Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

I have found the answer in the "Request for Documents" letter.

"Applicants are reminded that they need to arrive in Australia within the validity timeframe of the medical examination and police certificates".

Cheers,

Graham.

Edited by JaneandGraham
  • Like 1

Congrats , another one thru the system, counting down my days.Realistically looking at mid to late 2018 so we have to vasbyt a bit. 

• Like 1

Name Date Lodged Meds,  docs req Medicals done AOS Police Clear 2nd VAC Granted
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017          
Colgill 1 Oct 2014            
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014            
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014            
Elna57 25 Feb 2015            
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015            
data 9 May 2015            
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015            
JTN 10 Jul 2015            
JIG 1 Nov 2015            
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015            
Jarryd13 Jun 2016            
PatPar Nov 2016            
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016            

9 March 2017 Immi processing 22 Sept 2014.              
6 May2017 Immi processing 3 Oct 2014              

@JaneandGraham

Your police clearances and medicals will be valid for one year if I understand correctly. You have to enter Aus while and as long as  both of those are still valid. Anyone?

14 hours ago, Elna57 said:

@JaneandGraham

Your police clearances and medicals will be valid for one year if I understand correctly. You have to enter Aus while and as long as  both of those are still valid. Anyone?

Yes that's what it says. So you need to make sure your medicals and PCC don't expire by the time you MOVE to Australia. 

One needs to take the time into consideration what it will take to get your AoS sorted, pay the last VAC and pack and go.

For those in the waiting room, take note that it is not wise to do your medicals and get you PCC before you get that email from PVC Team to commence preparation of those last items. Your only problem I see at this stage is that in some big centers one can not get an appointment with the Aus doctor for months due to an overload. Our doctor in PE said he is very busy seeing emigrants from out of town for their Australian medicals because of that.

You can not do the medical in any case if you don't have a HAPP number which we only got with that last email from PVC Team.

• Like 1

Hello Elna and Dirk,

Yes, as Dirk says, you need to land in Australia whilst both your police clearance and medicals are valid.

As said before, I did both in June last year and I am skating on very thin ice.

Anxiously waiting for Case Officer for final assessment to ensure all the submitted documentation has been met.

When all requirements have been assessed as met then a formal request is made to make the 2nd Visa Charge.

Sorry if I am repeating everything that you already know !

Regards,

Graham.

• Like 1

Dear Graham,

You might not be aware but at the end of 2014 when we applied, another member of this forum in another thread, Orphan, also had some last minute issues. As far as I remember he had bought their plane tickets already to be at his family in Australia for Christmas but his visa was not issued yet a few days before they would fly. Because he had been on good terms with the PVC, they went out of their way to issue his visa before he had to fly and he got it like a day or so before they left. He was full of praise for their help and understanding. 

This is just to cheer you up and remind you that you can contact them and explain your situation to them when it gets critical. I'm sure they will try to help where they can and if it's doable.

• Like 1

Hi All

This is my first post and although it feels as if I actually " know "most of you, I am a still bit nervous....Not used to " public writing".

I have read all the posts on of Orphans' thread and obviously also the new thread on which I am now replying.

First of all I wish to thank you all for the unselfish, sympathetic, patient and sincere manner in which you shared your experiences and offered advise on this Forum.

Secondly I wish to apologize for not responding much sooner. My only excuse is that I was simply too busy with other pressing things to apply my mind properly and to at least share my timeline with this forum. Oh those TIMELINES!!

Our Timeline:

I used an agent .

Application posted by Agent from Sydney to the Dept:16 April 2015

23 April 2015 :Agent received email from Dept stating that they "Confirm Lodgment of Application on 20 April 2015"...."the Formal Acknowledgement letter will be sent as soon as possible"

This important formal Acknowledgement Letter just never arrived........I emailed my agent (very) frequently and they just told me to be patient etc etc..

Eventually the Dept sent an email to my Agent with the Formal  Acknowledgement Letter attached. The letter is dated as been sent to my agent on

23 April 2015 and Confirms my Lodgment Date of 20 April 2015.

Elna57 can you advise how I can receive the posts by email as I used to on the "old" Thread?

Also how do I link things that were posted on the "old" Thread to the new one? Copy and paste?

For example you and Dirkz had a discussion on 23 and 24 Feb about stats etc.I think it was you that also encouraged the Roomies to get involved with the stats?

