VISAS LODGED April/May 2017

Karools

Cannot believe I am at this step, my heart has been going crazy the whole day.

189 visa lodged today. Not sure they have an emoticon that could attempt to summarize the feelings inside me.

Any other people lodging during April or March, let's keep each other posted.

Edited by Karools
Silly me thinking that march follows on april..what a fool :) April and May it is
  • Like 3

@Karools Congratulations on lodging and all the best! Hope it goes quickly...!

Our agent submitted our 189 visa application today. It was decision ready meaning that all the supporting documentation was submitted including medicals, police clearances etc.

NAME

VISA APPLICATION DATE VISA CO CONTACT ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED VISA GRANTED
Karools 20/04/2017 189 tbc tbc tbc
Hunts 27/04/2017 189 tbc tbc tbc

It has been a long, winding road , but we finally submitted today:). Decision Ready!

• Like 1

Congratulations @Karools, @Hunts and @matrx.  Since youve titled this post "April/May 2017, I am hoping to join you here too.  I am just waiting (waiting, waiting) for my vetassess results to come in.  Since I can't go via 457 anymore, and my 45th birthday is rapidly approaching, my only hope now is the 489. But that means vetassess need to recognise all my years of experience as being related to my nominated occupation.  

• Like 1

Hi All,

My wife and I lodged our 189 application on Friday 28 April 2017. Now it is time for medicals. Hope to get it turned around quickly. 

will post again once I have some more news. 

@Hunts @Karools well done with the tracker. Sure it will help others later to see how long it took. It will also be nice to hear how you guys are progressing. 

• Like 1

NAME

VISA APPLICATION DATE VISA CO CONTACT ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED VISA GRANTED
Karools 20/04/2017 189 tbc tbc tbc
Hunts 27/04/2017 189 tbc tbc tbc

Matrx               28/04/2017                       189            tbc                              tbc                                              tbc

John281          28/04/2017                       189            tbc                              tbc                                              tbc

• Like 1

@matrx I just assumed that you had applied for the 189 visa. I can edit the table if you applied for a different one.

@JulesR good luck with your last hurdle. I had to go through AIQS for my skills assessment and luckily it only took a week.

9 hours ago, JulesR said:

45th birthday is rapidly approaching

@JulesR I certainly know how that feels... I hope it comes in time.  I was told that as long as you have your invite in time, that's all that matters, apparently the clock stops at the point of invitation and everything is frozen as is.  Our invitation came one month before I hit 45....

• Like 1

Hi all. This is getting very exciting. Waiting for our agent to lodge our 190 in the next 2 weeks. Got our invite to apply online  the 12th April and have since done our PCCs.  I think the agents have been inundated the past 2 weeks with all the visa changes and they have assured us it'll be lodged as soon as they're ready. The end is in sight for us all and hoping to be added to this tracker very soon. Can't wait to hear all of your updates :)

On 4/29/2017 at 5:17 PM, Hunts said:

@matrx I just assumed that you had applied for the 189 visa. I can edit the table if you applied for a different one.

@JulesR good luck with your last hurdle. I had to go through AIQS for my skills assessment and luckily it only took a week.

Thanks @Hunts Yes It is  189. Thanks

I am going out of my mind with anxiety.  My skills assessment is apparently complete and with the verifying staff for checking.  So much depends on this (how many points they give me for experience).  I don't think at this stage that I will be able to lodge in May (at the end of May I lose points for age), but the ball is rolling now, and we'll see where it gets me.  

@JaxBaker83 - have you lodged yet?

Fingers crossed for you @JulesR! Hoping it all comes through in time.

We are hoping to be lodging in the next two weeks.

• Like 1

Hi @JulesR.  Holding thumbs that you get your results in time! I also found the waiting for the mpa results to be the most stressful wait so far. I literally counted the days.

Our agents have lodged our 190 application today so will get the hap IDs tomorrow so we can book the medicals. Not sure why I am so paranoid about the medicals, I'm sure that's the case for everyone.

Onto the home stretch! 

Edited by JaxBaker83
Typo
  • Like 1

@JaxBaker83 We did our medicals last week Friday. Can relate to your experience. But it seems everything went OK. The Dr also mentioned that the turn around time for the tests and submission to DIBP takes around 3 days. So not a long process it seems.

• Like 1

NAME

VISA APPLICATION DATE

VISA

CO CONTACT

ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED

VISA GRANTED

Karools

20/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

Hunts

27/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

Matrx

28/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

John281

28/04/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

JaxBaker83

09/05/2017

TBC

TBC

TBC

• Like 1

Thanks @Hunts!

Feels good to be on the spreadsheet, and looking forward to everyone's updates!:)

Is anyone else signed up to the myimmitracker website? I know that not everyone who has applied for a visa uses the site and that not all people who are granted a visa return to the site and update their situation but there have only been 2 grants this month. This is very low compared to previous months when multiple visas where granted on a daily basis. These are the visas granted so far for this year:

• January 106
  • February 148
  • March 129
  • April 121
  • May 2

It has only been 2 weeks since we submitted our applications so I can't complain but I hope that things haven't slowed down as we are going to Australia on holiday in July so we need the visas before then.

We lodged at the beginning of March, medicals finally loaded beginning of April. Have not heard a single word. The wait is horrible! 189 visa on 75 points for Accountant.

@Hunts, I read on SAMTA Group on Facebook, where a person asked why there are so few pyjama dances so far this month. An agent replied that they see this sort of slow down each year from May and June as they reach their quotas, and that the DIBP wait until July to push some approvals through. She said not to despair as this happens annually.

Not sure if this really is the case for all applications, or if it is more applicable to ANZCO codes that are close to their occupational ceiling. Guess we'll have to wait and see

@JaxBaker83 I also saw that. The answer was actually to my question on that group! I hope that it isn't the case as I really need the visas to come through before the middle of July.

I did see that another person on myimmiaccount got a visa grant today taking the grand total up to 3 for the month.

@Hunts that's so funny- we're all on the same sites

I also hope that isn't the case. Hopefully it all comes through by latest beginning of July- holding thumbs for you!

The number of visa grants on the myimmitracker website is now up to 7 for May. Not a massive increase but at least things are happening. Hopefully if there is a steady increase in grants this week it might indicate that things are picking up again.

• Like 1

Hi all. Our timeline so far. 

Submit application 27-03-2017. We also booked our medicals on the same day, appointment made for 06-04-2017

Application received and paid: 01-04-2017

Request for information 05-04-2017, Medicals and PCC, we really thought we would have more time for this to get done, it's only been 5 days since they received our application. 

Medicals 06-04-2017 finalised 11-04-2017

PCC 06-04-2017

Additional information submitted 11-04-2017

• Like 2