Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

1 minute ago, JTN said:

@JIG, no nothing yet, just waiting patiently.

Yes received a request for documents on 13th February 2019. Documents requested .

1) Character form 80.

2) Police clearance  certificate.

3) Medical  Exam .

Already submitted the  AOS  form  and completed  1& 2  and doing  the medical  tomorrow morning ( Tuesday 12) in Toronto  about a 2 hour drive from where we live..

Application date was   AUGUST 17  2015..

Hope you hear very soon . Good Luck.  

• Thanks 1

@JIG I think you going to have to do your Police Clearance Certificate again it will expire on Friday. They only valid for a year (in case you didn't know)

Yes I know. Jumped the gun a bit last year. It only took a week so will redo about April/May.

On 3/11/2019 at 1:02 PM, JIG said:

Nazmeen had docs requested on Feb and applied after you JTN (17 Aug.2015)

@JIG, refer my posts dated 14/12/2018 ( page 73 ) and 19/02/2019 ( page 77 ). I did receive the letter of invitation with request to supply further docs / medicals / PCC etc. All done except PCC - still waiting to get it from Pretoria ( I am in Durban )

Also just to let you all know that yesterday my son received a letter from Centrelink confirming receipt of the AUD 14000 AOS deposit and that they ( Centrelink )  have already informed DHA accordingly. 

Best wishes to all in the waiting room

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JIG said:

Yes I know. Jumped the gun a bit last year. It only took a week so will redo about April/May.

You should wait until you get the request - just so you aware before IMMI used to give you 28 days to submit PCC and Form 80 it has changed it is now 70 days so you have plenty of time to do it. 

It's been a few months now since the DIBP updated their web site, and there still is no way to track the queue movement any more. Does anyone know what a good alternative is to track queue movements? 

2 hours ago, Donovan83 said:

It's been a few months now since the DIBP updated their web site, and there still is no way to track the queue movement any more. Does anyone know what a good alternative is to track queue movements? 

It almost feels like applicants are being kept in the dark regarding the processing times. This is very unlike what one would expect from DIBP. Normally, it's a fairly transparent and well managed process.

I sincerely hope that things change for the better. Applicants are paying a decent amount of money and it would be great to see the whole situation improve. 

Edited by CFDS

The processing dates were last updated on the 8/3/2019, it is a shame they moved to this month rather than day categorisation.

Temporary to Permanent

Acknowledge New Applications

20 February 2019

Queue Assessment

Lodged

Jun 2017

Lodged

Sept 2016

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Visa Assessment

Date Queued

Aug 2010

Date Queued

May 2012

Lodged

Jul 2015

Lodged

Jul 2015

Lodged

Dec 2016   

Lodged Dec 2016

May 2018

*Updated 08/03/2019

It is so difficult to follow this as I am 173 and I lodged in October 2015 and already been asked to provide docs (form 80/PCC) and already did medical. I know a 143'er who is August 2015 and currently doing same but not later than that

I think IMMI are finding it difficult to give an assessment date especially for 143 due to the extreme delay of AOS process.

19 hours ago, TeeTMI said:

The processing dates were last updated on the 8/3/2019, it is a shame they moved to this month rather than day categorisation.

Temporary to Permanent

Acknowledge New Applications

20 February 2019

Queue Assessment

Lodged

Jun 2017

Lodged

Sept 2016

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Visa Assessment

Date Queued

Aug 2010

Date Queued

May 2012

Lodged

Jul 2015

Lodged

Jul 2015

Lodged

Dec 2016   

Lodged Dec 2016

May 2018

*Updated 08/03/2019

thanks for this :) mind if I ask where it comes from?

On 3/19/2019 at 8:43 PM, Maz said:

It is so difficult to follow this as I am 173 and I lodged in October 2015 and already been asked to provide docs (form 80/PCC) and already did medical. I know a 143'er who is August 2015 and currently doing same but not later than that

I think IMMI are finding it difficult to give an assessment date especially for 143 due to the extreme delay of AOS process.

I don't think they are overly concerned with Centrelink delays.  They may have problems of their own. I am a June 2015 143 lodger who received invitation to commence preparation of documents in April 2018. I submitted AoS acceptance in Dec 2018 but have still not received the 2nd VAC request. So it's not AoS holding up my application I am sure.....It is almost unconscionable that applicants have no way to communicate freely with PVC and are also denied a meaningful general update on progress or not 😕

Edited by SDS
  • Like 1

@Donovan83

To get an automated reply from Home Affairs you need to type anything eg. Time frame into the subject line. Do NOT type anything in the text body to : parents@homeaffairs.gov.au

@SDS. Have you paid the AOS bond already?

Hi everybody.

There seems to be a lot of confusion going on regarding the AOS process.

Some people have applied and then much later found out that incorrect forms had been submitted. This is just one case that I know of. Centrelink could see the AOS docs on their system but they were not aware of the fact that those were the incorrect documents. I am only stating this to explain all things that can hold up a person's process.

So, if you feel that the process is not moving along as anticipated, I would suggest a special visit to Centrelink to double check on documents etc. Ask them to check whether the docs are correct. I know it is a hassle but it can and it does happen. 

