Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Hi all,

New to this forum. Wishing everyone a happy new year and may the approvals all come through quickly. we lodged ours at the end of March 2016 so hoping we will hear something by September 2019. It has been a long wait but will sure be worth it. Dont despair and hang in there.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2018 at 7:50 PM, acmac said:

Hi.

Just wanted to know about sponsorship and work. We lodged the 143 application for my parents back in Sep 2016, and it looks like either end of next year (doubtful looking at processing times) or beginning of the following year when the viaa would come through. I'm the sponsor, but we are thinking of moving to Perth...would that affect the sponsorship in any way? We currently have a house in Melbourne, that we'll be selling. I'm unsure whether I would be able to keep my current job moving to Perth, so in case I can't, just wondered if there's a minimum period I need to be working for a company to be considered a suitable sponsor?

Just to add to @Ike's reply above, I assume you are talking about being the assurer (as well as the sponsor). Centrelink looks at your current position when you APPLY to be the assurer for your parent/s. They used to take the previous 2 year's income as a guideline when we applied at the end of 2015. At that stage my son, the assurer (and sponsor), had been out of a job for 9 months and had just started working again. He had no problem to be accepted as assurer for us. 

So if you have already been approved as assurer it's unlikely that they will cancel your assurance. It would be in your best interest though to get stabilized again financially with an income before your parents get a Case Officer and their case is assessed. If the worst happens and Centrelink cancels your assurance, you will be given an option to find another assurer (or two). The assurer/s don't have to be the sponsor. 

In our case we had a very good friend (plan B) who was prepared to stand as assurer if my son hadn't qualify.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Newfuture said:

Hi all,

New to this forum. Wishing everyone a happy new year and may the approvals all come through quickly. we lodged ours at the end of March 2016 so hoping we will hear something by September 2019. It has been a long wait but will sure be worth it. Dont despair and hang in there.

Welcome to the forum. You are on the ball with your last sentence. Don't despair, hang in there!

Been living in Australia now for 16 months, all I can say is that it's all worth the wait, stress and effort to finally get here. 

And once you've been here for a while, you start to really relax and feel very liberated. Being close to the children and grand children is the best!

And we have made almost more new South African friends here than we had in SA!

20 hours ago, Dirkz said:

Just to add to @Ike's reply above, I assume you are talking about being the assurer (as well as the sponsor). Centrelink looks at your current position when you APPLY to be the assurer for your parent/s. They used to take the previous 2 year's income as a guideline when we applied at the end of 2015. At that stage my son, the assurer (and sponsor), had been out of a job for 9 months and had just started working again. He had no problem to be accepted as assurer for us. 

So if you have already been approved as assurer it's unlikely that they will cancel your assurance. It would be in your best interest though to get stabilized again financially with an income before your parents get a Case Officer and their case is assessed. If the worst happens and Centrelink cancels your assurance, you will be given an option to find another assurer (or two). The assurer/s don't have to be the sponsor. 

In our case we had a very good friend (plan B) who was prepared to stand as assurer if my son hadn't qualify.

Thanks so much for the info you gave. It's put me more at ease now, so thank you so much again.

Quick Update

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173)  DHA are currently assessing applications lodged up to 01 July 2015.

Hi.

Regarding the marriage certificate required for the 143 visa - is an unabridged version mandatory? or will just a standard marriage certificate ok (abridged)?

1 hour ago, acmac said:

Hi.

Regarding the marriage certificate required for the 143 visa - is an unabridged version mandatory? or will just a standard marriage certificate ok (abridged)?

If you Google “difference between abridged and unabridged marriage certificate” it seems that the unabridged version contains more detail/information. 

My experience with the Australian authorities is that they are very precise in their ways. So if they ask for “unabridged” that’s what they require. But I could be wrong and some individuals might be lenient in such a case. Hopefully someone can relate their experience which will answer your question. 

Hi, we submitted our documents in June last year. We did check up on the marriage certificate problem as there was a huge backlog at SA Home Affairs. Unfortunately, they will only accept an unabridged version of your marriage certificate. We nagged Home Affairs and finally managed to get it after many months. Looking back now, if that was the only unabridged certificate outstanding I would submit everything else plus the abridged marriage certificate and make a note on the application that the unabridged version will be added as soon as you receive it. Hope that helps

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Carole said:

Hi, we submitted our documents in June last year. We did check up on the marriage certificate problem as there was a huge backlog at SA Home Affairs. Unfortunately, they will only accept an unabridged version of your marriage certificate. We nagged Home Affairs and finally managed to get it after many months. Looking back now, if that was the only unabridged certificate outstanding I would submit everything else plus the abridged marriage certificate and make a note on the application that the unabridged version will be added as soon as you receive it. Hope that helps

Thanks Carole for confirming that, as I wasn't sure whether they required the unabridged marriage certificate specifically. Will get my parents to start organising that as they only currently have the abridged one

Parent Visa processing update - 143/173's have now moved to 03 July 2015

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173)
We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 03 July 2015.  (Movement Seen)
ONSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 864 and 884)
We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 27 October 2016. (No Movement)
TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT APPLICANTS (subclass 173 to 143 and 884 to 864)
We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 5 March 2018.  (Movement Seen)

7 hours ago, TeeTMI said:

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173)
We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 03 July 2015.  (Movement Seen)

Wish I could get excited but it looks like it is taking 3 - 4 weeks to do 2 days worth of 143 visa.