Here's to hoping  that this post actually gets "through" to the thread......

• Like 1

Hi DGT, 

Welcome and don't be afraid to ask. We are all sitting in the waiting room to support one another. 

What I've done to save important information was to open a Word document on my PC (mac) and save it on the desktop screen. 

Then every time I see something relevant, I would copy it and paste it in the document. That way I can go back later and refresh my memory, because a lot of time goes by and things change while in the waiting room. 

Excuse me for saying this, but you are dependent on your agent to give you information from the Parent Visa Centre (PVC). And if they are a bit slow or slack, you will suffer accordingly. So keep an eye on what the others here say and press your agent if you think you should have received info from PVC.

Just my advice with good intentions.

• Like 1

Thanks Dirkz.I hear you loud and clear and I appreciate your advice.I also like your idea about copying and pasting the relevant posts.

• Like 1

Hi DGT. Welcome welcome to the waiting room. It is probably Dirkz's first time in a waiting room. :lol: He is used to people sitting in his waiting room :lol::lol: (Sorry Dirk, I simply couldn't resist. :lol:)

@DGT re the notifications.......... it should be the same as the old (yet fantastic thread by Orphan for which we shall be forever so grateful) cllick on account settings and choose the thread/s you wish to be notified about. Hahahahaha, I haven't even thought about that myself and wondered why I never received any notifications on this thread, :lol: As I mentioned before, I am severely technologically impaired , so thanks I will do that straight away. I will add you to the waiting list, but as a result of my "technologal disadvantage" it will probably take me a couple of tries to do that.:lol:but I will eventually get there.

Hope you have fun whilst waiting and shuffling along in the waiting room.

@DGT OK. Not sure whether this is correct...... but seems like you have to click on your profile top right hand  of your screen and then click "Manage followed content" and then choose what thread thread you would like to follow. @Dirkz?? Is that it?

Name Date Lodged Meds and forms req Medicals done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS FINALIZED 2nd VAC Granted
Colgill 1 Oct 2014              
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 1 Feb 2017            
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017            
Elna57 25 Feb 2015              
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015              
DGT 20 April 2015.              
data 9 May 2015              
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015              
JTN 10 Jul 2015              
JIG 1 Nov 2015              
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015              
Jarryd13 Jun 2016              
PatPar Nov 2016              
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016              

1 May2017 Immi processing 3 Oct 2014     23 days -11 days processed          

If any of you guys are interested....... I have been compiling a similar sheet on PomsinOz but must admit that I haven't been too diligent in updating that one as I felt this thread is all about us in Southern Africa.... if you would like a little insight on what is going on there, please feel free to message me and I will e-mail to you. Their waiting room have way more numbers than ours but could be that we are not too keen to join groups/ folow threads etc etc etc......but as I mentioned before, I haven't been updating that in a long time. We have to keep in mind that there are many other countries where the same visa applications are being applied from and that our little group is only a small proportion of what Immi has to deal with. Let's pop a cork or have a Coca cola or a glass of water on Immi for dealing with all those applications. 

@Dirkz Are the new headings a little better/ more accurate? Of course we may still have to change them, but at least now we know there that there is a difference between receiving "the e-mail" and being appointed a CO. Thanks for that Dirk.

10 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Name Date Lodged Meds and forms req Medicals done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS FINALIZED 2nd VAC Granted
Colgill 1 Oct 2014              
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 1 Feb 2017            
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 017      
Elna57 25 Feb 2015              
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015              
DGT 20 April 2015.              
data 9 May 2015              
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015              
JTN 10 Jul 2015              
JIG 1 Nov 2015              
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015              
Jarryd13 Jun 2016              
PatPar Nov 2016              
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016              

Don't know how else to add to the spreadsheet than to quote it.

Elna, maybe an extra column after AOS Finalized with heading CO Appointed will shed more light, because that's what everyone is waiting for at the end? 

Edited by Dirkz
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2017 at 10:21 AM, DGT said:

Elna57 can you advise how I can receive the posts by email as I used to on the "old" Thread?

Also how do I link things that were posted on the "old" Thread to the new one? Copy and paste?

DGT, just to answer the two questions you asked earlier (quoted above)

At the top right of this thread/window there is a little grey tab that says "Follow". If you click it, it gives you some options and after you've set it, it will be black displaying "Following". Of course your email address must be in your profile settings.

