Provisional Stream
The reason for this is that the Migration Programme planning levels take precedence over priority processing arrangements and expected processing times. The maximum number of visas that can therefore be granted in each visa category is set, and as these limits are reached, the overall visa grants coming through are managed by DIBP.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SouthAfricansMigrating2Australia/permalink/1732392396776742/?hc_location=ufi

Hello fellow waiting-roomers

This process seems to be a never-ending string of waits...

Submitted our PCC's to the agents, and it was registered on the SAPS website on 22/05. Hubby's PCC was finalised on 02/06, but mine is still pending. Website says their turn around time is 14 working days.

This was one of the documents that the CO requested on 15/05. They gave us 28 days to submit the documents. What if my PCC is not ready and uploaded within the 28 day period? I asked my agent and they just answered that we have already met the 28 day requirement (i.e. medicals, proof of diploma and other docs that  the CO requested). Does the PCC fall out of the 28 day range? 

I think that either way we'll still be waiting until July for a grant...

Patience is definitely not one of my strong points, but its nice to know that we're all in the same boat

Keep warm, and looking forward to hearing some positive updates from everyone soon  :)

Hi guys and girls we are in the same waiting room for the may group. Lodged the 26 may and still waiting for feedback. EOI 20 May, invite 24 May and lodged and paid the 26th 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exxaro said:

Hi guys and girls we are in the same waiting room for the may group. Lodged the 26 may and still waiting for feedback. EOI 20 May, invite 24 May and lodged and paid the 26th 

I'm in a similar boat. Got invited on the 24th of May, lodged my 189 visa application on the 29th of May. Still no feedback or contact or any Case officer assigned. The waiting room feels like a torture

Welcome @Exxaro and @Kumbie.  

NAME

VISA APPLICATION DATE

VISA

CO CONTACT

ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED

VISA GRANTED

DAYS TO GRANT

Fidget

01/04/2017

05/04/2017

05/04/2017

TBC

-

Karools

20/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

EtherZa

20/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

Hunts

27/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

Matrx

28/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

John281

28/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

JaxBaker83

09/05/2017

15/05/2017

15/05/2017

TBC

-

Darran

23/05/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

Exxaro

26/05/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

Kumbie

29/05/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

I have assumed that you have both applied for the 189?

Edited by Darran

Good news and bad news.

So the email that I've been waiting 7 weeks for eventually arrived. Unfortunately it was from my agent requesting additional information. My wife's South African PCC had her incorrect birth date and it only had her maiden name (agent said this was fine at the time). Her birth date is 08/07/1984 and they had written 30/01/2017 which was obviously the day they were processing it! I don't know how we didn't spot this and our agent also missed it. The most frustrating part is that the visa was submitted decision ready to avoid this sort of thing happening. We also have tickets booked and paid for to Australia flying out on 19/07 which is supposed to be a holiday/activation trip. We will probably have to cancel this now. It was through the Adelaide office by the way. Does anyone know if it's possible to get the PCC amended in a very short space of time due to the fact that it is there mistake?

NAME

VISA APPLICATION DATE

VISA

CO CONTACT

ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED

VISA GRANTED

DAYS TO GRANT

Fidget

01/04/2017

05/04/2017

05/04/2017

TBC

-

Karools

20/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

EtherZa

20/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

Hunts

27/04/2017

14/06/2017

Wife's SA PCC had wrong birth date and no maiden name.

TBC

-

Matrx

28/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

John281

28/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

JaxBaker83

09/05/2017

15/05/2017

15/05/2017

TBC

-

Darran

23/05/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

Exxaro

26/05/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

Kumbie

29/05/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

-

@Hunts that is so frustrating. Everybody keeps on saying to not sell anything or book flights etc before the visa is actually granted, but the planning does not always allow for this. 

Hopefully this will be a quick process and after 1 July your visa will be granted quickly. 

I think it is possible to do the pcc amendment quickly, as they just need to reprint it, the check has been done already. Try searching the forum for info on pccs, I seem to remember something about hiring someone (postnet?) to do the pcc process for you, which worked out a lot quicker.

I am now worried about the maiden name issue, we were also told it isn't a problem and "that is how we always do the pccs". ?

Hope and pray we all receive our visas by the time we need them (and hopefully sooner than that)

Blessings

@Karools we are waiting to hear from DocAssist regarding this matter hopefully they can change it quickly for us.

My agent said the following:

'I believe that DIBP has stricter integrity measures and has probably inside policy to check every surname or alias a person is known as so best is to obtain the SA Police Clearance Certificate and include your marriage certificate when requesting the new PCC'.

So it seems that this is a new requirement. Maybe you should consider applying for a new PCC for your wife that includes both of her surnames. If it comes through before a case officer is assigned you can load it to your account and you'll be able to relax. If not and they ask for it you will have a head-start. If they don't ask for it then at least you would have been proactive. Just a thought.

@Hunts Sorry to to read about the mix-up with your wife's PCC!

