Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

26 minutes ago, SDS said:

143 granted today 😁🎉

Total wait 45 months to the day...Thank you for your kind wishes those waiting take heart 2019 grants are still on.

143 Lodgement date: 25/06/2015                       

Acknowledgement Letter: 7/07/2015

Invitation for further documents: 3/04/2018               

AoS application: 8/06/2018

AoS interview: 3/12/2018              

AoS Acceptance Letter: 10/12/2018 (but manually extracted at Centrelink same day)

AoS payment: 3/12/2018

CO's Formal Request for docs:  28/11/2018

2nd VAC Payment: 22/03/2019

VISA GRANTED: 25/03/2019

INITIAL ENTRY DATE DEADLINE: 12/06/19

Edited by SDS
  • Thanks 2

Enjoy the feeling! Congrats!

Now for a new life ahead 😊

Note: was your initial entry date connected to your PCC expiry date? The PCC is valid for a year. 

1 hour ago, Dirkz said:

Enjoy the feeling! Congrats!

Now for a new life ahead 😊

Note: was your initial entry date connected to your PCC expiry date? The PCC is valid for a year. 

Thank you Dirkz. Yes initial entry date coincides with medicals and PCC both done around same time for mum which I understand have a 1 year validity.  If we had initiated medicals when we first received invitation to commence prep in early April 2018 it would have been a tight squeeze as it would leave no time for winding down.  

@SDS

Yes I found out about the compulsory entry date only after we had arrived in Aus. Our PCC's only expired long after we had arrived because we had to get PCC's for a second time due to our longer than expected wait for the visa. We got our 2nd PCC's only just before we got our visa, so we had a long time if we wanted to "wind down". 😉

But we flew out 3 days after  our visa was granted!!

Everyone in the waiting room, just be patient. It's all worthwhile to be able to come and live in this first world country. We're going camping again this weekend 😊

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 11:22 AM, Donovan83 said:

thanks for this :) mind if I ask where it comes from?

It comes from the Parent Visa Centre   send a blank email to     parents@homeaffairs.gov.au

• Like 1

For those who have not yet applied for the visa:

Budget April 2019 - Migration News
The current government (NB: be aware there is an election between now and July) has announced in the Budget that:

They will increase the base visa application charge (VAC) for all visa subclasses, with the exception of the Visitor (subclass 600) visa, by 5.4 per cent from 1 July 2019.

There will be no increase to second instalment VACs.

• Like 1

@TeeTMI what do you suppose the timeline implications will be for the 143 visa with the new caps on family visas? I know you can't know for sure, but I'm guessing from your experience watching the timelines you would have a rough idea?

12 minutes ago, Mel-B said:

@TeeTMI what do you suppose the timeline implications will be for the 143 visa with the new caps on family visas? I know you can't know for sure, but I'm guessing from your experience watching the timelines you would have a rough idea?

As with all of these it is a bit like asking how long is a piece of elastic.

It boils down to how many people are currently in the pool of people waiting for the 143 visa (unknown - and some drop out along the way for various reasons) the ceiling caps (which can change yearly) and how many applications are actually granted (do they actually grant all the available visas up to the ceiling). 

We have also seen the inclusions of another visa stream within the parent visas, to enable investor/retiree visa holders to obtain PR.   Add to that potential policy changes...

We for example know that in the 2017-18 year there was a ceiling of 8765 parent visa places, however the Dept of Home Affairs did not grant that many visas in that year, nor in 2016-17 (we won't have the figures for 2018-19 until further down the line).  

Given that less visas than places have been provided for a couple of years, if in the next year they grant the number up to the ceiling then it may be a similar amount to previous years. 

LOL - I could continue!  The reality is that there are many factors involved many of which have not yet been determined.  It really is best to recognise that processing times can vary considerably over time and try to accept that there is going to be frustration along the way.  I can't see them reducing in time unless something significant occurs into the future? 

There are now the temporary sponsored parent options, as well as if eligible the potential to apply for a parent visa within Australia and wait within Australia for this to be processed (but that again comes with its own risks).    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@TeeTMI thank you for your answer :) ! I appreciate that you are always sharing your knowledge with us.

