Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

33 minutes ago, FussyBee said:

My mum is here in Australia with her visitor visa until early Feb next year. What would happen to my mum case? I have already bought her a plane ticket. Should I email the Immigration now to let them know that my mum is here in Australia ? Or should I wait until I paid the second payment then advise them? Any advise would be much appreciate. Thanks guys. 

As @Ike has mentioned above, once you are asked to pay 2nd VAC, you should advise your Case Officer that you (your parent\s) are onshore and arrange for immi to delay the issue of the 143 visa until they can be offshore. 

When they are onshore on a visitor's visa, they need to leave the country to "close" the visitor's visa. Only then can they return to activate the 143 visa. The 143 will be granted while they are offshore because they applied from offshore.

It was the same when @Elza (who started this thread) arrived about a year ago. She went to Fiji for a few days to wait for her 143 visa to be granted. It's a good idea to make sure you have internet access when offshore to know when the 143 is granted.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, FussyBee said:

@Ike

Oh.. that's no good! I just received the accept letter from the AoS Centrelink today and waiting for the email from the Immigration re the second payment. 

My mum is here in Australia with her visitor visa until early Feb next year. What would happen to my mum case? I have already bought her a plane ticket. Should I email the Immigration now to let them know that my mum is here in Australia ? Or should I wait until I paid the second payment then advise them? Any advise would be much appreciate. Thanks guys. 

@FussyBee  all things being equal you should receive the invoice within a couple of weeks. That’s when the clock starts ticking. 

This is what I got. “

Evidence of intention to depart Australia
The following information is required to consider this application further:
1. Applicants who have applied for a Parent visa and who are in Australia are required to make arrangements to depart Australia within twenty eight (28) days after the date of the request for payment of the 2nd VAC was made.
Please provide within seven (7) days of today a scanned copy of their departure arrangements from Australia. Applicants should allow a minimum of 5 working days for a visa to be granted following departure from Australia.

Hopefully it will help others. 

• Thanks 1

Looked at all the options and returning to South Africa was the cheapest. Just made the December increases. Not necessarily the shortest.   

Consolation, second last flight 😁

• Like 1

@Ike @Dirkz

Thanks so much for all the info. 

I might email the Immigration today with the plane ticket whuch already booked to leave n 9 Feb to see whether they can be delay the process and allow her to stay here until Feb then granted her visa after she left Australia. 

It's going to cost me over $1000 to change her flight and rearrange child care for my children etc.. 

Do you think the Immigration would considering this? What your thoughts?

@FussyBee  if it was me I wouldn’t mess with the system. My fear is that they  reach their limit and then we wait until mid year. 

I had sent in a change in circumstances (travel plans) and it did not change anything.

• Sad 1

@FussyBee If I were you Id keep flights the same, and just send your mom or go with your mom on a weeks holiday to NZ / somewhere closeby. 

• Thanks 1

Update on processing - now up to November 2015. Seems like the queue is speeding up a little for 143s? 

• Like 1

Yes it seems to be moving a lot better . I would like to thank all who have participated in this forum for the help and inspiration . It has made the journey that much easier knowing more or less where your application is in the que. I hope the new applicants keep this site going as you can see the old hands keep coming back to give advice. Good luck to all.

• Like 1

I just wondering do u guys received the email from pvc.team1@homeaffairs.gov.au or directly from case officer for further information? It takes almost 28 days to receive reply from the team email. 

Hi All, 

Finally got the email with the invoice from the Immigration to pay the 2nd VAC. Nothing on the letter or invoice mentioned about if the applicant onshore then they have to depart Australia within 28 days. But I sent  email adviced the case officer anyway to let him know that my mum will be leaving Australia on 1 December (yeb, I decided to reschedule her flight from February next year to 1 December instead!)

I will complete the payment tomorrow and hope they will grant her visa as soon as my mum left!

Good luck everyone. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wei said:

I just wondering do u guys received the email from pvc.team1@homeaffairs.gov.au or directly from case officer for further information? It takes almost 28 days to receive reply from the team email. 

@Wei Hi, all the emails that I received from the Immigration/case officers came from the pvc.team1@homeaffairs email address. 

