Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Hi All

I received email from IMMI requesting police certificate, medical, form 80 and colour photo of passport. 

They have given me 70 days from date of email (previously I think you had 28 days) 

I am beyond excited. 

Congrats Maz. I note this is for a 173 visa (2 year) wish it was for a 143 then I would be getting excited.

• Thanks 1

I just had a look at https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times - and for the 143, it shows that processing times aren't available for this visa. 

Is this a new change? Is there anywhere that is a better spot to check where they are up to now? Last I heard it was July 2015. 

I have the same question. Noticed that this week too. It is such a long wait and having even less info to go by now makes me panicky.

It looks like only people applying for the 173 are being asked for documents ahead of those on a 143.  Well done Maz. At the end of Jan they said they were working on July 2015 for 143 and now it has changed to June 2015 not sure why it is going backwards very frustrating 

• Thanks 1

I know someone who applied 143 in August 2015 has been requested for docs so it is moving again.

Edited by Maz

I also saw that Maz someone on another forum who applied on the 4 August 2015 received an email today asking for meds, AOS and Form 80. Happy to see its moving again 😁

I received an email asking for medical/police etc.... I had  applied on 14th August 2015. My problem now is that i have applied for a 12 month tourist visa 2 weeks ago and wonder if i should cancel it

Thanks that is good to know.  The AOS is taking a long time to sort out so not sure about whether you should cancel your visitor visa. I hope that your application goes quickly. Please keep us posted.

I just received a request for documents .

Asking for AOS, FORM 80,  medical, and police clearance. Looks like things are moving.

Good luck to everybody who is waiting ..   

No worries. My application was lodged on 17 August 2015.

Looking over form 80 I thought I filled out that form when I submitted my application. I may be wrong but it seems a lot of those questions look familiar.  

2 hours ago, nazmeen said:

Looking over form 80 I thought I filled out that form when I submitted my application. I may be wrong but it seems a lot of those questions look familiar.  

Hi Nazmeen, how do these have to be submitted? Is it online or post again. Because the original application that I had submitted was a paper application which was sent by post.

5 hours ago, nazmeen said:

I  think Form 80 is the same but because of the delay in issuing the visas they want an updated one in case any of the details have changed

3 hours ago, CFDS said:

Hi Nazmeen, how do these have to be submitted? Is it online or post again. Because the original application that I had submitted was a paper application which was sent by post.

I used a courier service when I submitted my original application and I am going to use the same service when I submit the requested documents.

When I sent them form 929 about the new passport 1 scanned that information to them and I did get an acknowledgment from the visa centre.

Somebody here on the board may have better answer for you.

1 hour ago, SueP said:

I  think Form 80 is the same but because of the delay in issuing the visas they want an updated one in case any of the details have changed

Thanks for that information.

• Like 2

Hi all, nice to find a group that we can relate to and get updated info.  We applied for our Visa 143 on the 24 February, 2016 and had acknowledgment on the 26 February 2016.   So it has been a long wait, it was only a 2 year wait at that time which is now getting longer and longer.   We were very disappointed at first but we have just learned to be patient.      

It would be so helpful to all if everyone posted their time lines it is very easy to do and you can  update as you go along.

At the top right hand side where your name is there is a downward arrow, click on Account Settings then on the left hand side of the screen you will see "signature" click on that, fill in your time line in the box and at the bottom you need to save. Same process to update.