To link any previous post in the same thread (like this one) in your reply, you can just click the Quote box under the post to add the whole post. Then you can delete from the quote what you want. Better still, if you want to quote just a portion of the post (like I did above), just hi-light the portion and in my browser (Apple Safari) a note pops up "Quote this..." asking me if I want to quote that highlighted piece. If you click on the note, it goes to the reply box where you submit your reply.  

To link a post from another thread on another forum board in your reply, you either copy and paste the post.

You can also copy the link address in the browser address window at the top, but then the whole page with posts will be displayed when one clicks on that link.

Hope this answers your questions. If not, ask more.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dirkz said:

DGT, just to answer the two questions you asked earlier (quoted above)

Hope this answers your questions. If not, ask more.

Thanks Dirkz

• Like 1

Hello DIrk,

Thanks for your input. The PVC team are really busy and I am reluctant to bother them. I am hoping that my Case Officer will be allocated soon and then we can discuss the way forward. I would expect that the expiry dates of the Medicals and PCC are cast in stone and that no extension would be considered. 

Hello Elna,

Here are my dates for the schedule.  11 Feb 17 = Forms Reqd.

01 Apr 17 = Aos submitted.

12 Apr 17 = Aos approved.

08 Jun 16 = Police Clearance.

20 Jun 16 = Medicals.

Regards,

Graham.

• Like 1

Name Date Lodged Meds and forms req Medicals done AOS submitted Police Clear AOS Approved CO appointed 2nd VAC Granted
Colgill 1 Oct 2014                
JaneandGraham 20 Oct 2014 1 Feb 2017 20 Jun 16 01 Apr 17 08 Jun 16 12 Apr 17      
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014 1 Apr 2017 19 Apr 2017 21 Apr 2017 18 Apr 2017        
Elna57 25 Feb 2015                
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015                
DGT 20 April 2015.                
data 9 May 2015                
Onthemove 24 Jun 2015                
JTN 10 Jul 2015                
JIG 1 Nov 2015                
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015                
Jarryd13 Jun 2016                
PatPar Nov 2016                
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016                

@JaneandGraham. Thanks so much for the info. Have a great weekend Roomies!

"On 23 Feb 2017 Dirkz Posted 

Yesterday I got an automated reply and they are still on 19 August 2014. 

They have been on that date for almost 3 weeks now !

See JTN's post above for possible reasons. But we don't really have answers"

"On 23 Feb 2017  Elna57 Posted

Hi All Waiting roomies.

I have been trying very hard to stay positive and just reading the posts without commenting, but this is just too hard. Not knowing exactly where we are in the queue............I just so wish that Immi would be more forthcoming/clear as to where and when we are in the q. Next year my hubby will be 65 and we will be able to apply for the much cheaper and faster onshore aged parent visa .......... so if we are not going to be able to leave before then (we thought we would have been in Aus for sure by now when we applied two tears ago)  what is the whole purpose of this whole process, which, when we applied ,"

"On 24 FebElna57posted

Hahahaha DirkZ, shall we (I do not know what your profession is at all, but I am an amateur statistician) compare our stats? Could be a fun game to play in the waiting room. My stats.....in 104 days, 49 days of applications processed? Come on roomies, lets see what you all come up with? "

I Copy/pasted the three posts above

from the "previous " so called Orphan Thread in order to connect their posts to this Thread.

I read  countless posts that indicate our uncertainties around our assessment dates. Most of us would be satisfied if we only knew the date !

Obviously I share the same "anxiety" and concerns and tried to find some 'better" way of forecasting my Assessment date. 

My initial method was to email Parents@immi.com.au to establish what date they were assessing and I would calculate 
 how many days their (current) assessment date was from my Lodgment date ( 20 April 2015)      
 I simply added that Time  difference(days or Months) to the (present) i.e. The date that I sent the enquiry  to PVC.  

For example:. On 3 May 2017,PVC. were assessing 3 October 2014. Therefore  199 Days(6.4 months) before they would get to
 my Lodgment date. (20 April 2015)                
So, using this method, I would calculate that PVC should Asses me 199 days after  3 may 2017  which is 18 Nov 2017  

However I am now of the opinion that I my reasoning was incorrect.          

The problem is that PVC  usually takes more than ONE Calendar Day to progress One assessment day.    
They did occasionally take  less than One Calendar day, but mostly they took more….       

