Jump to content

Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group


Recommended Posts

TeeTMI
On 7/1/2020 at 4:29 PM, SamiKon said:

Hi all,

 

I am new to this forum but often read the topics for advice and it's super helpful! I am now in need of some clarification surrounding the Contributory Parental Visa for my parents who live in South Africa. They have Dutch passports but they have expired and they would need to travel to Holland in order to renew them.

 

I live in Brisbane (have been for 3 years) and have my PR based on my Dutch passport (originally from SA). Is it a possibility for my parents to do one the following:

 

A. Can they come over to Aus on their Dutch passports on a Holiday Visa and then apply for the CPV while they are here? Would they fall onto the Bridging Visa then until the CPV is approved? I am aware that it can take up to 5 years to be approved. 

 

B. Come over to Aus on their SA passports and apply for the CPV while here and receive the Bridging Visa?

 

Does the Bridging Visa come into affect while waiting for the CPV? Can they be living in the country up until it gets approved?

I have read online that it says you can't be in the country when it gets approved. How does that work?

 

Any guidance here would be appreciated.

 

Thanks!

 

There are 2 (or 3 with the 173) main CPVs the 143 offshore visa and the onshore 864 visa - with applications being made offshore/onshore respectively.  A Bridging visa would generally only be available with the onshore CPV.  

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Elna57

    443

  • DGT

    208

  • Onthemove

    207

  • Dirkz

    197

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

😀 relieved and totally thrilled - finally received my CO's long awaited formal request for submission of documents - my visa assessment has begun - woohoo. News is still sinking in 😲 and sud

@DGT @Onthemove @Dirkz @Elna57 @JTN Today is the best day of my life, the start of a new life and dream!! After 41 months of waiting, envolving sad days, frustrated days, excited day, angry  days

Progress report on the long haul flight :   The Approach Controller has handed me over to the Tower Controller - "Flight 143 is Cleared to Land".   Visa Granted.   Regard

Posted Images

WendyAllison
11 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@WendyAllison

Hi there.

How are you doing?

Hang on and stay strong.

This too shall pass and you will be in Aus soon.

 

HI Elna, the waiting game is very difficult.  My whole life is on hold.  Thank you for your kind words ❤️❤️ 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Elna57
3 hours ago, WendyAllison said:

HI Elna, the waiting game is very difficult.  My whole life is on hold.  Thank you for your kind words ❤️❤️ 

 

You still have my Aus mobile number? Or you can Fb message me.  Anytime. 

I have had so many ups and downs since arriving in Aus. It has been a real rollercoaster ride but I still do not regret any single minute of it.

Done some free courses and paid ones too. 

Found my perfect job at an aged care facility (at my age!)) as a dining room attendant in a really good establishment with  good Christian values as  a result of one of the free courses. Been truly blessed and am extremely grateful.

Despite the challenges, I know that I would have never had an opportunity like this back in South Africa and the best of all, I get to see my only child on reasonably often occasions without having to travel for 18 hours to visit.

Australia is my home now. I still miss SA but family, in the end, is what matters most. And I can not be more grateful to Australia for being so welcoming to immigrants.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Elna57
15 hours ago, Elna57 said:

As far as I know, your parents can be sponsored by more than one person and it doesn't necessarily have to be a family member. 

I will also try to look through our documents to see at what stage the sponsorship issue was addressed. It has only been 2 and a half years ago, but feels like a lifetime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Robyn2259

We have just been asked for 2nd VAC payment!!! 

There is light at the end of what has been a very dark tunnel.

 

Briefly, applied Jan 2016 for 143 Contributory Parent, received request for further info Nov 2019, submitted AOS Jan2020, were only able to finalise and submit other docs end Feb (long story, another time), and then....... we all know what hit the world....

 

We heard absolutely nothing during this time, until today.

 

2020 has possibly gone from the worst year to the best.

 

Hope this cheers someones day up, that there is indeed movement. Will be waiting in anticipation to see what happens with visa grant and dates to enter....

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats @Robyn2259 !!!

Hopefully your visa will be issued as soon as the 2nd VAC is received by them.

At least that's what happened to us.

