Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Donovan83

I've just seen the 20/21 budget update... only 4500 places? That's so disheartening.

At this rate, we'll be waiting until 2027 before our parents visa is assessed.

What are the chances of the number of places for parents being increased in future again?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elna57

• DGT

• Onthemove

• Dirkz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@DGT @Onthemove @Dirkz @Elna57 @JTN Today is the best day of my life, the start of a new life and dream!! After 41 months of waiting, envolving sad days, frustrated days, excited day, angry  days

😀 relieved and totally thrilled - finally received my CO's long awaited formal request for submission of documents - my visa assessment has begun - woohoo. News is still sinking in 😲 and sud

So today I finally got the news! The long awaited letter of AoS approval has been received by my son and forwarded to my case officer, immigration, agent and myself! ( my whole world thats import

Posted Images

Mel-B

What does "queue assessment" mean? 

It is very disheartening. Not sure how many years this will take now... 

TeeTMI
19 hours ago, Mel-B said:

What does "queue assessment" mean?

Previously Queue Assessments were only undertaken on the non-contributory visa options. At that time the file was assessed so that if hey were not eligible for a visa that the application could be dealt with at that point in time.

In terms of the Contributory visa a Queue assessment this is a new development.  I assume that it means that a Case Officer will take an initial look at the application to check that the basic application details are in order.  

On 10/15/2020 at 7:50 PM, WendyAllison said:

image.thumb.png.e29f65ff99113d284b749305552f70d0.png

I found this on a news website.

Seems to be a proposal from Greens party, who seem to ally with the Labour Party, what they would do if they came into power.

So not much help unless they win an election soon.

image.png.a3ec956513d8349d79cdee294a1935df.png

PER626 - GRN - Clear the parent visa backlog within three years and then cap waiting times to twelve months.PDF

13 hours ago, MelW said:

I found this on a news website.

Seems to be a proposal from Greens party, who seem to ally with the Labour Party, what they would do if they came into power.

So not much help unless they win an election soon.

The Greens have historically been positive towards the Parent Visa.  In 2014 when several visas (Age Dependent Relative Visa, Remaining Relative Visa, Carer Visa and the Aged Parent Visa) including the Non-Contributory parent visas were ceased by the government  - Greens Senator Sarah Hanson-Young was able to get the legislation disallowed / overturned and these visas were reinstated.