After a bit of a struggle, my folks just received request to pay VAC2. They seem to be directing them to online payment via credit card or PayPal and not bank transfer which all incur an additional 1.3%-1.9% surcharge - not insignificant on almost $90k.. Does anyone know if the old method is still available? @TeeTMI?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, data said:

After a bit of a struggle, my folks just received request to pay VAC2. They seem to be directing them to online payment via credit card or PayPal and not bank transfer which all incur an additional 1.3%-1.9% surcharge - not insignificant on almost $90k.. Does anyone know if the old method is still available? @TeeTMI?

BPAY should still be an option?  Potentially read through the documents again, if not then contact the case officer to ask if it was omitted? 

10 hours ago, Maz said:

Wish I could get excited but it looks like it is taking 3 - 4 weeks to do 2 days worth of 143 visa.

It is very demoralising to see the time extend with little movement in the dates.  It is another of these elastic time frames.
The length of time it takes is not expected to match the days that have passed in the meantime.  The number of people who apply on any given day could e.g. be 0 or 100.  The quotas limit the number of visas that can be processed in any one year. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, TeeTMI said:

BPAY should still be an option?  Potentially read through the documents again, if not then contact the case officer to ask if it was omitted? 

Will look into it. Thanks.

On 1/16/2019 at 12:26 AM, TeeTMI said:

It is very demoralising to see the time extend with little movement in the dates.  It is another of these elastic time frames.

I have a daughter that is waiting patiently for me to get there so she can have a medical procedure as she can't drive or do anything for 6 weeks, my boss in s retiring in April and they talking of splitting up the Directorate so I may need to be redeployed and my housemate is looking at going back to Sweden so I may be homeless too. Talk about being stressed!

• Sad 1

@OnthemoveCongrats buddy! Safe travels.

• Like 1

So 2nd VAC paid today by debit card.

Just for everyone's info, based on my folks recent experience with the 2nd Vac request and a call to the Perth processing centre, there is no way to pay by bank cheque. The only way was to pay through paypal or a bank card like credit or debit card which both incur a procesing fee. 

Make sure you have one of these options available when your ticket is called.

• Thanks 1

Dear All, 

I am really excited to see the threat for parents visa which is actively helping eveyone . 

I have applied 143 visa for my parents on last year July . I have applied them on shore while they were visiting Melbourne on Subclass 600 visa . I hope that is fine even they were offshore applicant , however didn't have "No further stay condition" in the visa. 

Hello all, is there a quick summary somewhere of the estimated timelines from when you finally get the letter of invitation for medicals etc to when the visa is finalised? Also, how much time do you have to get over once the visa is finalised? Many thanks

@Pauline To give you a rough idea (although we've been in Aus for almost 17 months now)

We received our Letter for Medical etc from our CO in April 2017 and our visa was finalized on 25 August 2017. But it was then. Might be slower or faster now. Also our AOS was delayed and kept us waiting longer than we should have.

On our Visa Grant Letter it states:

Visa Grant Date  25 August 2017

Stay For/Until      Indefinite

Entries                  Multiple

Initial arrival must be made before 3 April 2018 (so that gave us just over 7 months) - we actually flew a few days after the visa was granted.

Last Date to Arrive  25 August 2022  (which means permanently settle - 5 years)

Please keep in mind that you can not activate your Visa if your medical certificate has expired! So make sure your medical certificate is still valid (one year) when you enter Australia the first time and activate your PR status. After you pass immigration at the airport, you become a Permanent Resident and must soon as possible get your Medicare Card and Drivers License.

Hopes this helps a bit 😊

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dirkz said:

@Pauline To give you a rough idea (although we've been in Aus for almost 17 months now)

We received our Letter for Medical etc from our CO in April 2017 and our visa was finalized on 25 August 2017. But it was then. Might be slower or faster now. Also our AOS was delayed and kept us waiting longer than we should have.

On our Visa Grant Letter it states:

Visa Grant Date  25 August 2017

Stay For/Until      Indefinite

Entries                  Multiple

Initial arrival must be made before 3 April 2018 (so that gave us just over 7 months) - we actually flew a few days after the visa was granted.

Last Date to Arrive  25 August 2022  (which means permanently settle - 5 years)

Please keep in mind that you can not activate your Visa if your medical certificate has expired! So make sure your medical certificate is still valid (one year) when you enter Australia the first time and activate your PR status. After you pass immigration at the airport, you become a Permanent Resident and must soon as possible get your Medicare Card and Drivers License.

Hopes this helps a bit 😊

Hi all,

Quick question: is there any trick to getting an automatic reply from the PVC email? 

I send blank emails every now and then to check processing dates,  but lately have not been getting an auto reply. I've tried a few variations, like putting "blank" or "test" in subject and body.

Thanks,

R