Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

1 hour ago, Rayz said:

@VGill, All required documents uploaded through mygov site. I'm based in Sydney.

Thanks Rayz .. Gud luck 

Hello everyone, can anyone let me know the timeline between when AoS/medicals & Form 80 are sent to case officer & the request for 2nd Visa charge  from the department. Thank you

Edited by Rayz

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 12:35 PM, TeeTMI said:

Or if your parents meet the 'Aged' criteria then there may also the potential to apply for a parent visa within Australia and wait in Australia during processing.

Yes, as above for older parents then the onshore option may also be an option.

Another issue is that unfortunately this year the quota of visa places available to parents has been reduced.  The waiting times can vary considerably over time depending upon the number of applications received vs. the quota of places available and department policy. 

Hi @TeeTMI    ,   My parents ( both age of 65 )  are in Melbourne  with Holiday visa 600 and they do not have 8503 and 8531 conditions in their visa .  Even though they apply from Australia , in the form 47PA ,  143  visa comes under offshore  . Is there anyway to make it as a onshore application for quick process .  Is visa 864 an option  ?

The 864 'onshore' option requires one of your parents to meet the definition of 'aged'.  'Aged' is linked to the age that an individual can receive an aged pension in Australia  (aged parent means a parent who is old enough to be granted an age pension under the Social Security Act 1991.) and this is in the process of increasing over the last couple of years. As of the 1st July 2019 the pension age increased to 66 years of age.

58 minutes ago, TeeTMI said:

The 864 'onshore' option requires one of your parents to meet the definition of 'aged'.  'Aged' is linked to the age that an individual can receive an aged pension in Australia  (aged parent means a parent who is old enough to be granted an age pension under the Social Security Act 1991.) and this is in the process of increasing over the last couple of years. As of the 1st July 2019 the pension age increased to 66 years of age.

My father is over 67 now, but back in 2016 when he applied for 143 he was 64. Is there a way to convert the existing application without losing the place in the queue? They also have a long term visitor visa.

21 hours ago, TeeTMI said:

Thanks @TeeTMI  :)

Hi All , 

Can someone please enlighten me , for what medical conditions they would not approve the 143 visa .  I only know for HIV and TB they do not provide any exemption . How about heart related and cancer issues , for these issues they approve the holiday visa 600 , is it still same with 143 visa . 

Hooray - my parents Visa has just been granted, it was such a long wait, but it is finally over :) What a huge relief.   

• Like 2

Congratulations. I am sure everyone is over the moon. Could you please give a time line for other people waiting in the que to gauge there applicaions

3 hours ago, JIG said:

Congratulations. I am sure everyone is over the moon. Could you please give a time line for other people waiting in the que to gauge there applicaions

@JIG Sure their application was acknowledged on the 9th October 2015.  They had the request for PCC and Medicals in early Feb, which we submitted at the end of March.  We needed to submit further evidence, this information was requested at the towards the end of July.  We submitted this additional information at the end of July, and they asked for the payment on the 13th August.  The transfer was done on Friday 16th and the Visa grant came through today. :)

• Like 1

Thanks Tazzy. Once all paper work completed it was very quick. We are so envious but hopefully will come through soon.

1 hour ago, JIG said:

Thanks Tazzy. Once all paper work completed it was very quick. We are so envious but hopefully will come through soon.

Good luck @JIG

10 hours ago, Tazzy said:

Hooray - my parents Visa has just been granted, it was such a long wait, but it is finally over :) What a huge relief.   

Big congrats!! That is great news after waiting so patiently .

19 hours ago, andrew98 said:

Hi All , 

Can someone please enlighten me , for what medical conditions they would not approve the 143 visa .  I only know for HIV and TB they do not provide any exemption . How about heart related and cancer issues , for these issues they approve the holiday visa 600 , is it still same with 143 visa . 

The only condition that an individual will not be permitted to enter Australia with is TB (this does not include HIV which is considered in the same manner as all other health conditions).

The other 2 main health criteria relate to 1) whether the condition has a significant cost to Australia and 2) whether the condition would prejudice access to health/community care for Australians (if vis were to be granted).  \

NB please note the comments here are a very basic generalisation of this subject.

The subclass 600 visa is a temporary visa, the 143 a permanent residence visa - the impact/application of the Health Criteria is very different. 

For example if a person has a health condition with a temporary 600 visa this is costed in respect of the time period of the visa and other evidence can be considered. 

Whereas the 143 is a permanent residence visa.  The health criteria costing element changed recently and was increased to $49,000 (the time period over which this is relevant varies (3,5,10 years) dependent on factors such as age and whether the condition is permanent or not). 

Very basically - the department would consider what the potential costs, and what community services they may be eligible to, would be for an Australian with a similar condition if these were significant or resulted in prejudice to access then the person would not meet the health criteria.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TeeTMI said:

The only condition that an individual will not be permitted to enter Australia with is TB (this does not include HIV which is considered in the same manner as all other health conditions).

The other 2 main health criteria relate to 1) whether the condition has a significant cost to Australia and 2) whether the condition would prejudice access to health/community care for Australians (if vis were to be granted).  \

NB please note the comments here are a very basic generalisation of this subject.

