Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

15 hours ago, TeeTMI said:

FussyBee's scenario related to the fact that they had previously had a 103 parent visa application within the system. 

That make sense , Thanks @TeeTMI

On 9/3/2019 at 12:16 AM, gsb733 said:

@Ike @JIG

hello there..did u receive any reply regarding AOS application. I beleive u both would have applied straightway after invitation from immigration. I applied on 2nd Aug  and haven’t heard anything yet.

Any update will be helpfull.

Yes we did submit all the information ASAP. 

Still haven't received police clearance,  was told there is a delay

AOS, were told that we can expect feedback mid September. 

Getting closer. Medical is a concern. Waiting and hoping. 

On 8/20/2019 at 11:23 AM, andrew98 said:

Hi All , 

Can someone please enlighten me , for what medical conditions they would not approve the 143 visa .  I only know for HIV and TB they do not provide any exemption . How about heart related and cancer issues , for these issues they approve the holiday visa 600 , is it still same with 143 visa . 

Hi Andrew98.

When you say they approve the 600 holiday visa for ppl with cancer, is that so? My dad was recently diagnosed with traces of cancer, and awaiting a checkup next month to determine whether they've managed to remove it all. My folks are wanting to come out after that for a year, and so eager to find out if the 600 visa is going to be possible.

Thank you very much

On 8/5/2019 at 8:59 AM, Rayz said:

Hello everyone, can anyone let me know the timeline between when AoS/medicals & Form 80 are sent to case officer & the request for 2nd Visa charge  from the department. Thank you

@Rayz have u received request for second installment ? 

This is very worrying. We have the temporary 173 visa which is valid for 2 years. If we apply for the permanent 143 visa and it takes 48+ months, we will find ourselves illegally in Australia without a valid visa. Help!

Does anyone know where the processing queue has reached for the 143 visa so far? I tried sending an email to get the auto response but no luck. The last I heard was some Nov'15 cases being assessed. 

Would appreciate it if anyone could share their findings or personal experience.

So the last email response I received from parents@homeaffairs.gov.au reported Sept 2015 :(

Just on the 600 visa - there's the tourist and family sponsored visa. My parents are wanting to come out soon - the family sponsored seems almost identical to tourist visa, just that the family sponsored stream seems to have a bond involved that needs to be paid by one of the kids. What are the downsides of applying for the one over the other? Are the health checks the same? What are the chances of being declined for either? My parents are over 70 - I heard if declined for 600 visa, it could affect their application for 143 visa?

Any help with this would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, acmac said:

So the last email response I received from parents@homeaffairs.gov.au reported Sept 2015 :(

Just on the 600 visa - there's the tourist and family sponsored visa. My parents are wanting to come out soon - the family sponsored seems almost identical to tourist visa, just that the family sponsored stream seems to have a bond involved that needs to be paid by one of the kids. What are the downsides of applying for the one over the other? Are the health checks the same? What are the chances of being declined for either? My parents are over 70 - I heard if declined for 600 visa, it could affect their application for 143 visa?

Any help with this would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi, you can apply for the 600 visa and select the option of having a 12 month at a stretch stay. For this visa your parents will need to do medicals. 

However, if they choose to do just a regular tourist visa it won't need any medicals. But more often than not, they can stay only 3 months at a stretch after which they need to go back. This is typically a 2 year visa.

I am sharing all of the above information only based on what we did for my in-laws. 

On 7/26/2019 at 9:10 AM, Rayz said:

Hello friends, My name is Ray & I live in Australia.

Four years ago I lodged my mother's contributory visa 143. The forum is so helpful, I kept reading all your comments/moments of frustration, happiness, anxiety & patience.

Recently there is a progress on my mum's application. I thought I'll share the timeline with you (please note she is yet to receive correspondence for 2nd visa charge)

Application lodged - 09/09/2015

Request for further documents (Form 80, medicals, AoS, PCC) - 02/07/2019

AoS finalised - 11/07/2019 (Process was quick, it all happened within a week with few trips to centrelink office to manually extract the letter)

Requested documents sent to immigration office -18/07/2019

We are waiting for immigration office to review the documents & request for final payment.

Whilst it appears all members in this forum based in South Africa, the comments/discussions were quite helpful.

My mum lives in India.

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

I'm currently a dependant child in my parents' application for visa 143 (my older sister is the sponsor). At the time of our application in March 2016, I was 19, studying fulltime, and financially dependant on my parents.

I just got a fulltime job offer that starts next year. I'm not sure if the dependamlnt criteria are assessed at the time of application or processing/grant, because if it is the latter I'm afraid that I will not be considered a dependant applicant and will not be granted the visa.

Wondering if anyone is in the same boat or any insight will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very very much @CFDS

All my siblings are over here in Oz, and no one left there back in South Africa for them to go back to, so we would like them to stay here with us for the full 12 months if possible.