Greetings all, what do they mean when they say “However, based on current planning levels, we estimate new Contributory Parent visa applications lodged that meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately at least 46 months to be released for final processing.”

“released for final processing” is this when you get - The Letter. 

4 hours ago, Ike said:

Greetings all, what do they mean when they say “However, based on current planning levels, we estimate new Contributory Parent visa applications lodged that meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately at least 46 months to be released for final processing.”

“released for final processing” is this when you get - The Letter. 

I think it refers to when they issue the Invitation to commence preparation email. In my case 143 lodged in Jun 2015 this invite was received in April 2018. Mum had luckily delayed the medicals until Jun 2018. As a result when her visa was granted last month it carries a validation by date of Jun 2019 i.e. 12 months from medicals  

When we started the process, we didn't forsee processing times taking more than twice as long as they were back then. At the rate they are going, it would seem that my parents would be lucky if they got their visa by end of next year.

My parents need to be off their property they're renting by end of October this year, so we were thinking that perhaps they could come over for a year on the 600 visitors visa. If, by some miracle, their 143 visa was processed before the year is up, we thought perhaps it would be a good idea to have their police clearance before they left SA (to save a trip back), and they could just have their medicals done this side at that time. If, however, the visa was'nt processed within the year they're here, they would need to go back to South Africa and wait it out for the remainder for the time till it's processed. Does this all sound ok to do?

Edited by acmac

Once you get the visa 143 and have settled down in Australlia, are you allowed to travel abroad for a year?

@bernadette24

With this visa you can

• stay in Australia indefinitely as a permanent resident and sponsor eligible relatives to come to Australia
  • travel to and from Australia for 5 years before you need a Resident Return visa
  • work and study in Australia
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, bernadette24 said:

Once you get the visa 143 and have settled down in Australlia, are you allowed to travel abroad for a year?

The 143 parent visa is a permanent residence visa.  As long as you have 'validated' your visa you can travel in an out of Australia for the duration of the visa. 

• Like 1

Hi All,

Does the form 40 need to be updates with new details e.g. we were PR's first and we now are citizens with Aussie passports? 

Our case is far from being assessed at the moment. However, I wanted to know

1) if we are meant to submit an updated document?

2) at what stage is does this need to be done?

3) I have applied by post, how does this document need to be sent? Is there an email address?

• Like 1

@CFDS. We completed and signed the forms whenever changes occurred and emailed them to Immi quoting the reference numbers and visa types as per the acknowledgent of first visa charge. We then received an email to say that they have taken notice and put it in our file. 

We used the same email address that was given to us in the acknowledgement of receipt of first vac payment email.

I suppose you are the assurer being a citizen? If so, yes, we completed form 929?? I think when my son got his citizenship. If any circumstance changes, you need to fill in that form, for yourself and if the assurer's circumstances/address etc changes, you need to let them know as well. 

Hope this helps.

Form 1022 Notification of changes in ... - Immigration and citizenship

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/change-in-situation/contact-details

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes if any circumstance/s change that you filled in on your application form 47PA, you just fill in form 1022 (Notification of changes in circumstances) and send it by email to the same address you sent your application to (eg WA Parents - parents@border.gov.au).

In the subject line I had to put my name, date of birth and Application ID (the latter was: IRIS with an 11 digit number).

I  just received an automated email acknowledging receipt of my email. They file it with your application papers.

See below for your information:

Section 104 of the Migration Act 1958 (the Act) requires you to inform the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (the department) of any changes in your circumstances that affect any answer to a question in your application form

Please return this completed form to the office where you lodged your application or for any other matter (eg. proposed visa cancellation), to the office of the department that is responsible for your matter. If you are unsure which office is responsible for your matter, this form may be submitted to the nearest office of the department. 

WARNING:

If you do not comply with section 104 of the Act and notify the department of your new circumstances, your visa is liable to be cancelled under the Migration Act 1958

If you are an applicant for a visa which has not yet been granted, the information you provide on this form will be taken into account when assessing your visa application.  

On 4/11/2019 at 9:29 PM, Elna57 said:

@CFDS. We completed and signed the forms whenever changes occurred and emailed them to Immi quoting the reference numbers and visa types as per the acknowledgent of first visa charge. We then received an email to say that they have taken notice and put it in our file. 