If DocAssist aren't able to help you, Christa at the Pretoria CBD Postnet can.

I contacted her and she says she can sort it out pretty quickly for you!

You will need to email her the following copies:

- marriage cerificate

- ID

- Incorrect PCC

The total charge will be R496 (R300 collection fee, R100 Postnet delivery fee and R96 SAPS reprint fee).

You can call her on  (012) 320 4346 and her email address is ptacbd@postnet.co.za

She is one of the most efficient people I have ever worked with!

I hope you come right!

Edited by Darran
  • Like 1

@Darran I can't thank you enough. My wife got in touch with her earlier today and about 10 minutes ago we received an email with a scanned copy of the corrected PCC. I've already sent it to my agent but because she is based in Perth she will only get it  in the morning and submit it tomorrow. We were even able to get a refund from Doc Assist. 

• Like 2

On 6/14/2017 at 6:31 AM, Hunts said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the PCC amended in a very short space of time due to the fact that it is there mistake?

Hi Hunts

I'm not sure if you can get to the PTA office for the PCC or get someone to go there for you. They forgot my maiden name, and my mom went there and they printed the new one out for her on the spot. I gave her the incorrect one, and proof of payment for the new one (not sure if its needed but I figured R95 is worth it, better safe than sorry)

I went to my normal police station and asked, I could have sent a "change request" and explained the problem to them but then it will take 7-12 weeks to process after they got it in PTA, so that would have been way too long. 

hope you get things get sorted. 

Well, all of our PCCs were uploaded today. Must say I felt relieved that ours was fine judging by how many forumites have had mistakes of  theirs. 

Now we have nothing left to do but wait...

Only 2 weeks to go till the 1 July gates open (hopefully). Hoping to hear some approvals coming through  for all of us soon

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JaxBaker83 said:

Well, all of our PCCs were uploaded today. Must say I felt relieved that ours was fine judging by how many forumites have had mistakes of  theirs. 

Now we have nothing left to do but wait...

Only 2 weeks to go till the 1 July gates open (hopefully). Hoping to hear some approvals coming through  for all of us soon

All the best @JaxBaker83

Hi All. We got CO contact on 16 June. No additional information requested. It just said:

Notification that your application for a Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) visa has

been allocated for processing 

So I suppose now we just sit tight...

hang in there guys. Hoping you all get news soon. 

• Like 1

I dont quite understand the process here. My agent said that if the co picks up our applocation and is happy with everything he sees the visa can be granted immediately.

Im guessing the co now needs to check all the dates and docs and names and qualifications to see if the whole picture makes sense to him/her? How long can that take? Surely they do one case at a time as well?

not that we can do anything other than to wait and pray...

@John281 how many points did you have, or is points no longer an issue after invitation? 

Edited by Karools
  • Like 1

@Karools we have 75 points. But I dont think it makes a big difference at this stage. As my brother-in-law (who has also been through the 189 process) says. You have to get used to the australian way of thinking. If you tick the boxes/qualify you will get the visa. They play it straight down the line over there apparently. I mean as apposed to sa where you never really know what is going to happen. 

I think direct grants do happen often. But you also see people on myimmitracker get an immi assessment commencement letter and then a few weeks later they get the grant. 

But ja our agent says expect a time of 4 months from lodging. So I am keeping to that as the expectation. Anything else for us is a bonus. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Karools said:

@John281 how many points did you have, or is points no longer an issue after invitation? 

The points are only used for the EOI. I am starting to feel that it is more about the ANZSCO code at this point though. I've applied under an "Analyst Programmer" which, according to myimmitracker, has not issued a grant to anyone lodging after 1 April.

What codes has everyone lodged under?

6 minutes ago, EtherZa said:

What codes has everyone lodged under?

We lodged under ANZCO 233111 Chemical Engineer. But I think if you have an invitation you are basically through and points/occupation dont matter from then on. The invitation rounds have an occupational ceiling which limits the amount of invitations they can send out per year per ANZCO code/ profession. If you have more points you will have better chance of getting an invitation. After invitation and lodging you are in the system and waiting for assessment just like everybody else. The rules that govern that process is not so clear as the EOI/ invitation process. But I believe if you have been invited you are basically good to go. Just need to be patient. 

Hi all,

You definitely need your maiden name on your PCC for it to be accepted. I personally dropped off my application in Pretoria and both wrote on the form and asked that my maiden name be reflected. When I collected the PCCs, I checked everything before leaving.

The waiting is difficult but before you know it, you'll be on to the next stage of selling up and goodbyes and the emotional roller coaster of the reality of migrating. 

@John281 Love the profile pic. We also have a Boston. Most exceptional little dogs.

• Like 2

Finally uploaded the only document outstanding (not need to guess - PCC). At least we did it before a Case Officer has been assigned to our application. It looks pretty quiet these days. I guess the pace will pick up after 1 July. Now I'm fully in the waiting room. All the best to everyone

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Last Day of June everyone- here's hoping that there is some movement for us all next week :ilikeit:

• Like 1