On 3 May 2017  I had been  in the waiting room for approx. 24 Months and I had accumulated enough data to  calculate realistic
averages and more importantly to see what,if any,the trend is.Short periods are not really suitable to see a trend.  

To also establish a trend I divided  the two years into Two periods i.e. a First 13 Months period and a Second 11 Months period.
 (my data cutoff  points were not suitable for 12mnths and 12months.)          

The first 13 Months (402 calendar days) PVC progressed 279 Days >          
They therefore Used  1.44 Calendar days to progress One assessment day.( Calculate :402/279 = 1.44)    

The second 11 Months (342 Calendar days) PVC progressed 140 Days >          
They therefore Used 2.44 Calendar days to Progress one assessment day.( Calculate 342/140= 2.44)    

In my opinion there is clearly a definite Trend.                       
 PVC has slowed  down from 1.44 days Ave in the First Period  to 2.44 days Ave in the Second Period ave.  

Using the 2.44 Factor, I now calculate that I am not 199 days from my Lodgment date. I am actually 199 X 2.44 = 486 days away.

So now my probable Assessment date is 1 Sept 2018

It is not 18 Nov 2017 as I originally thought.

It is 11 Months Later.!              

This new date is simply a mathematical certainty should PVC  progress at the same AVE speed as what they did for the past year i.e. 2.44 calendar days ,per progress day.

.... also assuming that they will somehow have stopped  the slowdown of their trend and can at least work at the same pace as last year. They were on 1.44 ave the previous year.

Obviously the only way Immi could get to my File  faster is to reduce their Average  processing time from the 2.44 days .
I will be watching the progress and readjust my estimated Assessment date accordingly.      

Please can someone comment on the logic as the difference in my  assessment dates is huge.

Please also excuse the terrible spacing, but I copied/pasted my post from another file and it is obviously not compatible .

DGT, I admire your mathematical skills.

If I could give my opinion, I don't think we can deduct any logic timelines from previous experiences. Especially from the past two to three years. 

I'm afraid that it seems they are going slower and slower with their assessments. We don't know the reasons and can only speculate. 

The only indication we have at this stage is to visit the following website and see how long the processing times are at the moment and live with that. 

You'll notice that the 143 visa processing time updated the end of March 2017 is now 33 to 34 months. A few months ago it was 31 to 32 months. 

Check it out here and scroll down to the 143 visa.

1 hour ago, Dirkz said:

DGT, I admire your mathematical skills.

If I could give my opinion, I don't think we can deduct any logic timelines from previous experiences. Especially from the past two to three years. 

I'm afraid that it seems they are going slower and slower with their assessments. We don't know the reasons and can only speculate. 

The only indication we have at this stage is to visit the following website and see how long the processing times are at the moment and live with that. 

You'll notice that the 143 visa processing time updated the end of March 2017 is now 33 to 34 months. A few months ago it was 31 to 32 months. 

Check it out here and scroll down to the 143 visa.

Thanks Dirkz

I have previously considered their published dates on that site.With all due respect to them and without sounding arrogant it appears to me that are making the very same mistake that I have been making.

They are equating their backlog " production days" to calendar days.

They are saying that someone who Lodged in March 2017 will wait approx. 33 to 34 Months to be assessed.

Here ,in my opinion ,is their mathematical reasoning:

Fact:    On 14 March 2017 they were working on 21 August 2014.

It is  936 days (30 months) to get from 21 Aug 2014 to 14 March 2017.It is not exactly the 33 to 34 months, but I cant be sure exactly what dates they used in their calculation. It is close enough though to "33 to 34 Months."

The reality according to my reasoning is it should be:  936 days x 2.44 = 2283 days. = 73 Months !   not 34 Months!

Mathematical Fact: If PAC keeps producing at the same pace as they did over the past year (2.44 calendar days per assessment day) then they will take 6 years to get to assess a lodgment date of 14 March 2017.

As I said I will be calculating at least Monthly to check the latest trend and plan accordingly.

Hi All

Great Math skills DGT. I tend to agree with Dirkz because there are only 7175 visas issued per year ( July to June ) so as soon as the quota is full they stop processing until July of the next period. We do not know what number in the queue we are - it is a tough one. But we keep fingers crossed that we will not have to wait too long.

Best wishes to all  - take care  

• Mara pinned this topic