VISAS LODGED April/May 2017

Karools

Lodged in March 2017 , ... but no group for March.

NAME

VISA APPLICATION DATE VISA CO CONTACT ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED VISA GRANTED
brotobunz 06/03/2017 489 17/03/2017 PCC/Medicals 5/5/2017 tbc

thanks BarryHeyns ... have added this post to 

Edited by brotobunz

44 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

It is stressful because it becomes a part of your everyday thinking. Everyday you are either planning, thinking about or waiting for something with regard anything to do with the visa, your life revolves around it. Reason being is that the visa is important to you and your family. The day it gets granted is like a massive weight off you shoulders......................but then you need to go on holiday and switch off the brain. It feels like I am recovering from a brain injury almost a year after the grant haha!

Just so @TakeItOnTheChin  well said

@JulesR I am praying that there is still a way for you- please keep us posted. 

This whole process has been so stressful- I just checked online to see if all our medicals have been uploaded, and everyone is clear except my daughters: 

"Examinations ready for assessment – no action required.
The required health examinations have been completed and submitted by the panel clinic to the department. This person's case will be processed or referred to the department's migration medical services provider, Bupa Medical Visa Services, for further assessment."

I don't know what that means- really panicking that there may be something wrong with my child. Its strange because the Dr actually said that our family was in perfect health, so the only thing could be the TB test (Mantoux), but we saw the pathologist at Ampath write 0.00 for both of them, so surely that is negative???

Waiting for Hatmed to return my call- hopefully this is just a random check
:unsure::(
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JaxBaker83 said:

@JulesR I am praying that there is still a way for you- please keep us posted. 

This whole process has been so stressful- I just checked online to see if all our medicals have been uploaded, and everyone is clear except my daughters: 

"Examinations ready for assessment – no action required.
The required health examinations have been completed and submitted by the panel clinic to the department. This person's case will be processed or referred to the department's migration medical services provider, Bupa Medical Visa Services, for further assessment."

I don't know what that means- really panicking that there may be something wrong with my child. Its strange because the Dr actually said that our family was in perfect health, so the only thing could be the TB test (Mantoux), but we saw the pathologist at Ampath write 0.00 for both of them, so surely that is negative???

Waiting for Hatmed to return my call- hopefully this is just a random check
:unsure::(

I got the same, after a few days it changed.

I think they refer the results to someone in Aus to make a decision, if they are happy it will be changed. If they ask for more information you will need to send more info. Someone mentioned something about random checks also being done and yours might be a case where they refer it but it is approved without any additional info required.

Edited by BarryHeyns

Hi @BarryHeyns

The Dr didn't mention anything- said that we all appear to be in good health. My daughter has mild seasonal asthma, but so do I and my son- whose medicals were clear

check again after a couple of days, mine changed and all good now without any problems or additional info.

They will be in contact if they need anything anyway but if your local Dr was positive with result then you will be fine i am sure.

• Like 1

Thanks @BarryHeyns I pray that this is the case

Just when you think that you can stop panicking then you hit another speedbump... 

• Like 2

On 5/20/2017 at 0:00 PM, JulesR said:

I am so relieved!!! My skills assessment has FINALLY come through :ilikeit:  And it's positive :ilikeit:

Now I can submit my EOI - whoop whoop!!

Congrats! 

• Like 1

Medicals cleared for me and the wife. Very relieved. 

Good luck to all still waiting. 

• Like 1

Hope it's just a random check, @JaxBaker83!  It's crazy how this process takes over your life completely.  I'm sure all will be well.  

• Like 1

@BarryHeyns You were right! I logged on this morning, and my daughter's medical has changed to "Health Clearance Provided- no action required"

Thanks for the reassurance- Talk about an emotional rollercoaster- going from quiet anxiety to full blown panic attack at least twice a week (lol)...immigration certainly aint for sissies

Our medicals have now been finalised (yay)

Also received an sms this morning from SAPS: "Clearance Appl has been received and is in process. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS SMS" Does this mean that SAPS only just received our PCC app?