They don't have TB, but they're getting on as they're 70 odd. How stringent are the medicals... And if they fail medicals, what impact can that have on their 143 application.

4 hours ago, acmac said:

Thank you very very much @CFDS

All my siblings are over here in Oz, and no one left there back in South Africa for them to go back to, so we would like them to stay here with us for the full 12 months if possible.

They don't have TB, but they're getting on as they're 70 odd. How stringent are the medicals... And if they fail medicals, what impact can that have on their 143 application.

@acmac,

The medical examinations are what is mentioned below. This is what they had in India.But I don't think it will be any different in SA.

The medical will include a physical examination. You will need to undress for this examination. Ladies when examined by a male doctor will be provided a lady chaperon.

A urine test : Ladies in their menstrual cycle should postpone the medicals till it is over. In case they come when it is on they may have to return for a repeat test after it is over.

A blood test will be done for all Permanent Migrations for HIV. Doctors and nurses will also require HIV, HbsAg and HCV test if advised by the high commission. Based on examination findings some candidates can be asked to do extra blood tests.

Basic vision tests.

X Ray chest for all above 11 years of age.

Children 2 yrs to 10 years (for permanent migrants only) will require a Tuberculin test. For this test the child will need to return back to the clinic after 48 hrs for the result. Children with a positive TT test, will also require an X Ray examination.

Height / Weight examination.

Breast examination for women above the age of 40 years.

My in-laws are 66 years old and they passed it. My MIL has Blood Pressure but it didn't cause any issues. You need to share with them any medications etc. that you are taking. 

I honestly don't know if there is an impact on the 143 if they fail these medicals. If they have no major ailments they should be okay and pass it. 

Also, if I were you I would rather have them do the medicals now and understand if they pass or fail. Rather than wait for when they have to actually do the 143 medicals sometime later and have the results. 

From what I understand the only extra test that is done for a 143 visa is the HIV test. 

Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

Hi. Update on progress, my son did his telephone interview today with Centrelink, letter on it way to take to the bank. so hopefully just another few weeks. Good luck to all

who are waiting.

48 minutes ago, JIG said:

Hi. Update on progress, my son did his telephone interview today with Centrelink, letter on it way to take to the bank. so hopefully just another few weeks. Good luck to all

who are waiting.

Hopefully we are just behind you.  We applied for AOS on the 5 Aug. 

May the wait be short. 

143 VISA submission

Sunshine Coast

Gold Coast

VISA acknowledgment

30 Oct 15

1 Nov 15

CO request for documents

29 Jul 19

31 Jul 19

Form 80, Passport & ID

30 Jul 19

19 Aug 19

Police clearence

9 Sep 19

2 Aug 19

Medical

6 Aug 19

7 Aug 19

AOS Documentation

5 Aug 19

2 Aug 19

AOS Interview

2 Oct 19

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2019 at 8:24 PM, Ike said:

143 VISA submission

Sunshine Coast

Gold Coast

VISA acknowledgment

30 Oct 15

1 Nov 15

CO request for documents

29 Jul 19

31 Jul 19

Form 80, Passport & ID

30 Jul 19

19 Aug 19

Police clearence

9 Sep 19

2 Aug 19

Medical

6 Aug 19

7 Aug 19

AOS Documentation

5 Aug 19

2 Aug 19

AOS Interview

2 Oct 19

@Ike does the form 80 and police clearance etc. have to be sent by email to the case officer? I hope it is not a paper based process from here on.

HI CFDS. We replied on the request email for further docs. form 80 etc, with all our docs.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CFDS said:

@Ike does the form 80 and police clearance etc. have to be sent by email to the case officer? I hope it is not a paper based process from here on.

@CFDS it was all done by email, multiple. They give you the reference numbers and you put that in the subject. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/20/2019 at 7:04 AM, JIG said:

Congratulations. I am sure everyone is over the moon. Could you please give a time line for other people waiting in the que to gauge there applicaions

We have submitted the AOS guarantee (25 September) and are now waiting to be told to make the final visa payment.  Could you please tell me whether we can expect to receive this in EMAIL form?  I am not sure whether we are supposed to have an Immi account or not.  So afraid of missing something, delaying the wait even more.

On 4/5/2017 at 7:54 AM, Elna57 said:

lish a new thread just for us Roomies to communicate and share our experiences without flooding Orphan's thread "NEW THREAD - 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa - Tips and Other information".

I have no idea whether I am doing this right but I guess we will soon find out. :unsure:

As soon as I have a couple of replies, I will post our updated waiting list and we can keep up to date right here.

Hope to hear from some roomies soon.

Hi Friends, 

I am in the process of applying for Contributory Parent Visa-143 for my mother. I am the sponsor for her and we are a family of 4(me, my wife and two kids) who are in Australia as permanent residents

I have doubts regarding Question No 13 and Question 57 in form 47PA. 

