Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

On 10/11/2019 at 8:52 AM, TeeTMI said:

As a generalisation, within the Department of Home Affairs policy, the current definition of 'Member of the Family Unit' would include spouse/de facto partner and children under 18 and in some cases dependent children over 18. 

Hi Tee,  Many thanks for your reply. 

If I apply this definition, then I would not be entering my details in Q13 and Q57 as all the children of my mother(myself and my sister) are above 18.

Then where would I be entering my details and my sisters details and then the question is "how would the department of immigration assess the balance of family" condition.

Please throw some light on this

Kind Regards,

M

Hi everyone. Just a short note on update. We received "THE" letter from Centerlink on Friday it was sitting on my sons MYGOV account for a week. There is a setting in the MYGOV account for Centerlink make sure you have ticked the box. My son will go to the bank today for bond payment.

Any news IKE?

@JIG I haven’t even received phone call for interview. I applied on 22nd Aug on My gov. My friend applied same day via paper appication in centrelink. His parents are already here. His application was approved in 4 weeks. Seems like online application taking more time than paper.

i asked my friend and he said after taking letter to bank, it took 2 days to receive letter from centrelink.

good luck

2 hours ago, JIG said:

Hi everyone. Just a short note on update. We received "THE" letter from Centerlink on Friday it was sitting on my sons MYGOV account for a week. There is a setting in the MYGOV account for Centerlink make sure you have ticked the box. My son will go to the bank today for bond payment.

Any news IKE?

Completed AOS documentation 5 August. 

Received a letter (snail mail) today requesting additional information. Submitted today, my son will contact them tomorrow. 

Although slow, we have progress. 

Nothing from CO. 

On 10/14/2019 at 9:44 AM, Maggie123 said:

Hi Tee,  Many thanks for your reply. 

If I apply this definition, then I would not be entering my details in Q13 and Q57 as all the children of my mother(myself and my sister) are above 18.

Then where would I be entering my details and my sisters details and then the question is "how would the department of immigration assess the balance of family" condition.

Please throw some light on this

Kind Regards,

M

Hi Tee, 

I got the answer to the above question after a bit of a research. There is a question in the form where we are supposed to write the details of other family members(Question 61). I shall be filling my details there and not in Question 13 and 57. I just thought of updating you all.

Kind Regards,

M

And another question to the group/experts. 

Once we have filed the Contributory parent Visa(143) Application and it has been accepted, can we submit Sponsored Parent Visa(Subclass 870) visa application?

I am in a dilemma as Contributory parent Visa queue is extremely long and it might take 4-5 years before the application is picked up. So, wondering if I can get my mother on Subclass 870 visa until a decision the contributory parent visa is made

Kind Regards,

M

@Maggie123

I am definitely not the expert but, looks like you have three family units. What I have read and understand. 

Your mother

You and your children

Your sister and her children

The main family completes the 47PA, then each member over 18, dependent on the main family member completes a 47A. 

Non dependent members over 18 do an independent / separate application.   

Then to add complexity, what will the dependency be in 5 years. You have to prove dependence when applying and when you provide additional information when the visa is processed. Then during the 5 year wait, anything that changes must be updated, using a change in circumstance. 

To me this is a little complicated and it may be best to get the correct advice from a migration agent. 

On 10/13/2019 at 8:22 PM, Ike said:

Something else I thought of.   When the 47PA was completed, question 54 children under 18 migrating with and question 55 dependent children over 18.  So you would have been in one of these. 

Now the catch all. 

Who the form covers The application form covers a family unit, the members of which are the main applicant and, if applicable, partner and dependants who will be usually migrating with the main applicant.

Dependent children A dependent child may be your or your partner’s child or   step-child. ‘Step-child’ means a child of your current partner or a child of your former partner when the child is under 18 years and you have a legal responsibility to care for that child (for example, when your former partner is deceased and you have legal custody of your former partner’s child). You will need to provide a certified copy of the overseas or Australian court order which you have in relation to the child. A child of any age is not considered dependent if he or she is married or in a de facto relationship or is engaged to be married. A child 18 years of age or over will not be considered dependent unless you can show that they are wholly or substantially reliant on you for financial support for their basic needs of food, shelter and clothing. You must also show that you have provided that support for a substantial period and that the child is more reliant on you than on any other person or source. Unless you can provide evidence of this, they should apply separately. Children of any age who have a total or partial loss of bodily or mental functions which stops them earning a living are regarded as dependent and part of the family unit (whether or not they migrate with you). Give details of such children whether they are in your care or in an institution. In all cases, you should attach evidence of your child’s dependency on you.

