Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

@Robyn2259 . From what I gathered from the thread (we used to just type TEST in the subject line) but seems nowadays one has to type something random in the subject line such as visa enquiry  to get a reply. Hope this works and hope it helps.

@Robyn2259. Do not type anything in the body though.

Thank you! It worked immediately.

I put "checking time" in subject, and nothing in body. Got a reply within seconds.

Eish, not good news though.

image.png.61372da1929f69d9bd0c8f68cc4f996a.png

17 hours ago, Maz said:

They used to put a date now its just a month so we cannot tell how its moving along. 

Unfortunately, it is nowhere near as informative, especially when things move so slowly. 
There was some movement in the 864 visas this week - and that stream has not seen moved even a day since around March 2018.

• Thanks 1

Parent Visas:
Legislative Instrument confirming the number of visas that can be granted in the 2018-19 year (up to June 30th 2019).

Contributory Parent Visas: 7,175
Investor/Retiree stream of the Contributory Parent Visas: 125
Non-Contributory Parent Visas: 1,500
Other Family Visas: 500

NB: these quotas are the same numbers as the previous year 2017-18 plus an additional 125 places to the new stream.
  • Thanks 1

On 1/29/2019 at 2:09 PM, TeeTMI said:
Parent Visas:
Legislative Instrument confirming the number of visas that can be granted in the 2018-19 year (up to June 30th 2019).

Contributory Parent Visas: 7,175
Investor/Retiree stream of the Contributory Parent Visas: 125
Non-Contributory Parent Visas: 1,500
Other Family Visas: 500

NB: these quotas are the same numbers as the previous year 2017-18 plus an additional 125 places to the new stream.

These are technically caps for various categories.  Not changed from previous year for the most part. I wonder how many visas actually were granted against these categories.  The June and 2015 applicants have still not been finalised almost 10 months since they were taken up for processing i.e. request for documents back in March 2018. Cannot believe how excruciating the wait has turned out. I can only hope for myself and everyone else in the waiting room best wishes all!

My folks visa has come through!!! Woohoo. Serious journey since May 15 wow. Thanks to all for the information and support and wishing you all strength for the wait ahead.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

@data Congratulations!!! It's so wonderful!!!  That feeling when you realize that the wait is finally over!!!! I am so glad I came here, I'm still looking for a job but at least that's not an urgency you know. My son keeps telling me to just relax and enjoy exploring and not to stress about getting work quickly!!  So I'm doing just that! It's really a beautiful country, fantastic people and amazing systems that work so well!!  

I wish your parents many many good days in the future and blessing into their new life!!!  I just know they will never regret this move we've all made!!!

• Like 3

@data. Congrats! So happy for you. Ditto to everything @Elza said. 

It is not easy in the beginning but it does get better as soon as one starts making connections and integrate. 

To your parents: Enjoy every minute. Life is too short. 

• Like 2

I have been asked to provide proof of relationship between sponsor and applicant. I don't have a registered birth certificate but they clarified on 8 January 2019 that they accept Baptism certificate which I duly submitted on 10 January  2019 and I have not received any response since then. Even my follow up to check two days ago went unresponded.

The  Baptism certificate is handwritten though  - in English - and bears the sign and seal of the Priest and Church.  Do  handwritten documents pose a problem? I am terrified of a rejection decision for this little thing after enduring a 43 month wait. There are no other outstanding requirements.  Help and please share your experience in this regard as I am very anxious. 

Thank you all

Edited by SDS

47 minutes ago, data said:

My folks visa has come through!!! Woohoo. Serious journey since May 15 wow. Thanks to all for the information and support and wishing you all strength for the wait ahead.

Congratulations data!! Best news in the new year I bet. What was the date of lodgement of your application?

@SDS. Are you the sponsor or the applicant for the 143 Contr. Parent visa?

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

I have been asked to provide proof of relationship between sponsor and applicant. I don't have a registered birth certificate but they clarified on 8 January 2019 that they accept Baptism certificate which I duly submitted on 10 January  2019 and I have not received any response since then. Even my follow up to check two days ago went unresponded.

The  Baptism certificate is handwritten though  - in English - and bears the sign and seal of the Priest and Church.  Do  handwritten documents pose a problem? I am terrified of a rejection decision for this little thing after enduring a 43 month wait. There are no other outstanding requirements.  Help and please share your experience in this regard as I am very anxious. 

Thank you all

@SDS. When my son got his documents ready for his visa, we decided to get the same done what he had to do for his visa and got the unabridged birth and marriage certificates done at the same time. We still have no idea why we did that. At that stage emigration was not even remotely on our minds. I guess we just liked the idea of having a proper printout of the glued in papers in our identity books. 😆

I am not sure about all this, but for the checklist of documents that was attached to the application, we made sure that we attached every document as stipulated. 

I DO think however, that if you are the applicant, you have to supply whatever they ask for?