Q13 : Have you or any member of your family unit (migrating with you or not) previously been to Australia, held or currently hold a visa for travel to Australia?

Being her Sponsor, do I have to enter my details(and my wife and kids details) here as I am her only relative who is in Australia OR  does it refer to other members of her family unit?

Q57 : Give details of ALL your and/or your partner’s family unit members aged 18 years or over. Only include passport details for those family unit members migrating with you.

Being her son, do I have to enter my details(and my wife and kids details) here ?

Would really appreciate some guidance on this.

Kind Regards,

M

11 hours ago, Maggie123 said:

I have doubts regarding Question No 13 and Question 57 in form 47PA. 

Q13 : Have you or any member of your family unit (migrating with you or not) previously been to Australia, held or currently hold a visa for travel to Australia?

Q57 : Give details of ALL your and/or your partner’s family unit members aged 18 years or over. Only include passport details for those family unit members migrating with you.

As a generalisation, within the Department of Home Affairs policy, the current definition of 'Member of the Family Unit' would include spouse/de facto partner and children under 18 and in some cases dependent children over 18. 

Edited by TeeTMI
add

Hi everyone,

I'm currently a dependant child in my parents' application for visa 143 (my older sister is the sponsor). At the time of our application in March 2016, I was 19, studying fulltime, and financially dependant on my parents.

I just got a fulltime job offer that starts next year. I'm not sure if the dependamlnt criteria are assessed at the time of application or processing/grant, because if it is the latter I'm afraid that I will not be considered a dependant applicant and will not be granted the visa.

Wondering if anyone is in the same boat or any insight will be greatly appreciated!

On 10/11/2019 at 2:30 AM, Kathyn97 said:

Hi everyone,

I just got a fulltime job offer that starts next year. I'm not sure if the dependamlnt criteria are assessed at the time of application or processing/grant, because if it is the latter I'm afraid that I will not be considered a dependant applicant and will not be granted the visa.

Hopefully you will be contacted for additional information within the next six months. 

You will have to complete a form 80. In the form question 43. You list all your children. The only question that I can see, will they be migrating with you. Yes/No. 

All the people migrating should complete their own form 80. This is where my understanding of the process is limited. 

If you are migrating with your parents you will work for +/- 6 months. Additional study?  To cover any gap for employment in Aus. 

Life does not standstill. 

Hi,

My parent have applied on Feb 2016. The request for documents or initial contact from CO has not happened yet. Seems like application up to Dec 2015 was done 2 months ago but it has stopped! 

Has anyone noticed any movement or knows more why is this? Has anyone fro 2016 been contacted?

22 hours ago, Ike said:

Hopefully you will be contacted for additional information within the next six months. 

You will have to complete a form 80. In the form question 43. You list all your children. The only question that I can see, will they be migrating with you. Yes/No. 

All the people migrating should complete their own form 80. This is where my understanding of the process is limited. 

If you are migrating with your parents you will work for +/- 6 months. Additional study?  To cover any gap for employment in Aus. 

Life does not standstill. 

Something else I thought of.   When the 47PA was completed, question 54 children under 18 migrating with and question 55 dependent children over 18.  So you would have been in one of these. 

Now the catch all. 

Who the form covers The application form covers a family unit, the members of which are the main applicant and, if applicable, partner and dependants who will be usually migrating with the main applicant.

Dependent children A dependent child may be your or your partner’s child or   step-child. ‘Step-child’ means a child of your current partner or a child of your former partner when the child is under 18 years and you have a legal responsibility to care for that child (for example, when your former partner is deceased and you have legal custody of your former partner’s child). You will need to provide a certified copy of the overseas or Australian court order which you have in relation to the child. A child of any age is not considered dependent if he or she is married or in a de facto relationship or is engaged to be married. A child 18 years of age or over will not be considered dependent unless you can show that they are wholly or substantially reliant on you for financial support for their basic needs of food, shelter and clothing. You must also show that you have provided that support for a substantial period and that the child is more reliant on you than on any other person or source. Unless you can provide evidence of this, they should apply separately. Children of any age who have a total or partial loss of bodily or mental functions which stops them earning a living are regarded as dependent and part of the family unit (whether or not they migrate with you). Give details of such children whether they are in your care or in an institution. In all cases, you should attach evidence of your child’s dependency on you.

Note: If you have dependants who are 18 years of age or over, please obtain form 47A  Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over. A form 47A must be completed for each dependant 18 years of age or over, whether or not that person is migrating.

Section 104 of the  Migration Act 1958  (the Act) requires you to inform the Department of Home Affairs (the Department) of any changes in your circumstances that affect any answer to a question in your application form.

Notification of changes in circumstances form 1022 must be completed.