Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 3:01 PM, Chanelleswa said:

Hi.

If you apply for a 143 visa onshore do you get a bridging visa? 

No (generally speaking - there may be some exemptions in rare specified circumstances?).  The similar onshore parent visa option would be the 864 Contributory Aged Parent visa.

Edited by TeeTMI
  • Thanks 1

I have a rather morbid question, which I hope doesn't ever become a reality for any of our parents waiting at the moment.

What happens if the primary applicant on a visa application dies while waiting for the visa to be processed? Does the secondary applicant become primary by default? If not, would it be possible to lodge a change to achieve this?

Just something I was wondering about.

12 hours ago, Donovan83 said:

I have a rather morbid question, which I hope doesn't ever become a reality for any of our parents waiting at the moment.

What happens if the primary applicant on a visa application dies while waiting for the visa to be processed? Does the secondary applicant become primary by default? If not, would it be possible to lodge a change to achieve this?

Just something I was wondering about.

In situations like this, speaking as a generalisation, the secondary applicant could become the primary applicant.  In addition it is also possible to change sponsors further down the line if required. 

• Like 1

Thanks :)How doable is it to remove the primary applicant and replace them with the secondary applicant? Eg - let's say you'd originally applied with both parents, but one decides not to move, and that person is the primary applicant.

Could you remove them from the application and have only the secondary applicant left?

On 12/20/2019 at 8:53 AM, Elna57 said:

@CFDS The waiting room is very quiet right now. Perhaps we will ask @TeeTMI whether she has any idea?

The latest I have is that the 143 visas being processed have definitely reached Dec 2015 - I have heard of people being asked to provide additional documents with dates after this.  As with all visas there can be variation between individuals depending upon individual case officer load when allocated to a case officer.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TeeTMI said:

The latest I have is that the 143 visas being processed have definitely reached Dec 2015 - I have heard of people being asked to provide additional documents with dates after this.  As with all visas there can be variation between individuals depending upon individual case officer load when allocated to a case officer.

Thanks@TeeTMI

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

My mrs and myself will  be providing the AOS for my in-laws. I wanted to ask if anyone had had the experience of doing so.

I know that we have to fill 2 separate forms for AOS if we are submitting it in paper at the Centrelink office.

However, when it's done online, do we have to fill in the AOS separately from each of our Centrelink accounts as well? 

Would appreciate anyone sharing their experiences. 

PS: We are still not there yet, but I am keeping all the stuff ready in anticipation. 

On 1/12/2020 at 12:59 PM, CFDS said:

Hi, 

My mrs and myself will  be providing the AOS for my in-laws. I wanted to ask if anyone had had the experience of doing so.

I know that we have to fill 2 separate forms for AOS if we are submitting it in paper at the Centrelink office.

However, when it's done online, do we have to fill in the AOS separately from each of our Centrelink accounts as well? 

PS: We are still not there yet, but I am keeping all the stuff ready in anticipation. 

@TeeTMI Do you have any idea about this please.

On 1/12/2020 at 12:59 PM, CFDS said:

Hi, 

Hi CFDS - my online AoS's have been single sponsors so I cannot advise.  You might phone Centrelink. 

5 hours ago, CFDS said:

@TeeTMI Thank you. 

Just sharing this as an update for all.

If there are 2 sponsors for the AOS, each of the sponsors will need to fill in a separate SU594 form. This can be handed over in person at the Centrelink office along with the other supporting docs. 

IF it's done online then each has to fill out the AOS online from from their individual Centrelink accounts. 

This is what I learnt from my call today with Centrelink. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all roomies and all who have landed here in Australia. We arrived on the 19 January 2020 and are settling in nicely with our family. Experienced our first Australia Day at the beach in Currumbin . It was a long 4 year wait but in the end worth the wait. Now to do all the official things like,Medicare drivers license, tax number etc. went to get drivers license you need 5 points of reference to qualify ( only had 4) so will go to Medicare this week and sign up.

Humidty on the Gold Coast is off the charts at moment after all the rain.

Don't give up those waiting it will be worth the wait.

PS: Dirk could you give me a call sometime to meet up. 0406601952

• Like 3

Welcome JIG. I’ll contact you. 
The rest of the roomies, byt vas!
Like JIG said it’s all worth it at the end. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 11:34 PM, JIG said:

Hi all roomies and all who have landed here in Australia. We arrived on the 19 January 2020 and are settling in nicely with our family. Experienced our first Australia Day at the beach in Currumbin . It was a long 4 year wait but in the end worth the wait. Now to do all the official things like,Medicare drivers license, tax number etc. went to get drivers license you need 5 points of reference to qualify ( only had 4) so will go to Medicare this week and sign up.

