VISAS LODGED April/May 2017

Karools

4 hours ago, Kumbie said:

The last man standing has finally made it...!!!!!

After a looooong wait, the visa was finally granted this morning at 3.43am (after 5 months and 9 days of stress and anxiety). 

You guys have been awesome on this group (April/May visa group). We have encouraged each other over the past few months and have kept each other going

I wish everyone success for the future. Maybe one day we will gather around a braai in Aussie and talk about the stress we went through 

All the best

yeeeeeee at last Kumbie , congratulations mate. It was worth the wait. Makorokoto. If you give me your number, I would like to call you.

• Like 1

Awesome stuff @Kumbie!

When are you heading off?

Our plans have changed slightly, would have gone to regional queensland, but I have received a better job offer at Hamilton, VIC. Great school and a great package, so blessed. 

So, 3 December we take off for melbourne via sydney, spending two nights in melbourne before driving the 300kms west to our new town and new lives. 

Where is everybody headed? 

Its wonderful to see yah all packed up and ready to go. I will still be here in SA probably until August 2018.  I'm however making an activation trip this December and will double it as my Christmas holiday too.  Will be based in Brisbane from 10 December till 7 January 2018. 

@Karools congrats on your job offer. I guess there is nothing as nice as leaving SA having already secured a job. 

@lovelife It was a brutal wait hey. I must confess 

4 hours ago, Karools said:

Awesome stuff @Kumbie!

When are you heading off?

Our plans have changed slightly, would have gone to regional queensland, but I have received a better job offer at Hamilton, VIC. Great school and a great package, so blessed. 

So, 3 December we take off for melbourne via sydney, spending two nights in melbourne before driving the 300kms west to our new town and new lives. 

Where is everybody headed? 

Got a job in Mulgrave, Melbourne. Starting on the 27th of this month. We are flying on the 24th . We( @Samie & I) will be staying in Moorabbin in an Airbnb.

Am scared, yet a very excited that we folded all we have into 3 suitcases , with fists clasping hope of a better life and a hearts full of dreams to accompany us. 

Edited by matrx

@RichieLichie welcome, yes there is one, look in the "discussion specifically on applying for a visa" section.

(Oops, just went to check and no, there isn't... only for june. Sorry)

@matrx we are also going with suitcases only, scary thought but also exciting starting over from scratch.

Edited by Karools

Whoop, Whoop! That is great news @Kumbie Congratulations! 

When do you guys need to activate?

How are things going for the rest of this group? 

For us, we have managed to sell our place, and last weekend registration was cleared and we got paid. SO we are now busy chatting to FX Capital about getting it to Auz. We are moving in March but we won't be shipping anything just yet since we don't know where we want to live. SO the plan is to go over and spend some time travelling before we decide where to settle down and look for job etc, then probably by Sept next year we will ship things. So yes progress is being made, and now we wait again, enjoying the last couple of months in SA. Talk about bittersweet. 

• Like 1

Good news everywhere. Isn't God Great? What was an idea now a reality. Awesome! This side , I am still stuck with the house yet to find a buyer. If all goes well I am moving end of January so my daughter who is starting grade 1 that side will not miss much.

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Any recommendation on which cost effective but professional Estate Agents to consider for selling the house. Most of the well known agents are way too expensive. I'm planning to put my house to put my house on the market in January 2018. 

Speaking of which, if you can also assist with any recommendations for people that can do good interior renovations (just enough in order to sell the house)

Most agents charge 7% of the selling price. It also depends on the area where the house is. I am stuck with an agent who charged me 7% and is doing nothing. When it comes to recommendation, try threepercent.com. I have no experience with them but if they say is true, then i think they are the cheapest.

We just sold our house through Seeff at 7% on the first showday😁

23 hours ago, Kumbie said:

Any recommendation on which cost effective but professional Estate Agents to consider for selling the house. Most of the well known agents are way too expensive. I'm planning to put my house to put my house on the market in January 2018

Whee are you based, We had two agents and both agreed to work for 5%,  One agent brought us a cash offer that was lower than the asking price and he offered to reduce his commission to 4% to help make up for the loss. We really liked Raul, since he worked very hard at trying to get a byer unfortunately for him we ended us selling threw the other guy, he was first to bring us an accepted offer at asking price. Problem is they both only really work in our specific area. 

Yeah also stuck with the house selling thing... I`m not necessarily selling coz of wanting to move to Aus (still in the early stages, yet to write IETLS lol). Selling because i`m buying another place (or at least that is/was the plan). 

Yes, all the well known Estate agents charges around 7.5% excluding vat.  which comes close to 100k on a million. crazy! Then you still need to do all the certificates etc. etc. 

The smaller guys  tend to settle for about 5% inclusive of vat if you are willing to give them a mandate (which is not always ideal), they are always willing to negotiate. However after working with allot of agents all over the show I decided to give a mandate to the agent who was best at communicating, since I hate all these phone calls etc. and disturbing the tenant, I would rather work with one guy. 

The problem wasn't necessarily the agents, the problems i experienced was all the people taking chances! First we has good offer, but the lady was going through a divorce, ended up the husband didn't want to settle outside of court, so after 3 months of nothing happening we canceled the agreement. Then along came a "cash Buyer" who only wanted to deliver proof of cash after 60 days, not even the physical cash? Its quicker to get a loan than wait for that cash!!! Then came a young girl who wanted to buy with her parents, and didn't get a loan approved.  etc. etc.

So ill just wait it out, and work with this one specific agent! 

On 11/9/2017 at 9:33 AM, Fidjet said:

Whee are you based, We had two agents and both agreed to work for 5%,  One agent brought us a cash offer that was lower than the asking price and he offered to reduce his commission to 4% to help make up for the loss. We really liked Raul, since he worked very hard at trying to get a byer unfortunately for him we ended us selling threw the other guy, he was first to bring us an accepted offer at asking price. Problem is they both only really work in our specific area. 

I'm based in Lonehill, Fourways. Any luck this is the same area as you?

Hi everyone. They say no question is stupid. I would like to know if an mtn line can receive and send messages while in Austraulia.  Do I need to roam or it does automatically?

6 hours ago, Kumbie said:

I'm based in Lonehill, Fourways. Any luck this is the same area as you?

Same hood. We in Magalissig. Will DM you

20 hours ago, Kumbie said:

'm based in Lonehill, Fourways. Any luck this is the same area as you?

Nope, we were in Bergbron. I'll PM you the one guy's info maybe he knows someone in your area? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2017 at 8:44 PM, comrades said:

Hi everyone. They say no question is stupid. I would like to know if an mtn line can receive and send messages while in Austraulia.  Do I need to roam or it does automatically?

You have to arrange it with MTN - and even then you may have issues. My husband has arranged it more than once and it has never worked - so we ended up getting a temporary sim while in Australia (your whatsapps still work if it's the same phone even when you change the sim) for our temporary trip.

• Like 1

Thanks Tntaglia. So which line works without problems so I can do sim swap before I leave? I would like to be able to do some internet banking with Fnb from Austraulia.