Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

3 hours ago, theballies said:

Form 80

Police clearance from all countries lived in for a cumulative period of 12 months or more  over the last 10 years

Australian police check

Medicals

Colour copy of your passport

Copy of your national identity card

AOS

@theballies Thank you very much. That was helpful ! 

• Like 1

This is very encouraging news for us still waiting.. Thanks for posting.  Do let us know how you progress.

Please everyone keep posting your progress as it gives Us all some sort of yard stick as to where we stand in the queue.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2019 at 3:16 PM, JennyLeigh said:

This is very encouraging news for us still waiting.. Thanks for posting.  Do let us know how you progress.

Please everyone keep posting your progress as it gives Us all some sort of yard stick as to where we stand in the queue.

Hi All I agree that this forum update gives us all an idea of where the process is. Ours was sumbitted end of March 2016 so are holding thumbs we may get a Christmas surprise by way of a request for further info. Thank you to all for posting their updates it is appreciated.

On a seperate note has anyone who have had their visas approved and are now settled in Australia shared a container to get their personal effects across. We are thinking of taking a few personal items accross and these would fit into a quarter/half container and are trying to get an estimate. If there is an shipper/agent that can be recommended it will be appreciated if they could respond. 

On 11/6/2019 at 6:21 AM, Ike said:

Just received a letter with an attached invoice that must be pain within 70 days. 

Once payment is made a decision will be made. We are on our way. 

Did you get a letter in the post or an email with the invoice?  We received our AOS approval over three weeks ago and have received nothing since. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janey1509 said:

Did you get a letter in the post or an email with the invoice?  We received our AOS approval over three weeks ago and have received nothing since. 

same here i have been waiting for three weeks after AOS approval

• Like 1

SAme here waiting from 6 weeks after Aos letter given to immi...everything done from my side.. now waiting again.... anyone has any clue how long to wait now..tnx

• Like 1

Hello all..

Hope you all are well. Finally received the invoice letter last night to pay for second payment. Good luck to all.

Please see my signature status for all the dates.

• Like 3

The Legislation for the number of PR Parent Visas that can be granted in the financial year 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020 has been published: 

Contributory Parent Visas 6,096 visas  (the figure for 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019 was 7,175)

Non-Contributory Parent Visas 1,275 visas (1,500 the previous year)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello all

Finally received the visa grant email today. So happy  now. Can’t wait to see my parents here in Australia now.

Just want to share my story

its been more than 25 years since we have lived together under one roof. When i was 8 years old, my parents wents to philippines for work. Me and my brother lived with my uncle in India. At 20 i came to Aus for study and got PR after couple of years. Now finally I will be able to spend time with my parents.😍😍

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gsb733 said:

Hello all

Finally received the visa grant email today. So happy  now. Can’t wait to see my parents here in Australia now.

its been more than 25 years since we have lived together under one roof. When i was 8 years old, my parents wents to philippines for work. Me and my brother lived with my uncle in India. At 20 i came to Aus for study and got PR after couple of years. Now finally I will be able to spend time with my parents.😍😍

Wow! You must be thrilled! ❤️  :) So nice to hear happy endings in the land of waiting-forever-for-visas :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gsb733 said:

Hello all

I'm so glad for you!

We applied one year before you did and have been here for more than two years already (since Sep 2017). We are looking after grand children a lot and our children have a bit more freedom to go out and have granny looking after the small ones. Hopefully you will be able to make use of your parents to good effect as well 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Congrats to everybody whose visa grants have come through and good luck to  all you who are waiting .Hope it comes soon for all of you.

Quick note about the board.

I have only posted on the board a couple of times but had visited the board regularly prior to our 143 visa grant in July 2019.

This board with all the knowledgeable contributors was a great predicator of the timeline for our visa grant. We did not have to call or check with anybody

we just visited the board and knew how things moving. Again thank you to you all for your generous time on this board.

QUESTION, We are leaving for Sydney in few days what are things that had to be looked after as you arrived . medical and driver licence come to mind...

My waiting journey is over. I have my black and white pdf to say VISA GRANTED.  Could have been 🎇

My process was uncomplicated and and I did it solo. Things I would do differently.  

Get your application in. You have a number of years to refine your application if you have a couple of missing pieces. 

Give them everything they ask for, don’t assume your replacement will do.  

Complete a change in circumstance whenever your situation changes. 

If you have applied for an offshore visa, make sure you are offshore when the visa is about to be granted. 

SCHOOL FEES

I waited a year to get my unabridged birth certificate. 

I paid for an extra flight because I was in-country.  

One hour after i cleared customs customs yesterday my visa was granted.  Big brother is watching. 

Wasn't in the air, still on the ground. 

B400D218-3D19-4D23-B893-C93A07D9529F.jpeg

Edited by Ike
Corrections
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, nazmeen said:

Congrats to everybody whose visa grants have come through and good luck to  all you who are waiting .Hope it comes soon for all of you.