Humidty on the Gold Coast is off the charts at moment after all the rain.

Don't give up those waiting it will be worth the wait.

PS: Dirk could you give me a call sometime to meet up.

Congrats. Thanks for posting.  Keep us informed as your info may just help some of us still waiting for our call.

Good luck in the new life

Edited by JennyLeigh

@JIG Welcome to the Sunshine State! 

@JennyLeigh Welcome to the thread.

@JIG. Yes please, keep posting as much and often as you can, since procedures change so often, it would be good to keep others informed. Just curious to know whether there is a MyGov office on the Gold Coast?

And, would you say that the process, from the request for documents to Visa Grant is still more or less the same?

Have a great day!

Raining in Wynnum right now, so looking forward to a cooler day.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 5:30 PM, CFDS said:

Just sharing this as an update for all.

If there are 2 sponsors for the AOS, each of the sponsors will need to fill in a separate SU594 form. This can be handed over in person at the Centrelink office along with the other supporting docs. 

IF it's done online then each has to fill out the AOS online from from their individual Centrelink accounts. 

This is what I learnt from my call today with Centrelink. 

@CFDS. Thank you for posting this info. I am sure it will help others in the future.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just interested to find out. Both parents awaiting 143 visa. One of them doesn't pass medicals, does that result in the visa being rejected for the both of them? I've read somewhere about a medical waiver... Anyone able to shed some light on this.

Thank you so much in advance.

@TeeTMI Gooid morning. I would like to know whether you do initial free assessment? I have a friend who needs your services. We are based in Brisbane'

Kindly send me your contact details to: elna@flex.za.net

@acmac @TeeTMI will probably answer your question.

Hi Ex Roomies

We have been in Australia for 2 years now! 

I love the fact that us older people are still able to find work and contribute. (Although there have been challenges. 🤨)

Good luck to all Roomies in the queue.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 3:12 PM, acmac said:

Just interested to find out. Both parents awaiting 143 visa. One of them doesn't pass medicals, does that result in the visa being rejected for the both of them? I've read somewhere about a medical waiver... Anyone able to shed some light on this.

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi Acmac

A Medical Waiver is not possible within the 143 visa.  There is the potential that one parent might be removed if justified/accepted, however I would advise getting advice relating to your circumstances if that is an issue.  
Whilst there are a range of areas considered under the health criteria for many the main one is meeting the 'significant cost'.  This has changed slightly recently (positively) and there are also some additional considerations with people over 75 years of age.

On 2/10/2020 at 8:28 AM, Elna57 said:

@TeeTMI Gooid morning. I would like to know whether you do initial free assessment? I have a friend who needs your services. We are based in Brisbane'

Kindly send me your contact details to: elna@flex.za.net

I have sent you an email, your friend is welcome to contact me.

• Like 1

The 143 visa processing times were updated last Friday - they stating they are looking at applications lodged Jan 2016. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2020 at 10:50 AM, TeeTMI said:

The 143 visa processing times were updated last Friday - they stating they are looking at applications lodged Jan 2016. 

Hi, just quick question where are you seeing this information as I check this link normally and it still says up to December 2015

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/family-visa-processing-priorities/parent-visas-queue-release-dates

Hi All

I would just like to apologize upfront with some of the questions I would like to ask.

We are in the process of applying for a Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143).  As I have always done the Immi tourist Visa applications myself (successfully), I guess I am a bit nervous with this one, as I do not want to jeopardize anything.

Here are a few of my questions:

1.  Is it worth going through an Agent for this Visa or as I have heard from many people, they have done it themselves quite successfully?

2.  Filling in Form 47PA (Application for a parent to migrate to Australia), Question 13 - Give details of previous visits to Australia.  they are asking for a Visa number.  the visa number on the Form starts with V_ _ _ < _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, however, on the Visa Grant Notice the Visa Grant number does not fit in the provided spaces.  Is this the correct number or should this be another number and where would I find this number?

3.  As both our parents 'remarried' (due to spouses been deceased) after we left home, do we still need to include the names of our 'step parents' children?  We never lived under the same roof as our 'step brothers and sisters'?  

4.  The Form 47A (Details of child or other dependent family member), as our Son lives in Australia, do they accept an electronic signature on this form or should I scan / email and let him sign and return to me via email?

Won't overdo the questions for now.

Look forward to some advice / suggestions.

Huge thanks - Liz