To enter Australia from South Africa at this moment.... let us know what the conditions are.

Good luck!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Elna57

@Robyn2259

What great news! Congrats!

So happy for you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
TeeTMI

The Dept of Home Affairs has released the Outcomes for the Migration Plan 2019-20 (year ending 30th June 2020).  As suspected there was a significant reduction in the number of applications processed compared to places available.
 

I am adding a copy of the table that shows the number of Parent visa applications Lodged and Granted (Granted = 'Program Outcome') by year - plus the number of applications still awaiting processing within the system
(Note that the applications 'Onhand' include both the Contributory and Non-Contributory visa applications.  The Non-Contributory have a suggested 30+ year processing timeline).

 

The outcome of the Contributory Parent (note this includes the 143 and the 864 visas) and Non-Contributory Parent categories were 3,730 places and 669 places, respectively.

Contributory Parent and Non-Contributory Parent categories accounted for 27.3 per cent and 23.5 per cent of the total Family stream pipeline, respectively.

image.png

Edited by TeeTMI
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Robyn2259

VISA GRANTED TODAY! My parents' 143 visa was granted at midday today, after paying the 2nd VAC last night.

Last date to enter is 12 months from now (Sept 2021).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 1:16 PM, TeeTMI said:

The Dept of Home Affairs has released the Outcomes for the Migration Plan 2019-20 (year ending 30th June 2020).  As suspected there was a significant reduction in the number of applications processed compared to places available.
 

I am adding a copy of the table that shows the number of Parent visa applications Lodged and Granted (Granted = 'Program Outcome') by year - plus the number of applications still awaiting processing within the system
(Note that the applications 'Onhand' include both the Contributory and Non-Contributory visa applications.  The Non-Contributory have a suggested 30+ year processing timeline).

 

The outcome of the Contributory Parent (note this includes the 143 and the 864 visas) and Non-Contributory Parent categories were 3,730 places and 669 places, respectively.

Contributory Parent and Non-Contributory Parent categories accounted for 27.3 per cent and 23.5 per cent of the total Family stream pipeline, respectively.

image.png


Any specific reason why the refusal rate is so high? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Janti said:


Any specific reason why the refusal rate is so high? 

 

No reason is provided - you would need to know those reasons to be able to consider whether it is just random, or there has been e.g. some change in policy or whether for example the longer processing times have resulted in individual applicants having more changes in circumstances (e.g. health) making the applicant no longer eligible for the visa? 

Edited by TeeTMI
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the nuances of the 143, but I was hoping someone could shed some light:
- The sponsor and person signing the assurance of support is the same? If not, are both income tested, and are their thresholds different?

- I looked up the thresholds here https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/assurance-of-support-aos-income-requirement/It looks like the threshold is $91k (gross excl. super?) for two parents? 

- Assuming me and the missis can jointly sponsor my parents?

- We've only been in Australia for 18 months, will the lack of financial history impact the application negatively? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Janti said:

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the nuances of the 143, but I was hoping someone could shed some light:
- The sponsor and person signing the assurance of support is the same? If not, are both income tested, and are their thresholds different?

- I looked up the thresholds here https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/assurance-of-support-aos-income-requirement/It looks like the threshold is $91k (gross excl. super?) for two parents? 

- Assuming me and the missis can jointly sponsor my parents?

- We've only been in Australia for 18 months, will the lack of financial history impact the application negatively? 

 

Hi Janti

Welcome to the forum. 

Generally the sponsor and the person providing the AoS are the same but this need not always be the case.  Where more than 1 person is providing the AoS then there is a formula (parents/sponsors) to calculate the income required.
Again generally speaking the sponsor would normally be expected to have been resident in Australia for at least 2 years.
 

Tee

Edited by TeeTMI
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TeeTMI said:

 

Hi Janti

Welcome to the forum. 

Generally the sponsor and the person providing the AoS are the same but this need not always be the case.  Where more than 1 person is providing the AoS then there is a formula (parents/sponsors) to calculate the income required.
Again generally speaking the sponsor would normally be expected to have been resident in Australia for at least 2 years.
 

Tee

Thanks Tee. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...