VISAS LODGED April/May 2017

Karools

Sorry @comrades I was just looking at the spreadsheet. I'm sure yours will come through any day now! Just try keep the faith 

• Thanks 1

Congrats @Exxaro. Great feeling isn't it. When are you planning on moving, by when do you need to activate. 

On 9/20/2017 at 11:58 AM, comrades said:

you are not alone hey. I am waiting as well since 26 May when I lodged application. For now keep the faith. Reading the bible will help you a lot because this waiting is traumatising.

I like what you say about reading the Bible :-)

1 hour ago, comrades said:

Please stop whatever you are doing and congratulate me for this day, our visas are finally GRANTED!!!

I stopped everything I was doing , to congratulate you @comrades ,.Well deserved! . Enjoy the moment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations @comrades

Take some time to relish this feeling before the next steps. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/29/2017 at 11:37 AM, comrades said:

Please stop whatever you are doing and congratulate me for this day, our visas are finally GRANTED!!!

Congrats @comrades. Happy for you. I guess this leaves me alone as the last man standing from the April/May group. Still nothing from my side. 

To everyone else, enjoy your last few weeks in SA and all the best for job hunting 

• 2 weeks later...

It’s now very quiet here. I guess everyone has disappeared and busy preparing for their departure. Spare a thought for me, the last man standing from the April/May group still without any response 🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1

Praying for you @Kumbie. All in god's time.☺ I am waiting for feedback on my vetassess so I can submit EOI.

21 minutes ago, Kumbie said:

It’s now very quiet here. I guess everyone has disappeared and busy preparing for their departure. Spare a thought for me, the last man standing from the April/May group still without any response 🙏🙏🙏🙏

We are with you @Kumbie . The last man standing always has the whole team rooting for him:)

Not sure if you speak Afr but ... hou moet. Before you know it you will have a pyjama dance and then a crazy mad rush to get things sorted. 

Don't be so down:( Kumbie......It will happen soon....just hang in there...I know its not easy.....:mellow:

We all are still here cheering you on.....good luck

Just always be focused has to what is awaiting you........that should motivate you:ilikeit:

NAME   VISA CO CONTACT ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED VISA GRANTED
DATE LODGED
Fidget 1/4/2017 189 5/4/2017 5/4/2017 1/9/2017
Karools 20/04/2017 189 TBC TBC 11/9/2017
EtherZa 20/04/2017 189 TBC TBC 12/9/2017
Hunts 27/04/2017 189 14/06/2017 Wife's SA PCC had wrong birth date and no maiden name. 1/9/2017
Matrx 28/04/2017 189 TBC TBC 19/09/2017
John281 28/04/2017 189 TBC TBC 13/09/2017
Lovelife 8/5/2017 189 7/7/2017 7/7/2017 12/9/2017
JaxBaker83 9/5/2017 190 15/05/2017 15/05/2017 12/9/2017
Darran 23/05/2017 189 TBC TBC 11/8/2017
Exxaro 26/05/2017 189 TBC TBC 20/09/2017
Kumbie 29/05/2017 189 11/8/2017 Partner proof of English TBC  

Sorry guys ....Just want to know how many of you are retaining your south African citizenship?

Did you know that you need to fill in a retention form and pay R300 per person - submit to home affairs to retain your citizenship?

Crazy........stuff:angry:

1 hour ago, lovelife said:

Sorry guys ....Just want to know how many of you are retaining your south African citizenship?

Did you know that you need to fill in a retention form and pay R300 per person - submit to home affairs to retain your citizenship?

Crazy........stuff:angry:

When my husband got his EU passport he simply needed to notify DHA of his intention to keep his South African citizenship, no payment was required.

I, for one, am renouncing as soon as I possibly can. My birth certificate will always say I was born in Bophuthatswana, so I reckon if any of my descendants ever get a crazy yearning for danger/adventure then they can apply for the needed paperwork. In the meantime I want to be rid of the aggravation of dealing with any part of South African bureaucracy/corruptocracy. And in the unlikely event I ever visit in South Africa I want to know the Aussies will get me out if anything goes wrong. If you keep RSA citizenship they will simply say "You are a citizen in your own country, not our business if they're rioting."

So yea, that's my 5c
But then, I'm not 'trying Australia out'. I immigrated- one way only.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The last man standing has finally made it...!!!!!

After a looooong wait, the visa was finally granted this morning at 3.43am (after 5 months and 9 days of stress and anxiety). 

You guys have been awesome on this group (April/May visa group). We have encouraged each other over the past few months and have kept each other going

I wish everyone success for the future. Maybe one day we will gather around a braai in Aussie and talk about the stress we went through 

All the best

• Like 9

@Kumbie congrats mate...It was worth waiting for. Here is to the short period of packing up and wrapping out everything. Where are you heading to? We are going to Melbourne & arrive on 25th Nov, it's exciting how we wrapped up everything so quick from job offer to accommodation in just a month and some weeks since the 19th of Sep grant. Well done once again for being strong!!