Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Once your Assurance of Support has been accepted, how long after that you get your visa?

Happy mothers day ladies!

@Onthemove Please let me know whether you got my email.

Thanks.

Hi all, I've just started putting an application together for my parents. I have a few questions... 

Does everyone in the family have to fill form 47a?

In the current /previous visa section, the format of visa number is different from actual visa number given. Did anyone come across it? 

Thanks 

Hansi

On 5/1/2019 at 2:37 AM, Ike said:

I would say it must be a “wet” signature. All documents must be certified therefore an electronic signature would have to be certified, mixed platforms / technologies. An electronic signature would be a cut and paste, modified document. 

Physical documents must be signed or certified.  That’s my understanding. 

I have an electronic signature that is linked to my ID with a secure password. The signature is encrypted onto an external device.  Something I have, the device and something I know, the password.  This is a legal electronic signature issued by a registered legal entity. The missing link, very few accept or understand the technology. 

Hi Ike, thanks for replying to my questions. 

I decided to call the PV centre in Perth and they confirmed that the forms can be filled in electronically and that includes the signing of the forms. I think that this response will make a lot of people's lives a whole lot easier! I am submitting my mom's visa application tomorrow - finally!

Edited by Odendaal
  • Like 1

@Odendaal Thank you so very much for all this valuable information. So many people after you are going to benefit from this.

• Thanks 1

@janey1509. Yes, Maz is correct. There is a certain procedure and when you are told that your assurer can start the application procedure, they will supply you with all the details and a certain number to enable the assurer to proceed with the application.

IT HAS MOVED

Latest from “parents”  updated 22/5/2019. 

143 Aug 2015

173 Aug 2015

one month closer to the finish line. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sjoe. Finally at least some movement! But still 3.5 years to go... my poor folks just wanna get here. 

Hi guys, how long does it generally take for the PVC to acknowledge your application?

I posted the application (to PVC Locked Bag 7 NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865) from Melb last week and the tracking tells me that it's ready for collection since Friday 17 May 2019. 

33 minutes ago, Odendaal said:

Hi guys, how long does it generally take for the PVC to acknowledge your application?

I posted the application (to PVC Locked Bag 7 NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865) from Melb last week and the tracking tells me that it's ready for collection since Friday 17 May 2019. 

The Parents section are currently advising: "We receive a very large number of applications each week. Please allow up to eight weeks from when you posted your application for it to be receipted and registered.  We will send an acknowledgement email confirming we received your application after it has been registered and the 1st visa application charge has been processed. "

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 5:37 PM, bernadette24 said:

Once your Assurance of Support has been accepted, how long after that you get your visa?

AoS is one of the documents that is required when the application is assessed. The visa grant timing is not related to AoS acceptance date.  If AoS is not accepted by the time the PVC assesses the application it can hold things up. But if AoS is ready months before they pick your file, you won't get processed any sooner. Hope that clarifies.

On 5/16/2019 at 11:51 PM, janey1509 said:

Is it possible to start the AOS process before receiving CO?

Practically you lodge AoS only after receiving invitation to prepare documents from Immi. Now that it takes 6 months to process you would do it immediately after contact from PVC. But remember that once you've gone through AoS and been accepted, you have a certain number of days you need to deposit the $10,000 into the Commonwealth Bank. So if you're too early you only end up blocking funds for a longer period than the 10 years of the bond period required.

On 5/21/2019 at 10:58 AM, Maz said:

@janey1509 have you been requested to do your medical and police clearance? 

Not yet.  We are waiting anxiously, having submitted our application in Sept 2015.  The wait is killing me.  

On 5/21/2019 at 4:58 PM, Elna57 said:

@janey1509. Yes, Maz is correct. There is a certain procedure and when you are told that your assurer can start the application procedure, they will supply you with all the details and a certain number to enable the assurer to proceed with the application.

Thanks very much for your reply.  Having submitted our application in Sept 2015, we are waiting anxiously to hear something. 

On 5/21/2019 at 4:58 PM, Elna57 said:

@Elna57 Is it possible for you to tell us how much time we have to enter Australia (activate our visa) once all the money has been paid and the visa approved. 

@janey1509

If I might answer your question:

As I mentioned a little while ago in this thread, you have two dates mentioned on your Visa Grant Letter apart from the Visa Grant Date.

1. Last date to arrive - this is the date that you should be settled permanently!

2. Initial arrival date - this is the date that you should arrive in Australia to activate your Permanent Residency! After this date you can go back to South Africa to finish business if need be.

Note: The Initial arrival date (point 2.) is the early date of the two and is connected to the date that your Police Clearance Certificate expires (which is one year after issue if done in South Africa).

The Last date to arrive (point 1.) is normally 5 years after the Visa Grant Date (when you should settle permanently).

At least this was what was written on our Visa Grant Letter 2 years ago. Hope it helps

Edited by Dirkz

13 hours ago, Dirkz said:

@janey1509

If I might answer your question:

As I mentioned a little while ago in this thread, you have two dates mentioned on your Visa Grant Letter apart from the Visa Grant Date.

1. Last date to arrive - this is the date that you should be settled permanently!

2. Initial arrival date - this is the date that you should arrive in Australia to activate your Permanent Residency! After this date you can go back to South Africa to finish business if need be.

Note: The Initial arrival date (point 2.) is the early date of the two and is connected to the date that your Police Clearance Certificate expires (which is one year after issue if done in South Africa).

The Last date to arrive (point 1.) is normally 5 years after the Visa Grant Date (when you should settle permanently).

At least this was what was written on our Visa Grant Letter 2 years ago. Hope it helps

Thanks very much @Dirkz. That explains it very well.  I appreciate it. 

On 5/24/2019 at 2:49 AM, Donovan83 said:

Sjoe. Finally at least some movement! But still 3.5 years to go... my poor folks just wanna get here. 

I feel their pain I am approaching my 43rd month!

On 5/24/2019 at 4:07 PM, Odendaal said:

I have posted on 9th May, it was in 'waiting for collection', but changed into 'delivered' next day.

I got acknowledgement email on 30th of May.

I would contact Australia Post customer service to check why it is not delivered yet.

Edited by spark80
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 4:07 PM, Odendaal said:

Did you read TeeTMI's answer above regarding your question?

In our case it took 20 days to receive a Lodgment Confirmation Letter and more than 4 months to receive our Application Acknowledgement Letter. Our 1st VAC was deducted about 3 weeks after application. Now everything is much slower as you know.

According to TeeTMI :

The Parents section are currently advising: "We receive a very large number of applications each week. Please allow up to eight weeks from when you posted your application for it to be receipted and registered.  We will send an acknowledgement email confirming we received your application after it has been registered and the 1st visa application charge has been processed. "

•  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dirkz said:

Did you read TeeTMI's answer above regarding your question?

In our case it took 20 days to receive a Lodgment Confirmation Letter and more than 4 months to receive our Application Acknowledgement Letter. Our 1st VAC was deducted about 3 weeks after application. Now everything is much slower as you know.

According to TeeTMI :

The Parents section are currently advising: "We receive a very large number of applications each week. Please allow up to eight weeks from when you posted your application for it to be receipted and registered.  We will send an acknowledgement email confirming we received your application after it has been registered and the 1st visa application charge has been processed. "

•  

You have to pay first and then you post all paperwork including printed receipt. Money are taken straight away.

Odendaal was referencing status of letter at Post office from my understanding. I shared that my letter was delivered pretty quickly.