Quick note about the board.

I have only posted on the board a couple of times but had visited the board regularly prior to our 143 visa grant in July 2019.

This board with all the knowledgeable contributors was a great predicator of the timeline for our visa grant. We did not have to call or check with anybody

we just visited the board and knew how things moving. Again thank you to you all for your generous time on this board.

QUESTION, We are leaving for Sydney in few days what are things that had to be looked after as you arrived . medical and driver licence come to mind...

We've been in Aus for over two years now, but I can remember the first 3 things we did the day after we arrived:

1. Went to the bank to activate our bank account which we had opened online before we left South Africa.

2. Visited Centrelink to register for Medicare.

3. Visited the Transport and Main Roads Service Centre to get our drivers license. In Queensland we were fortunate to just go in and get our QLD drivers license by producing our South African drivers license and passport. In NSW you might have to do an assessment test. Just check online.

Edited by Dirkz
  • Like 1

Congrats to all on your visas being granted!

When you go to Centrelink for Medicare cards, you will be guided by one of the officers to link all your Centrelink and  Medicare onto your MyGov account. Once you have an ATO number you can go online, make a phone call and obtain a one time password to link your ATO details as well. After all that is done, the MyGov account is where you will log in to change your address etc. 

Your new drivers licence will be your new identity document which you will need to identify yourself everywhere you go. 

And of course, don't forget to get your public transport card ASAP to enjoy the brand new luxury of reliable, punctual and fairly cheap public transport.  

Good luck to all and enjoy your new life in Australia.

• Like 1

Dirkz  & Elana 57

Thank you very much for the information. Are we able retain our Canadian drivers licence or does that get cancelled as soon we get our Australian drivers licence.?

Also has anybody bought into the  private health insurance,. We are both fairly healthy but getting up in age. I am 71 and the wife is 68 .Here we only have one public system it   covers everybody and . Works well but for certain procedures you may be put on a waiting list The reason I am asking is I read somewhere on this board that if you want get the private insurance you have to get  within a year. I know something like this would come down to personal preference, Any advantage to getting it ?

Are we covered for medical as soon as we register at centrelink  or is there a waiting period before it takes effect,,

Thanks again. 

23 hours ago, nazmeen said:

Dirkz  & Elana 57

Thank you very much for the information. Are we able retain our Canadian drivers licence or does that get cancelled as soon we get our Australian drivers licence.?

Also has anybody bought into the  private health insurance,. We are both fairly healthy but getting up in age. I am 71 and the wife is 68 .Here we only have one public system it   covers everybody and . Works well but for certain procedures you may be put on a waiting list The reason I am asking is I read somewhere on this board that if you want get the private insurance you have to get  within a year. I know something like this would come down to personal preference, Any advantage to getting it ?

Are we covered for medical as soon as we register at centrelink  or is there a waiting period before it takes effect,,

Thanks again. 

We just kept our South African drivers license. It has nothing to do with the Australian authorities and it stays valid in the country where it was issued until it expires there (ours are expiring soon now, but we are not in SA to renew it and shall allow it to expire - we can always use our Aus license when visiting SA). Yours might be different.

Like Elna said, in Aus your drivers license is your ID card. When you change address and notify them (within two weeks!) they send you a sticker that goes onto the back of your drivers license to replace your old address with the new one.

We got notified that we can take out Private Health Insurance up to one year after arriving and skip the LHC which you will have to pay if you are 31 years of age or older (at 2% loading per year up to 70% max) - see https://www.privatehealthcareaustralia.org.au/consumers/lifetime-health-cover/

As soon as your've registered with Medicare you are covered. We have made use of them when my wife fell and hurt her arm and knee on a trail walk. The treatment was fantastic.

For any emergencies you will be treated very quickly (like when falling off your bicycle and brake your hip - you get a hip replacement within a few days, for free), but when planning to get a hip replacement due to constant pain due to degenerative cartilage, you might have to wait a year or two. We took the chance and denied to get health insurance. We had to get some dental stuff done but it was not too expensive. And not all private plans include much dentistry procedures. It hurt, because I was a dentist for 40 years in SA!!

If you can afford private health and are not very healthy, you should consider it. Some doctors charge an extra fee when consulting them (which private health will pay), but there are many that do "bulk billing" (like ours). They just claim from Medicare and you don't pay a top up.

Spectacles, dentistry, medicine and some other things are not covered by Medicare. An eye test can be bulk billed (paid by Medicare) but you need to pay for the glasses when you have no private insurance. That can all be checked on the web.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 10:19 PM, FussyBee said:

Hi All, 

Finally got the email with the invoice from the Immigration to pay the 2nd VAC. Nothing on the letter or invoice mentioned about if the applicant onshore then they have to depart Australia within 28 days. But I sent  email adviced the case officer anyway to let him know that my mum will be leaving Australia on 1 December (yeb, I decided to reschedule her flight from February next year to 1 December instead!)