53 minutes ago, FussyBee said:

@Wei Hi, all the emails that I received from the Immigration/case officers came from the pvc.team1@homeaffairs email address. 

Same with us. The only way I picked up that I was at the end dealing with our personal CO was when I checked the CO's Position Number under her name. In the beginning the CO number varied, but at the end when I communicated directly about our departure date, etc, I noticed that the CO number was the same one. So it was the same agent corresponding with me - our CO. Right at the end she even included her name and was very helpful. 

Thanks for sharing the information. I received emails from different people each time. It’s really frustrated when they asked for additional information and I replied within a few days, but they took 28 days to reply. I contact the immigration department a few times to check whether they received the requested documents, shocked to be informed by the person who answered phone ( not the processing team) couldn’t find the documents in my mom’s folder after 3 wks time, Mentioned there is no time limits to file the documents. They don’t want to comment on this prolonged processing time. 😂 

my mom’s application lodged in Sep 15. AOS team already messed things up. Deposit account and other information all uploaded, but received a letter mentioned the application was rejected. Followed up with centralink and reviewed the case, just received a oral confirmation yesterday that AOS has been accepted. The previous rejection Letter was automatically generated as the processing time over their internal processing time limit. What a joke! 

Received the first email for additional information about police clearance, health check, passport and form 80, all updated in July. But received another email asking for birth certificate which unable to provided as it was not issued when my mom was born. Provided with reasons and certified family register book. Uncertain whether they will accept it or not? Feel really exhausted when they dot reply your email within an accepted time. Any ideas except for waiting? Thx anyway.

Hi @gsb733 ,

Yes I did. I sent the AoS acceptance letter to the CO yesterday at 9am and received the email with the letter and invoice at 4.48pm from different CO. 

Hope you get the invoice very soon.

Hi All,

Just wanted to check if baptism certificates are accepted as a birth certificate? My in laws have always used that as their birth proof as in the 50's there wren't any municipal birth certificates been given or used. 

1 hour ago, CFDS said:

Hi All,

Just wanted to check if baptism certificates are accepted as a birth certificate? My in laws have always used that as their birth proof as in the 50's there wren't any municipal birth certificates been given or used. 

@CFDSI was born in the 50 and I got my unabridged birth certificate from home affairs. It took a while and delayed our application for a year.

Not that this is advise, BUT, if I was to do it again I would submit my baptism certificate, then apply for the correct birth certificate.  

When the correct document is received complete a change in circumstance and submit the required document. 

If you provide the correct / requested information and documentation your application will be processed without delay. 

Missing information could be called for at the end, then you will just wait until you can get the required details. 

On 11/15/2019 at 8:04 PM, Ike said:

@CFDSI was born in the 50 and I got my unabridged birth certificate from home affairs. It took a while and delayed our application for a year.

Not that this is advise, BUT, if I was to do it again I would submit my baptism certificate, then apply for the correct birth certificate.  

When the correct document is received complete a change in circumstance and submit the required document. 

If you provide the correct / requested information and documentation your application will be processed without delay. 

Missing information could be called for at the end, then you will just wait until you can get the required details. 

@Ike Thank you for that insight. It really helps. I will work on that with  my in-laws.

2 hours ago, theballies said:

143 Applied on 25/01/2016 - Acknowledged on 27/01/2016 - Request for further docs on 13/11/2019 🎉

Contrast!!! Let us know how it goes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys. Just wanted to know if anyone has info on the medical waiver and what is the criteria? I've heard that in the case where medicals aren't met (e.g. due to cancer and not something contagious), one is able to apply for a medical waiver? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, theballies said:

143 Applied on 25/01/2016 - Acknowledged on 27/01/2016 - Request for further docs on 13/11/2019 🎉

Hi @theballies would you be kind enough to share what they ask for with further docs? 

1 hour ago, CFDS said:

Hi @theballies would you be kind enough to share what they ask for with further docs? 

Form 80

Police clearance from all countries lived in for a cumulative period of 12 months or more  over the last 10 years

Australian police check

Medicals

Colour copy of your passport

Copy of your national identity card

AOS

• Thanks 1