Note: If you have dependants who are 18 years of age or over, please obtain form 47A  Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over. A form 47A must be completed for each dependant 18 years of age or over, whether or not that person is migrating.

Section 104 of the  Migration Act 1958  (the Act) requires you to inform the Department of Home Affairs (the Department) of any changes in your circumstances that affect any answer to a question in your application form.

Notification of changes in circumstances form 1022 must be completed. 

Thank you @Ike

On 10/17/2019 at 8:09 PM, Ike said:

BREAKING NEWS..

Now processing October 2015. 

6E6A4CF0-C23E-403A-B907-F9D46D1DE8D1.jpeg

Just to include some subsequent information to the above table.  The DHA had included the Onshore visa applications within the respective offshore categories - whereas the Onshore applications had been moving faster.  The DHA have updated the information to include:

We have identified some discrepancies in processing times between offshore and onshore visas in both Parent and Contributory Parent categories and are taking action to correct them.
* Onshore Contributory Parent (UU884 and DG864) visa subclasses have been assessed up to January 2017. Onshore Contributory Parent visas lodged from January 2017 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Contributory Parent (CA143 and TU173) applications to bring the dates back to parity.
** Onshore Aged Parent (BP804) visas have been assessed up to Queued Date of May 2012. Onshore Aged Parent applications with a Queued Date of May 2012 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Parent (AX103) applications to bring the dates back to parity.

This is good news for the 143 visa applicants as it suggests that they will be bringing the 143 into line with the 864 applications.  The DHA had reached up to processing visa applications submitted in January 2017 for the 864 visa applications.  

• Thanks 2

On 10/21/2019 at 1:07 PM, TeeTMI said:

Just to include some subsequent information to the above table.  The DHA had included the Onshore visa applications within the respective offshore categories - whereas the Onshore applications had been moving faster.  The DHA have updated the information to include:

We have identified some discrepancies in processing times between offshore and onshore visas in both Parent and Contributory Parent categories and are taking action to correct them.
* Onshore Contributory Parent (UU884 and DG864) visa subclasses have been assessed up to January 2017. Onshore Contributory Parent visas lodged from January 2017 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Contributory Parent (CA143 and TU173) applications to bring the dates back to parity.
** Onshore Aged Parent (BP804) visas have been assessed up to Queued Date of May 2012. Onshore Aged Parent applications with a Queued Date of May 2012 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Parent (AX103) applications to bring the dates back to parity.

This is good news for the 143 visa applicants as it suggests that they will be bringing the 143 into line with the 864 applications.  The DHA had reached up to processing visa applications submitted in January 2017 for the 864 visa applications.  

I think this is excellent news. All of us poor 143 visa applicants will hopefully see better movement in the coming months. Looks like we were put in the backseat accidentally. 

Hi Everyone, I can understand the frustration which we get from Aos. I m n Melbourne and I applied for my parents in nov 2015. I got invitation for further docs on 29 July . Applied my Aos on 14/08/19.           Got interview on 6/09/19. Got bank guarantee letter on 09/09/19. Uploaded bank guarantee letter through mygov on 14/09/19. I received rejection letter on 29/09/19. Was shocked and frustrated. During 14/09/19 - 29/09/19 , I literally made 50 phone calls to Aos customer service number 132850. Got different story every time call them , they actually don't know wat they r doing. Best answers most them gave it will 6 months just wait. Even, after uploading my back docs I called them 25 times to make sure they forwarded my docs to Aos team . Every time they said yes and they said put a note on ur file. Now back to story when I received rejection letter. I was so frustrated bcz I knew this thing will delay more now. I called on a complaint and feedback number on , which is on bottom of rejection letter, even u can find it on mygov aswell, the lady who answered my call helped me at her best. When I told her my situation, she straightaway put on hold and called the person who interviewed me. And they approved my application in 5 mins and she also told me that I got rejection letter bcz my docs weren't forwarded and also I put financial when I uploaded through mygov. She said I should have put Aos , I told her there was no option for that. Even she had no answer. And interviewer said me just upload and call on 132850. But nothing to worry that rejection letter is automated letter generated my computer bcz they didn't receive bank guarantee letters . After  3days i received my approval letter in mygov inbox.  From my experience in these situations always call on complaints and feedback number. So will be answered in 15-20 mins . If they ask tell them I m not getting clear answers from other number. And keep calling every single day those who still waiting for interview. Tell them people getting their approval letter in 1 month not 6 month. Msg is bit long , may b it will help someone. Thanks

• Like 2

GREAT NEWS!