I will complete the payment tomorrow and hope they will grant her visa as soon as my mum left!

Good luck everyone. 

Update: 

My mum has left Australia on 1 December. We received the email granted letter from the Immigration at 5.55pm. Our waiting is now over, we are so excited and can't wait to have my mum here in early January. 

Notes: we submitted 103 visa in July 2015 - withdrawn in August 2017 and resubmitted 143 visa instead.

AoS notice letter received 12 August 19 and phone interview in early October, AoS acceptance letter received a week after then second VAC within 3-4 days. 

We had my mum here in Australia with her visitor visa so she had to leave so the visa can be granted. We received the granted visa the day after she left... 

I just like to thank you everyone on the forum for your input. It's helped us so much. Thank you, thank you and thank you!!! 

Good luck to you all... 😘

• Like 1

Dear members, my case is as the following:

1. Lodged Visa 173 in Mar 2015

2. Received Email to provide documents for Visa Application in Sep 2017

3. Submitted all the requirement documents in NOV 2017 and received Request for Medical Examination.

4. Received Invoice for Visa 173 and PAID and Got Visa Granted in FEB 2018

5. May 2018 arrived in Australia.

6. SEP 2018 applied for Visa 143.

7. SEP 2019 received a Request for AoS

8. After many issues with Centrelink -> 14/NOV2019 got Approval Letter from Centrelink for AoS

9. Now still waiting for the Second Payment :( I am very worried. 

Might I ask, is there any chance that they refuse the Visa in this Stage?

Hi All, 

Any Feb'16 applicant's that have heard from a case officer? I have seen some movement with some applicants on FB. Was curious to know if the queue has really advanced to Feb applications.

Thanks in advance ! 

Hi everyone

Would like to ask a few questions relating to this Visa.  We applied for my mother in law on 26 February 2016 and have just been sent a request for further information and documents.   One of the requirements is an Australian Federal Police check.  Does this apply even if she has not lived in Australia - she has been here about 4 or 5 times on a Visitor Visa 600.  Do we need to apply for one giving her South African address?   Also, she obviously needs to get a SA police clearance - any ideas on how  long these are taking at the moment? 

Can anyone clarify the exact amount of the second installment ?  I have found a figure of $47,120 and also $43,600 and another figure of $47,755 (dept of home affairs website) - does it vary per applicant?  Also, is this over and above the $4,155 fee at time of application?   Any idea on when this would need to be paid - so hard to find exact information on the website and of course, you can't email or ring anyone.  It seems to be such a lengthy drawn out, complicated process!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

@Megan123 Welcome ! You will find most of the answers to your questions here. Suggest your parents join, it is very comforting to read and keep up with other folks' progress and the support from the group is priceless.

The AFP check must be a new requirement, we only had to submit a South African police check. (In my opiinion, she would not need to submit an AFP clearance) It probably is applicable to onshore visa applications.

The easiest and quickest way to do that is through a company called Postnet in Pretoria. Just do a search on Facebook and you will find them. Very important is to clearly state that the police check HAS TO have her maiden name on it as well.  They (postnet) will be able to tell you how long it takes nowadays to obtain the clearance. Pop them an e-mail and they will assist you with the process.

The second installment is over and above the initial application fee. Someone who recently got the visa approved will be able to tell you the exact costs nowadays.  @FussyBee ? The amount is payable a few days before the visa grant right at the end of the process.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

@Apple123

Welcome!

It is normal to have to wait a while after the AOS approval and I do not believe that your visa would be refused for any reason other than  medical requirements. 

I assume you applied for the 143 whilst being onshore in Australia? 

@CFDS The waiting room is very quiet right now. Perhaps we will ask @TeeTMI whether she has any idea?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Megan123 said:

Hi everyone

Would like to ask a few questions relating to this Visa.  We applied for my mother in law on 26 February 2016 and have just been sent a request for further information and documents.   One of the requirements is an Australian Federal Police check.  Does this apply even if she has not lived in Australia - she has been here about 4 or 5 times on a Visitor Visa 600.  Do we need to apply for one giving her South African address?   Also, she obviously needs to get a SA police clearance - any ideas on how  long these are taking at the moment? 

Can anyone clarify the exact amount of the second installment ?  I have found a figure of $47,120 and also $43,600 and another figure of $47,755 (dept of home affairs website) - does it vary per applicant?  Also, is this over and above the $4,155 fee at time of application?   Any idea on when this would need to be paid - so hard to find exact information on the website and of course, you can't email or ring anyone.  It seems to be such a lengthy drawn out, complicated process!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

@Megan123

Hi, on the VAC2 tax invoice as at 13.11.19 I paid $43,600.00.  I paid via BPAY.  Payment options:

● BPAY® (no surcharges incurred)

● PayPal (surcharges apply)

● payment by credit card through either Visa, MasterCard, Amex, JCB, Diners (surcharges apply).

Hope this help :) 

Good luck!

• Like 1