Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

@CFDS

Have a look at this link concerning AOS

My son, who was our assurer, went to a centrelink branch where he handed in the required forms and started the AOS process. 

12 hours ago, Dirkz said:

@CFDS

Have a look at this link concerning AOS

My son, who was our assurer, went to a centrelink branch where he handed in the required forms and started the AOS process. 

@Dirkz, Thanks. I went through this link just yesterday. Was looking if anyone could share their personal experiences regarding the process. I guess I will just go through the thread and search for previous comments. 

Hi folks. Just a little something to keep your spirits up.

Someone I know, who applied in end May 2015 just had their visa approved. There were a couple of AOS hiccups relating to incorrect documents but all good now. 

Hope that helps a bit to keep you all upbeat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wishing you all a blessed Easter.

On 4/19/2019 at 1:33 PM, Elna57 said:

Hi folks. Just a little something to keep your spirits up.

Someone I know, who applied in end May 2015 just had their visa approved. There were a couple of AOS hiccups relating to incorrect documents but all good now. 

Hope that helps a bit to keep you all upbeat.

how long does it take before my son gets a phone call from centrelink concerning Aos? He submitted all documents on 27th February 2019.

18 hours ago, bernadette24 said:

how long does it take before my son gets a phone call from centrelink concerning Aos? He submitted all documents on 27th February 2019.

In our case they told my son they would contact him after a certain time (can't remember but it was two weeks or thereabouts). Then when nothing happened a week or two after they had promised to call, he went in to the same Centrelink where he submitted the documents and made an enquiry about it (pestering them). Fortunately the lady who helped him was in a good mood and friendly and checked everything, giving him some advice and trying to speed up the process/call.

It then still took a week or so before they called him to finalize the application for AOS. Only then does it get submitted to Centrelink AOS centre in Canberra where they process the AOS application.

Edited by Dirkz

11 hours ago, Wei said:

applied in Sep 2015, have not received anything from the team for further information. :cry:

The Dept of Home Affairs currently state that they have reached SC 143 applications lodged July 2015 (although no specific date within that month has been provided).

On 4/21/2019 at 10:30 PM, bernadette24 said:

The AoS processing times have extending significantly in recent months and can vary between individuals.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 10:30 PM, bernadette24 said:

Hi Bernadette

I applied for AoS on 8 June 2018 and provided a 6 week wait time. But finally it turned out more like 26 weeks plus. In fact I had to request Centrelink to escalate my AoS phone interview because the case officer requested final documents including AoS. If all your documents are in order the phone interview and acceptance is very straightforward. 

Best wishes

SDS

Hi Guys , 

Need a help .   When I was applying 143 visa for my parents .  I have submitted two 47PA forms  , one for dad and other one for mum .

I am the only child  ,  I am bit confused now . Whether I need fill 47PA form my dad  and 47A for my mum .  Instead having a separate 47PA form for my mum .

Can someone please enlighten me .  

@andrew98

If you have not studied all the steps involved in applying for the 143 visa, have a good  look at the following link. Everything you need to know is there:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/contributory-parent-143#HowTo

As far as Form 47PA is concerned, one parent will be the main applicant and his/her partner is then included in the questions on the same application form (47PA).

So no need to fill in a separate form 47PA for your mother. That will result in two 143 visa applications.

Hi All, 

Just want to check with those that have completed their forms, does the dept. accept  application forms (47PA, 47A and form 40) that have been signed electronically? I want to get my mother, and siblings to just sign these forms electronically, send them back to me, then I print and submit to the Dept. in Perth. 

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, Odendaal said:

Hi All, 

Just want to check with those that have completed their forms, does the dept. accept  application forms (47PA, 47A and form 40) that have been signed electronically? I want to get my mother, and siblings to just sign these forms electronically, send them back to me, then I print and submit to the Dept. in Perth. 

Thanks in advance

I would say it must be a “wet” signature. All documents must be certified therefore an electronic signature would have to be certified, mixed platforms / technologies. An electronic signature would be a cut and paste, modified document. 

Physical documents must be signed or certified.  That’s my understanding. 

I have an electronic signature that is linked to my ID with a secure password. The signature is encrypted onto an external device.  Something I have, the device and something I know, the password.  This is a legal electronic signature issued by a registered legal entity. The missing link, very few accept or understand the technology. 

Edited by Ike
Additional information

On 4/29/2019 at 9:46 PM, Dirkz said:

@andrew98

If you have not studied all the steps involved in applying for the 143 visa, have a good  look at the following link. Everything you need to know is there:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/contributory-parent-143#HowTo

As far as Form 47PA is concerned, one parent will be the main applicant and his/her partner is then included in the questions on the same application form (47PA).

So no need to fill in a separate form 47PA for your mother. That will result in two 143 visa applications.

Thanks Dirkz , i have gone through this but however couldn't able to get the exact answer .   Lets say if I fill in 47Pa for one parent as a main applicant  and other parent as a partner in the questions . do I need to fill 47A form for other parent

Hello Andrew,

You only need to complete one Form47PA and include one parent as the Primary Applicant and the other parent as a Secondary applicant.

