Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Thank you TeeTMI and LeighM  - i am sure our medicals are in - we just hope all went well.

PipDepp something not right, should not take so long. Ours was all done in under one month - unless different locations take longer to process than others. We did ours in Melbourne.

Best wishes to all for a speedy process  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JTN said:

Thank you TeeTMI and LeighM  - i am sure our medicals are in - we just hope all went well.

PipDepp something not right, should not take so long. Ours was all done in under one month - unless different locations take longer to process than others. We did ours in Melbourne.

Best wishes to all for a speedy process  

Thank JTN, yeah my brothers called centerlink quite few times now and they said it varies with location as well and AoS is taking around 6 months... we applied online via centerlink website.. how did you apply ? i mean paper based application or online ? thank you

On 2/20/2019 at 8:23 PM, Maz said:

@Diveup Congratulations what wonderful news!!!

I thought you normally had 6 months to activate your visa - that is a really short time only a 5 weeks? I have to give 6 weeks notice at work that is going to be a problem for me. Gosh something else to stress about

I think the enter by date is with reference to the date of medicals - no more than a year after medicals. But agree despite receiving the visa the stress doesn't let up due to the rush to wind down and leave. Best wishes

19 hours ago, bernadette24 said:

how long do we have to wait to know if we passed the medical? I did mine 5 days ago.

I am only due to do my medical on Monday but I saw in the past someone posted  if you go to  https://www.emedical.immi.gov.au/eMedUI/eMedicalClient   and put in your details I believe you can track it.   Before it’s done it will say incomplete, and then about a week later it should change to completed.  Medicals will be uploaded online by the medical professional.

Edited by Maz
  • Like 1

Final update from my side, the visas were granted yesterday (21/02/2019 - 43 month wait). What an absolute roller coaster ride of activity and emotions, won't do that in a hurry again.

All the best to everyone still in the waiting room, whether you're about to get your news or you've just started on your journey. See you all in the lucky country :) 

• Like 4

On 2/21/2019 at 12:50 AM, TeeTMI said:

You would likely only hear further on this is the Department require you to to provide any additional information/comments or to undertake any further tests.

i had applied for a 12 month stay while i am waiting for my visa 143.  i went to my medical  with 2 HAP numbers one for visitor 600 and one for visa 143. My visitor 600 has just been granted so i presume i have also passed my medical as they were the same tests except they asked for an hiv blood test for parent visa.

Hi Guys and Gals

About the AOS.... has anyone ever corresponded with the Canberra team directly to escalate the AOS? If so, could you kindly share with us the experience? The time frames etc.

So good to see all the "granted" posts on here! Congrats! to all Roomies who have received their visa grants.

So happy to see movement again.

@Elna57 Yes it's do good to see 143 visas granted. I can still feel the excitement and relief when ours were granted not so long ago.

My experience regarding the AOS was quite dramatic, because it was the last issue that prevented our visa from getting granted. It took quite a few months (4) from AOS application to get the AOS Acceptance Letter and every time my son enquired at Centrelink, they said there was nothing they or we could do. 

Even right at the end when our Case Officer needed the AOS Letter to request the 2nd VAC, there was nothing we could do. My CO eventually gave me a contact to find out about the AOS but said she would appoint a delegate from her apartment to expedite the AOS Letter and that I should not bother. We were at that stage loading our container and had bought flight tickets for a few days later which our CO was aware of.

So it seems that the AOS department is well shielded from the visa applicants. They have enough work not to be bothered by applicants as well. Just my opinion.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Hi Guys and Gals

About the AOS.... has anyone ever corresponded with the Canberra team directly to escalate the AOS? If so, could you kindly share with us the experience? The time frames etc.

Hi Elna 

I have approached Centrelink directly and accelerated my case. Please see page 71 and 72 of this blog (see link below) for my journey on AoS. They only accelerated my case after proving I had received contact from PVC to commence assessment AND been in queue 25 weeks already.  All previous attempts were met with....."we are experiencing 6 months delay so keep waiting"

But rushing centrelink didn't help much because PVC is yet to issue me the 2nd VAC request. All papers submitted by mid Dec 2018. Two months plus of frayed nerves....