We used the same email address that was given to us in the acknowledgement of receipt of first vac payment email.

I suppose you are the assurer being a citizen? If so, yes, we completed form 929?? I think when my son got his citizenship. If any circumstance changes, you need to fill in that form, for yourself and if the assurer's circumstances/address etc changes, you need to let them know as well. 

Hope this helps.

Form 1022 Notification of changes in ... - Immigration and citizenship

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/change-in-situation/contact-details

@Elna57 Thank you. That really helps. Although we are so far away in the process, I am not sure if I should make these changes now.

Edited by CFDS

14 hours ago, Dirkz said:

Yes if any circumstance/s change that you filled in on your application form 47PA, you just fill in form 1022 (Notification of changes in circumstances) and send it by email to the same address you sent your application to (eg WA Parents - parents@border.gov.au).

In the subject line I had to put my name, date of birth and Application ID (the latter was: IRIS with an 11 digit number).

I  just received an automated email acknowledging receipt of my email. They file it with your application papers.

See below for your information:

Section 104 of the Migration Act 1958 (the Act) requires you to inform the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (the department) of any changes in your circumstances that affect any answer to a question in your application form

Please return this completed form to the office where you lodged your application or for any other matter (eg. proposed visa cancellation), to the office of the department that is responsible for your matter. If you are unsure which office is responsible for your matter, this form may be submitted to the nearest office of the department. 

WARNING:

If you do not comply with section 104 of the Act and notify the department of your new circumstances, your visa is liable to be cancelled under the Migration Act 1958

If you are an applicant for a visa which has not yet been granted, the information you provide on this form will be taken into account when assessing your visa application.  

Thank you! That was helpful

@CFDS

If I could venture some advice, do exactly what is required by immi. Fill in the forms necessary when needed. If they start processing your application at the end and notice some discrepancies in the application form and their background checks, it might just cause delays or lack of honesty/accuracy problems. 

Just my humble opinion 😌

33 minutes ago, Dirkz said:

@CFDS

If I could venture some advice, do exactly what is required by immi. Fill in the forms necessary when needed. If they start processing your application at the end and notice some discrepancies in the application form and their background checks, it might just cause delays or lack of honesty/accuracy problems. 

Just my humble opinion 😌

That's true. My wife just said the same thing. We are filling in the forms today and will send it off to them. 

Thanks again and much appreciate the concern and advise :)

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:41 PM, TeeTMI said:

The processing dates were last updated on the 8/3/2019, it is a shame they moved to this month rather than day categorisation.

Temporary to Permanent

Acknowledge New Applications

20 February 2019

Queue Assessment

Lodged

Jun 2017

Lodged

Sept 2016

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Visa Assessment

Date Queued

Aug 2010

Date Queued

May 2012

Lodged

Jul 2015

Lodged

Jul 2015

Lodged

Dec 2016   

Lodged Dec 2016

May 2018

*Updated 08/03/2019

Subclass 103

Subclass 804

Subclass 143

Subclass 173

Subclass 864

Subclass 884

Temporary to Permanent

Acknowledge New Applications

27 February 2019

Queue Assessment

Lodged

Jun 2017

Lodged

Sept 2016

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Visa Assessment

Date Queued

Aug 2010

Date Queued

May 2012

Lodged

Jul 2015

Lodged

Jul 2015

Lodged

Dec 2016   

Lodged Dec 2016

May 2018

*Updated 03/04/2019

LOL, no movement

Hi All,

I have a question on the AOS.  Perhaps if there are any Assurers on this forum could help.

My wife is applicant for her parents 143 visa. However, when it comes to the actual AOS we will be showing our joint incomes to fulfil the criteria. In other words we both become assurers for my in-laws.

Currently, it's only I who has the MyGov account and the Centrelink account set-up for our family. My wife hasn't created a separate MyGov or Centrelink account.

My questions are ...

1) Does she need a new Centrelink account to put in the AOS or can it be done from mine since we are both going to be assurers?

2) Can anyone outline the AOS process just so that I have an understanding of what to prepare for when it's time for us to do this? 

What are the things to look out for to ensure that no one drops the ball on Centrelink side or the DIBP?

Thank you in advance!