Regards

Getting a little edgy with no news of anybody getting their visas or being ask for medicals etc. KevinLee and Tazzy any updates?

The waiting is killing us.

@andrew98

Sorry Andrew for not answering sooner, but I agree with @SD_MOA

As far as I know Form 47A is only applicable when the applicant has Dependent family member (like a child over 18 that is at uni and still dependent on the parents) who will be included in the application - that is to say not the applicant's spouse or partner. Spouse or parter is included in Form 47PA

On 5/2/2019 at 11:54 AM, SD_MOA said:

Hello Andrew,

You only need to complete one Form47PA and include one parent as the Primary Applicant and the other parent as a Secondary applicant.

Regards

Thanks @SD_MOA and @Dirkz for your prompt reply  . Since I am the only child I do need the 47A . 

When I am applying 143 visa for my parents a year back . I have submitted two 47PA forms based on the advice from immi hotline to submit one for my mum and dad , but may be there weren't sure . However , when I was paying the application fee I paid one parent as the main applicant and other as the subsequent .  Is there anyway that I can tell the immi department to ignore one 47PA form or shall I just leave it as it is since it is understandable . I am just worried whether they will cancel my whole application . 

@andrew98

Are you a  "child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over"?

It seems that you are living in Sydney according to your signature? Are you not a permanent resident? Or are you just on a temporary study visa and still dependent on your parents? If the latter is the case, you need to do Form 47A. If you are a permanent resident, then you are the sponsor and are not migrating as part of the family group that is applying to migrate (your parents).

As far as your question goes, I would just leave it as is. They are not stupid and will just discard/ignore the second Form 47PA if not needed. They are actually too busy to attend to personal letters from applicants. They will let you know if/when they need anything from you or they are unsure about anything you did. Just my opinion and experience :)

:: Asking for advice for applying for the 600 visa for my parents currently awaiting their 143 visa to come through ::

My parents applied for their 143 visa back in Sep 2016, and back then, it looked like a 2-2.5 year wait, but it's looking more like at least a 4 year wait at the moment. Due to timelines being extended as they've been, they really would like to come over sooner, and just wondered about the 600 visa, and whether it's a viable option - just a few questions I had:

1. There's mention that if their request for a 600 visa is rejected, it can jeopardize visa applications - is this the case if they've already applied for their 143 visa back in September 2016 or does it just apply to new applications after applying for 600 visa?

2. Regarding the 600 visa, it's required that they take out a private medical insurance?

3. Which is the better 600 visa to come across on:

3.a. Tourist - they require a certain amount in the bank

3.b. Family sponsored - could require a bond to be paid by sponsoring family member

4. If we apply now for a 600 visa, can we choose for a 12 month visa? If so, when does the 12 months start - when they enter Australia, or when they receive the visa?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

My mom applied for a 143 visa a year ago. She is currently here on a 600 tourist visa for a year. Her first 600 visa she applied for she only received the 3 month visitors visa - I think it was valid for 2 years or 3 years? she came and visited 3 times. I can't remember exactly. After that expired she applied again and received a 3 year tourist visa - but you can only visit 12 months every 18 months. So she is here for a year, and has to leave for 6 months, then she can come back again for a year etc until it runs out. As far as I know you wont get the 1 year visa on your first try, you will get a 3 month visa and after that something longer maybe.

The total validation of the visa counts down when you receive the visa. The visiting time allowed counts down from entry to Australia. So for example my mom has a 3 year visa which started counting down when she received it, but her 12 month visiting allowance time started counting when she entered Australia. 

She needed to show finances in bank, we wrote a letter explaining why she wants to come for a year, and how we would support her, she needed to do a medical check and she needed to take out private medical insurance.

• Like 1

Thank you Mel-B, I really appreciate the information you've provided.

• Like 1

Delays in Acknowledging New Parent Visa Applications - allow up to eight weeks

Currently they have acknowledged visa applications up to the 27th Feb 2019.

The automated response has been updated to include the following
"DELAY IN REGISTERING NEW APPLICATIONS
We receive a very large number of applications each week. Please allow up to eight weeks from when you posted your application for it to be receipted and registered.  We will send an acknowledgement email confirming we received your application after it has been registered and the 1st visa application charge has been processed.

·        If you are concerned whether the Department has received your application, you can check the tracking number if you used registered mail or a courier.

·        If you are in Australia and your current visa is going to expire soon and you are concerned about your lawful status in Australia, please contact Status Resolution (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/contact-us/telephone), who may grant a Bridging visa on the basis of an intended application. This will not prevent the grant of an associated Bridging visa A if you were the holder of a substantive visa at the time the Department is taken to have received your application.

If you lodged your application before the “Acknowledge New Application” date as shown in the assessment date table, check your junk mail folder for a copy of your acknowledgement letter. Please ensure you make our email address parents@homeaffairs.gov.au a trusted address. If you still cannot find your acknowledgement letter please contact us with the FULL NAME, DATE OF BIRTH AND PASSPORT DETAILS of the main applicant."

@TeeTMI gosh 8 weeks!!! I am so grateful to be closer to the finish line than at the start.