@SDS Thank you for your reply. 

We have been in Aus as permanent residents for exactly a year today. 

I can not believe how much the AOS process has changed since then. 

@Dirkz

Thank you. 

14 hours ago, bernadette24 said:

What is the email address to send back the form 80 with police clearance certificate? Thank you

It should be explained in the email requesting these forms. 

When I did ours, it was all specified in detail how to reply with the relevant information attached. If I remember correctly, your reference number should be in the subject line. We were dealing with pvc.team1@border.gov.au. It could be different now.

Just check your "Invitation to Commence Document Preparation - Parent Visa Application" email for details. 

Thank you.This is the email address i have but i was not sure if it was where i should send my application

5 minutes ago, bernadette24 said:

Thank you.This is the email address i have but i was not sure if it was where i should send my application

You should have the reference details in the subject line. Just reply to the email and delete any irrelevant information in the body of the email if you want to.

It's important that the email you send with the forms attached can be linked to your case (via the reference detail - your case number - in the subject line).

11 hours ago, bernadette24 said:

Do we get a medicare card as soon as we get our visa 143? or do we have to wait 2 years?

You can get your medicare card as soon as you land as a permanent resident. You become permanent resident when you activate your 143 visa through Customs at the airport at arrival.

Then the very first things we did when we arrived in Australia were:

1. Activate our bank accounts (which we opened over the internet before we arrived).

2. Got our drivers licenses (which we could get in Queensland by just producing our RSA drivers license and pay the fees).

3. Went to Centrelink to register and get our Medicare Cards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bernadette24 said:

Is it worth having a private medical insurance if we have medicare?

If you have the funds and often need medical or dental treatment, yes. Or if you don't want to wait for non-emergency major surgery,  yes.

We are very healthy and decided not to pay for private medical insurance. So far all our needs have been met by Medicare which include doctor and hospital visits.

If you decide to get medical insurance, you need to do it within one year of getting your permanent residence. Otherwise you will pay a loading  for the years you are past 30years. But you can research that when you are here. Lots of options. 

Also if you earn $90 000 or more per annum, you will start to pay extra tax if you don't have private medical insurance. ($180 000 for a couple). The reason is that you can afford to pay towards your medical expenses and not lean on the government and Medicare alone. 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, apologies in advance if this is a silly question - I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing. 

We are in the process of getting my mom's documents in order. I understand that the department do not want originals - rather certified copies of the originals. My question: Can my mom get her originals certified in SA, scan the certified copies to me and I print them and submit them to the department with her application? 

Otherwise she can courier the certified copies to me as well but this may take longer and of course, I am concerned that the package might get lost...

Thanks in advance

M

53 minutes ago, Odendaal said:

Hi Everyone, apologies in advance if this is a silly question - I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing. 

We are in the process of getting my mom's documents in order. I understand that the department do not want originals - rather certified copies of the originals. My question: Can my mom get her originals certified in SA, scan the certified copies to me and I print them and submit them to the department with her application? 

Otherwise she can courier the certified copies to me as well but this may take longer and of course, I am concerned that the package might get lost...

Thanks in advance

M

That’s how I submitted the documents and I do not understand the logic. It’s almost the process has not changed with time. 

Make a a copy of the original then get it certified. Both copies copies are “original”. 

Scan the certified copy, now no longer an original. Cannot scan an original but can scan a “certified” copy. Now you have three opertunities to modify the document. My logic fails me. 

What i submitted:  made a copy of the original and got them certified. Scanned the certified copy and  attached that. 

16 hours ago, Ike said:

That’s how I submitted the documents and I do not understand the logic. It’s almost the process has not changed with time. 

Make a a copy of the original then get it certified. Both copies copies are “original”. 

Scan the certified copy, now no longer an original. Cannot scan an original but can scan a “certified” copy. Now you have three opertunities to modify the document. My logic fails me. 

What i submitted:  made a copy of the original and got them certified. Scanned the certified copy and  attached that. 

Hi Ike, thanks for the response. So just to confirm, did you scan that certified copy and print it to include in the paper application? 

Thanks in advance

M