I hope that this helps a little.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/20/2019 at 10:31 PM, Elna57 said:

@SDS. Have you paid the AOS bond already?

Yes Elna back in Dec immediately after AoS acceptance 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but to keep you aware, the government has recently announced that they will reduce the number of permanent resident visas in the next migration year.  (NB: this was announced by the current Coalition government and we are expecting an election some time around May).

Weekend boost for my fellow roomies....

I've had my mum's application progress to 2nd VAC today afternoon. I created an Immi account within the next 15 minutes and paid via credit card. I wish they gave BPAY option as it would help avoid the $575 in fees. But after the excruciating wait I am in no mood to haggle 😅

See my detailed timeline below.

For those who are wondering how I paid AoS before I got the acceptance letter please see my AoS saga as per my posts on 28 Nov and 3 Dec 2018. We all have unique circumstances and each one shared means learning for the rest of us. In my case, it so happened I had travel plans and couldn't wait for the AoS acceptance letter to arrive at it's usual 5 working day pace. The Centrelink officer who confirmed my AoS acceptance on phone considered my circumstances and offered to release it the same day. However I needed to visit a centrelink branch near to me and print it manually there and couldn't access through my Centreelink account yet. To avoid blank looks and delays from the branch I would visit, as this is not normally what they do, I anticipated the local branch would need instructions on how to access the letter to print it for me. I asked the kind lady on the phone to give me a Standard Operating Procedure of sorts (verbally and I jotted down the steps) that the local branch staff should take to find the letter. I also asked if she can provide her name or staff ID so they could check with her through internal communication channels if they were stuck for any reason.  She obliged. The staff at the local centrelink branch were delighted at a written procedure they could follow and thanked me for my foresight, I gave it to them as my gift 😁 - well Necessity is indeed the mother of invention!! The local branch officer mentioned she had done this once in her career and it took half a day and her supervisor getting involved as they have multiple systems and are not trained for this. In my case it took 3 minutes 😎

I have reproduced my timeline as below since it doesn't show from my account details on mobile. I have lumped it by process rather than chronologically so you can see how each process went in my case:

143 Lodgement date: 25/06/2015                       

Acknowledgement Letter: 7/07/2015

Invitation for further documents: 3/04/2018               

AoS application: 8/06/2018

AoS interview: 3/12/2018              

AoS Acceptance Letter: 10/12/2018 (but manually extracted at Centrelink same day)

AoS payment: 3/12/2018

CO's Formal Request for docs:  28/11/2018

2nd VAC Payment: 22/03/2019

VISA GRANTED: Still waiting

INITIAL ENTRY DATE DEADLINE: 12/06/19

Edited by SDS
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 12:19 AM, Dirkz said:

@Geronimo

Sorry I see now that you are enquiring about Form 47A. 

That family unit you’re referring to includes members who are migrating with you on your 143 visa, like a dependant child over 18 years of age. 

If that is the case then fill in Form 47A. Otherwise you need to only do Form 47PA

Thank you. Just what I needed. How did you submit your application. In what form? A binder, stapled together or how. I'm thinking of a nice binder with sub folders. Another thing, do I need to have like a cover page for the application? Something outlining what I am submitting? 

I thought all the documents were uploaded electronically nowadays. @Dirkz (or anybody who has already done this step) can you give please guidance to Geronimo.

I’ve forgotten already but camping with my daughter and family now, she confirmed that we sent the initial 47PA application papers to her and she sent it by registered post to Parent Centre in Perth. 

It could be different now. Just consult the internet and 143 application details. 

Edited by Dirkz

17 hours ago, Geronimo said:

Thank you. Just what I needed. How did you submit your application. In what form? A binder, stapled together or how. I'm thinking of a nice binder with sub folders. Another thing, do I need to have like a cover page for the application? Something outlining what I am submitting? 

My mum compiled the required forms and ordered them as per the Checklist supplied with the instructions. She then sent them by courier to my home address and I sent them through registered Auspost. 

I don't think you need to worry about binders etc as they may afterall have their own system of receipting and filing.

Just keep a full copy of the application and all supportings before sending them. 

Just get the application in as fast as you can as the delays are already inordinate.  Best wishes 

Edited by SDS
  • Like 1

Hi guys, we are still busy getting the documents together. Regarding the photographs, did you have to get them certified and also the person certifying them had to complete an identity declaration? Thanks in advance, we are snowed under with all this paperwork (as I am sure you can all attest to!). 

143 granted today 😁🎉

143 Lodgement date: 25/06/2015                       

Acknowledgement Letter: 7/07/2015

Invitation for further documents: 3/04/2018               

AoS application: 8/06/2018

AoS interview: 3/12/2018              

AoS Acceptance Letter: 10/12/2018 (but manually extracted at Centrelink same day)

AoS payment: 3/12/2018

CO's Formal Request for docs:  28/11/2018

2nd VAC Payment: 22/03/2019

VISA GRANTED: 25/03/2019

INITIAL ENTRY DATE DEADLINE: 12/06/19

• Like 4

@SDS Congrats!! And all the best.