• Like 3

Glad to hear your medicals are sorted now!

Well I can tell you our full story which highlights the extreme highs and lows you have during this process, our lives have been put on hold for almost 2 years now since starting.

Anyway, these medical exams should be done before you apply for the visa, because after applying you really don't want any uncertainties and especially a medical uncertainty where you really might not be able to change anything which could result in losing all that cash you paid.

Awesome news @JaxBaker83! The SMS from SAPS is to notify you that they have only received the PCC.

You can track it's progress by going to www.saps.gov.za/services/certificate.php and putting in either the reference number you received in the SMS (leave out the / after 2017 when inputting the number, otherwise it won't show) or your surname and date of birth.

Edited by Darran

I'm late to the party but also lodged on 20 April for a 189. I've gone for the document ready approach but only got the last of my docs in about two weeks ago :( so far nothing has progressed, but I wait with nerves of jelly...

I hope there is no objection - I have injected my name into the list of hopefuls :D

NAME

VISA APPLICATION DATE

VISA

CO CONTACT

ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED

VISA GRANTED

Karools

20/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

EtherZa

20/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

Hunts

27/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

Matrx

28/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

John281

28/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

JaxBaker83

09/05/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

We have just lodged our application...what an unbelievable feeling!  

NAME

VISA APPLICATION DATE

VISA

CO CONTACT

ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED

VISA GRANTED

Karools

20/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

EtherZa

20/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

Hunts

27/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

Matrx

28/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

John281

28/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

JaxBaker83

09/05/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

Darran

23/05/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

• Like 3

Welcome @EtherZa

@BarryHeyns i heard about having pre-medicals, but sounded like it wouldn't be anything official in any case until you lodge your application and receive your hap-nr. 

I know my agent advised me to only apply for pcc's after we get our invite to apply as they only take a couple of days. Hah, maybe in cape town, definitely NOT in our mpumalanga small town. All in all it took us 7 WEEKS to get them, and only after my brother-in-law went to pretoria to personally fetch them, getting them reprinted (meanwhile saps had POSTED the certificates through normal post, not even registered mail. Where those first certificates are now is anybody's guess).

So my advice to anyone anxious to get their visas asap, do your pccs before you are invited...

There have already been 6 189 grants today on the myimmitracker site with the latest submission date being 14 March. The other 5 were submitted between 1-5 March.

What has been strange this month is the fact that 29 out of the 30 grants have come from Adelaide with the remaining 1 from Brisbane. I wonder what has happened to the Brisbane office.

• Like 1

Thanx for this update @Hunts, helps to know should not be expecting a grant for at least another month and a half.

I've just seen on myimmiaccount that someone was granted their 189 visa today that was lodged on 15 April and it wasn't even decision ready. The date is slowly moving closer to all of our lodgement dates.

Also on the border.gov website the earliest allocation date for the 189 visa is 1 April meaning that every 189 visa that has been lodged up to 1 April has been assigned a case officer.

• Like 1

Just when i thought it was time to 'forget' about the visa grant..... good luck all

• Like 1

Just submitted EOI today, so now we wait!! Hoping to get an invite as an Accountant when the new quota's are released in July!

• Like 1

Got our PCC's today!  We used Christa at the Pretoria CBD Postnet banch to collect them on our behalf, what a pleasure!  She had collected and scanned them to me within 30 minutes of calling her!  Unbelievable! Cost was R400/certificate (delivered to KZN).  I will definitely recommend to anyone not living in Pretoria!  Everything is in order with the certificates, of particular concern was having my wifes maiden name included, but this is all (thankfully) correct.

We have our medicals booked for Wednesday the 7th, so fingers crossed all goes well!

For anyone else interested, Christa can be contacted at (012) 320 4346.

Edited by Darran