I received the request for further information email for my parents today 30 Oct 2019. We submitted 143 application 4 Jan 2016. 46 months.

Edited by Robyn2259
  • Like 2

Yes Ike, we are neck n neck down the home straight but have no idea where the finish line is. It is very frustrating not knowing when the visa will be granted. We have dogs to book for blood test, furniture removals to be booked, tickets to be booked etc. It is the NOT knowing what is happening to your application that is so frustrating if only we knew within a week or two it would be less stressful.

3 hours ago, Robyn2259 said:

GREAT NEWS!

I received the request for further information email for my parents today 30 Oct 2019. We submitted 4 Jan 2016. 46 months.

@JIGExcellent news to see the 143 Jan'16 application has been picked up. I assume this is an offshore application ?

Yes, sorry, edited my post to specify it was for a 143. Was too exciting in the moment!

@Ike from one waiting room to the next! 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Robyn2259 said:

Yes, sorry, edited my post to specify it was for a 143. Was too exciting in the moment!

@Ike from one waiting room to the next! 

At least the new waiting room has windows and a light. 

• Haha 1

hello all.

update on AOS application. 

Applied on 22 August 2019.

Received call from centrelink today for interview. Now Aos application shows completed on My gov. She said i will receive letter Online.  But i am not able to find it. Can someone tell where we get letter?

thanks

On 9/30/2019 at 12:15 PM, CFDS said:

Hi, you can apply for the 600 visa and select the option of having a 12 month at a stretch stay. For this visa your parents will need to do medicals. 

However, if they choose to do just a regular tourist visa it won't need any medicals. But more often than not, they can stay only 3 months at a stretch after which they need to go back. This is typically a 2 year visa.

I am sharing all of the above information only based on what we did for my in-laws. 

Applied for AOS today (although started the process started last week). Estimated completion date 16 December (6 weeks). Lets see...

FYI for anyone following:

To do the online AOS application, had to link Centrelink account to myGov account - did not have CRN (Centrelink) number, so had to go in to a Centrelink to get one. Could then link online.

Filled in online application and uploaded documents. 

Last requirement was to prove ID in person, so went to Centrelink AGAIN with 3 types of ID.

Was instantly updated in the online application, so could submit immediately.

On 8/20/2019 at 6:20 PM, Tazzy said:

@JIG Sure their application was acknowledged on the 9th October 2015.  They had the request for PCC and Medicals in early Feb, which we submitted at the end of March.  We needed to submit further evidence, this information was requested at the towards the end of July.  We submitted this additional information at the end of July, and they asked for the payment on the 13th August.  The transfer was done on Friday 16th and the Visa grant came through today. :)

Hi Tazzy and hello all, 

we lodged my mother application here in Australia in August 2017. We were also applied her the visa 103 back in 2015 but we withdrawn that application and resubmitted the 143 in August 2017. 

We completed the phone interview the AoS with Centrelink yesterday 4/11 still waiting for the document to come through so we can go to the Comm bank etc.. Has anyone know the time line after this? When the second payment will be requested after the AoS fully completed? And how long do we have to wait for the visa to be granted after we paid for the second application fee? Please advise.. 

Edited by FussyBee

Hi Fussybee. Check your MYGOV account to see if it is linked to Centrelink as per Robyn2259 above. We had same problem some time ago.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JIG said:

Hi Fussybee. Check your MYGOV account to see if it is linked to Centrelink as per Robyn2259 above. We had same problem some time ago.

Hi JIG, 

Thanks for your message. I have checked MyGov this morning and there is nothing,  The AoS officer advised me that it will take a few days for the letters to be sent through.. 

By the way, do you know what the other time line after completed the AoS? How long do we have to wait for the second payment and the granted visa etc..?