I DO NOT think though that your application will be rejected if you had not submitted all the correct documents. It will probably just be delayed because of it and that they will allow you extentions untill you can provide whatever was missing or not sufficient. I believe they will contact you and request a particular document if and when it is needed.

I hope that my understanding of the process is correct.

@TeeTMI Perhaps you have some experience with issues like these? 

Immi would ask first and not simply reject an application because of the incorrect document without requesting it first?

• Thanks 1

@SDS

For all the 2015 visa applicants still in the waiting room...  I am posting the last update I did myself where you can see details of roomies who were willing to share their info at the time. I have not updated it since and will not be associated with any updates since this. 

It is just for you to determine more or less where you are in the queue. Play around with it if you have time for it and update from the last date posted but PLEASE do not share this on any other forum. Just use it as your own little guideline or when you feel you need a bit of a boost. If you want to share, please rather just share in personal messages in THIS forum. I have learnt  the hard way to be careful with information shared. 

Keep in mind that I have not updated for a very long time and it will take you some time and effort to read the forum and to fill in those gaps of folks who, since the last update, had their visas granted, yourself.

Have a good time keeping busy. This is what I used to do when I felt disheartened. 😅

File to follow.

For those who don't know. Sheets app is very similar or a version of Excel.

@Elna57Wow!! Your sheet has brought back some memories looking at it and seeing all the names.  All those nights I would work the dates in various ways in hope that somehow with me doing that it would bring the time closer, that call, the final email!!! I remember we also decided to add our information to our signature section, so all the missing info for me on your list actually comes up at the bottom of my notes.

I'm still looking for work, but boy am I happy here!! It's the most beautiful place this, the beaches, people are incredible..... I cannot get over the color of the water, amazing!!! 

It's interesting how we process all these changes... I was just so eager for them to call for the interview, then it was to pay the money, the shipping container, my little baby dogs,  then the visa, the air ticket, saying the goodbyes.  I used to sit until all hours of the morning thinking, worrying, planning.......... Then once I arrived here then I started, medical aid, driving license, bank accounts, car, insurance!!!  I waited for my container to arrive, once that happened I started wishing for a job to come up.  The job kind of links to work = money = own place to stay = social life = first holiday!!!!  I enrolled in different training courses to help me pass the time.......

I have all these things and many other not mentioned on a long list which started in Feb 2015 and it's now 2019 and I am still ticking off slowly as the month's pass.  I have realized that each step seems to have some sort of emotion/feeling, that the other didn't have. It's crazy, like menopause - I'm up and down like a yo-yo!!! My son understands and often when we talk he will reflect on the time years ago when they did the same journey!! And add his story!!!

It's a long and emotional road, but so incredibly worth it, I wouldn't change it for anything!!!

Everyone out there still waiting, little by little the time grew as the time passed - when I started the wait was 18 months, I finally got my visa after 3 years and five months!!!! You will go through ups and downs, life does change, things do happen but just remember that in the end when you finally arrive here it's the best feeling ever!!!!!

Good luck to all of you!!!!!!

😌🤑👹😲😁........ and many many more!!!!!!!

• Like 4

@Elza. That is exactly how I feel! But it is all good! We can do stuff all by ourselves and feel safe.

Please may I share your post or will you post on http://www.saaustralia.org/topic/49065-landed-parent-support-group/?tab=comments#comment-451306  please. It feels more like a blog than a forum right now and I think we have a lot to share with future "Landed!" parents who need support.

@Elza @Elna57 thanks for the kind words. I’m sure they will enjoy the freedom and true beauty that Australia offers. They are only going to start the process now of packing and selling up so definitely some more bumps, twists and turns to be had on this roller coaster. 

@SDS, they applied in mid-May 2015.

• Like 2

@data I certainly hope they sell soon. The ZAR is doing so well at the moment. Thanks to Brexit mixup and Trump. 😆

For once, we can actually leave politics out of our conversations!. What a strange concept!!

11 hours ago, SDS said:

Thank you all

I haven't seen the document to comment - however, assuming they are happy with the document the fact that it is handwritten need not be an issue.  Should they have concerns I would expect them to come back to you and request you provide an alternative.

It they consider this insufficient then you might look at another alternative such as obtaining a copy of an unabridged birth certificate, or bringing other documents to paint a picture.

• Thanks 2

we applied centerlink AoS via online and calling after a month to follow up they say - they didn't get the file. lodged an investigation but better re-apply paper than simply waiting...thats so frustrating...

On 1/31/2019 at 8:25 PM, Elna57 said:

@Elza. That is exactly how I feel! But it is all good! We can do stuff all by ourselves and feel safe.

Please may I share your post or will you post on http://www.saaustralia.org/topic/49065-landed-parent-support-group/?tab=comments#comment-451306  please. It feels more like a blog than a forum right now and I think we have a lot to share with future "Landed!" parents who need support.

Hey, @Elna57 I've posted onto landed parent support group as you so kindly requested!!