The subclass 600 visa is a temporary visa, the 143 a permanent residence visa - the impact/application of the Health Criteria is very different. 

For example if a person has a health condition with a temporary 600 visa this is costed in respect of the time period of the visa and other evidence can be considered. 

Whereas the 143 is a permanent residence visa.  The health criteria costing element changed recently and was increased to $49,000 (the time period over which this is relevant varies (3,5,10 years) dependent on factors such as age and whether the condition is permanent or not). 

Very basically - the department would consider what the potential costs, and what community services they may be eligible to, would be for an Australian with a similar condition if these were significant or resulted in prejudice to access then the person would not meet the health criteria.

Thanks for Detailed explanation Tee and for the help as always :)

Hi everyone, 

I am new to this group. I lodged 143 visa for my mum on 7/8/17. I got the email asking for the 80 form, PCC, medical test and AoS on 9/8/19. I submitted the document for the AoS through Mygov on 12/8 and still have not received the phone interview yet. What should I do next? Waiting for someone to ring me or walking to Centrelink to follow up? It said on the email that I have got 1on the to provide the requested document, now I am only waiting for the AoS letter. :(

Not sure what to do.. Don't know how long do we have to wait..

P.S. my mum is here in Australia with visa 600 until February next year but she has got the 8503 condition. Don't know how long we will have to wait for the AoS letter, second payment etc..

Can anyone share their experiences please? I am very stress right now 😢

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 9:20 PM, FussyBee said:

Hi everyone, 

I am new to this group. I lodged 143 visa for my mum on 7/8/17. I got the email asking for the 80 form, PCC, medical test and AoS on 9/8/19. I submitted the document for the AoS through Mygov on 12/8 and still have not received the phone interview yet. What should I do next? Waiting for someone to ring me or walking to Centrelink to follow up? It said on the email that I have got 1on the to provide the requested document, now I am only waiting for the AoS letter. :(

Not sure what to do.. Don't know how long do we have to wait..

P.S. my mum is here in Australia with visa 600 until February next year but she has got the 8503 condition. Don't know how long we will have to wait for the AoS letter, second payment etc..

Can anyone share their experiences please? I am very stress right now 😢

Wow that's very fast . The timeline email from parents_visa they are still reviewing the 2015 lodgements. Did you submit the application from Australia 

Hi Andrew98, yes we lodged her application here in Australia. We were also applied her the visa 103 back in 2015 but we withdrawn that application and resubmitted the 143 in August 2017. 

I went to follow up the AoS with Centrelink this morning but they could not much help but only said that we will have to wait for the phone interview as it has only been 2 weeks since the submission. 

On 8/26/2019 at 1:15 PM, FussyBee said:

Hi Andrew98, yes we lodged her application here in Australia. We were also applied her the visa 103 back in 2015 but we withdrawn that application and resubmitted the 143 in August 2017. 

I went to follow up the AoS with Centrelink this morning but they could not much help but only said that we will have to wait for the phone interview as it has only been 2 weeks since the submission. 

Hi Fussy , I have seen people mention AOS takes from 2 -4 weeks . 

Just curious , how do DIBP knows that application lodged in Australia other than  the AusPost stamp . Because in the form 47PA there are no options specified  to identify whether we apply from Australia or outside .  

@Ike @JIG

hello there..did u receive any reply regarding AOS application. I beleive u both would have applied straightway after invitation from immigration. I applied on 2nd Aug  and haven’t heard anything yet.

Any update will be helpfull.

On 8/27/2019 at 2:12 PM, andrew98 said:

Just curious , how do DIBP knows that application lodged in Australia other than  the AusPost stamp

Australia keep records of people entering/exiting Australia when you pass through Border Control. 

For example I have been in contact with people urgently wanting to submit a visa but need to be 'in Australia' and I can see within their records that on their plane landing - they are still technically speaking not yet cleared into Australia and their records state they are still 'outside'.  Then immediately they advise me they have cleared Border Control I can see that their record is updated to show they are in Australia.  

30 minutes ago, TeeTMI said:

Australia keep records of people entering/exiting Australia when you pass through Border Control. 

For example I have been in contact with people urgently wanting to submit a visa but need to be 'in Australia' and I can see within their records that on their plane landing - they are still technically speaking not yet cleared into Australia and their records state they are still 'outside'.  Then immediately they advise me they have cleared Border Control I can see that their record is updated to show they are in Australia.  

Thanks @TeeTMI for useful info :) .  Also looking at FussyBee scenario , do you think applying the visa 143 from Australia will cut down the waiting time (2 years)  significantly compare to applying from abroad   

Hi GSB733. No we have not heard from AOS. My son applied on line but had to go to a Centerlink office to verify who he was. In the original online application he got a reply to say he would not hear before the 23 September. We are holding thumbs all goes well. All our docs and medicals done from our side.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, andrew98 said:

Thanks @TeeTMI for useful info :) .  Also looking at FussyBee scenario , do you think applying the visa 143 from Australia will cut down the waiting time (2 years)  significantly compare to applying from abroad   

FussyBee's scenario related to the fact that they had previously had a 103 parent visa application within the system. 

• Thanks 1