Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Hi all

great news, just got email with letter of invitation to provide Meds, PPC, Update form 80 and copies of our passports ( we both have new passports ).

Our lodgement date was 07 / 07 / 2015.

we in Australia at the moment on 600 tourist visa.

can anyone please advise current costs per person to have medicals done and get PCC done from Durban, South Africa.

Best wishes to all in the waiting room - hoping that the process is in full momentum

• Like 2

@pipDepp   and @JTN  

wonderful news going into the long weekend here in SA.  

@JTN  My medical, with x-rays and blood test done in May '18 cost me R2,108.

Not certain how much it would cost  if having the medical done in Australia, if that's at all possible, for an offshore application. Stand to be corrected on this.

As for the PCC, I did mine in Johannesburg at a cost of R114 - again, not sure what it'll cost if you're requesting it from Australia.  Hope this helps 😏

9 hours ago, pipDepp said:

i have just received an email immigration asking for further documents... wohoo..  we have applied my Mum's visa on the 10 July 2015 .... hey guys so letter says we can apply AoS online... can anyone please guide me towards AoS ... Many thanks

Hi

The Assurer will need to apply for AoS using their Centrelink (or Mygov linked) services. In the main menu of Centrelink after logging in there is  a distinct Assurance of Support section. Click and start new application. I suggest you do this ASAP as I had to wait 27 weeks to get my mum's AoS finalised.

Upload all evidence to ensure there is no delay when processing starts. E.g. Income tax assessment, bank statements etc.

All the best.

On 12/15/2018 at 1:33 AM, SDS said:

Hi

The Assurer will need to apply for AoS using their Centrelink (or Mygov linked) services. In the main menu of Centrelink after logging in there is  a distinct Assurance of Support section. Click and start new application. I suggest you do this ASAP as I had to wait 27 weeks to get my mum's AoS finalised.

Upload all evidence to ensure there is no delay when processing starts. E.g. Income tax assessment, bank statements etc.

All the best.

thank you so much :)

Good news 😃😊  

Received request for 2nd VAC payment very early this morning....so excited  :whome:

939611227_Screenshot2018-12-12at08_26.38_1copy.png.f8a43032b23dfba8c4f09cdb619ca081.png to all roomies, may this festive season be a safe and happy one for you and your loved ones. 

• Like 2

Hey guys, as immigration asks for police checks and character forms, do we send by emails only or have to send physical mail location too.... as case officer did not make it very clear. 

On 12/15/2018 at 1:39 AM, Onthemove said:

@pipDepp   and @JTN  

wonderful news going into the long weekend here in SA.  

@JTN  My medical, with x-rays and blood test done in May '18 cost me R2,108.

Not certain how much it would cost  if having the medical done in Australia, if that's at all possible, for an offshore application. Stand to be corrected on this.

As for the PCC, I did mine in Johannesburg at a cost of R114 - again, not sure what it'll cost if you're requesting it from Australia.  Hope this helps 😏

Thank you very much Onthemove - much appreciated.

On 12/15/2018 at 2:33 AM, SDS said:

Hi

All the best.

Thank you very much SDS - much appreciated

3 hours ago, Onthemove said:

Good news 😃😊  

Received request for 2nd VAC payment very early this morning....so excited  :whome:

939611227_Screenshot2018-12-12at08_26.38_1copy.png.f8a43032b23dfba8c4f09cdb619ca081.png to all roomies, may this festive season be a safe and happy one for you and your loved ones. 

Wow Onthemove, congratulations - what a Christmas gift. You must be estatic - the long journey is now finally coming close to the end.

Take care and best wishes. Enjoy Australia 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Onthemove said:

Good news 😃😊  

At last !!! Congratulations Onthemove !

Are you going to be in Aus by Christmas ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pipDepp said:

Hey guys, as immigration asks for police checks and character forms, do we send by emails only or have to send physical mail location too.... as case officer did not make it very clear. 

Normally one just reply to their email with their reference in the subject line and attach the relevant information they require. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dirkz said:

At last !!! Congratulations Onthemove !

Are you going to be in Aus by Christmas ?

@Dirkz Thank you 😊 

had hoped it would be in time for Christmas - unfortunately not 😢

Hey, though not complaining in the least just so relieved 2nd VAC request has come through

7 hours ago, JTN said:

Wow Onthemove, congratulations - what a Christmas gift. You must be estatic - the long journey is now finally coming close to the end.

Take care and best wishes. Enjoy Australia 

Thanks @JTN I certainly shall.   You take care as well - good luck for a speedy processing of your application.

On 12/17/2018 at 5:37 PM, Dirkz said:

Normally one just reply to their email with their reference in the subject line and attach the relevant information they require. 

Thank you so much Dirkz :) its really helpful .. i have attached police checks, colour scanned copy of the passport  and also Form 80 .. but also asked advise from Case officer if she needs it via mail as well ... 

1 minute ago, pipDepp said:

Thank you so much Dirkz :) its really helpful .. i have attached police checks, colour scanned copy of the passport  and also Form 80 .. but also asked advise from Case officer if she needs it via mail as well ... 

Let us know if that's the way to submit it if/when she replies

• Like 1

🎉  CELEBRATIONS   🍾  🍾 🍾  popping the cork   

VISA granted early this morning - what a Christmas prezzie!

To all my fellow roomies,

A zillion thank you's for each and everyone's support, advice and tips over these past 1276 days from start to finish (yep, that's 41 months, 3 weeks, 6 days to be precise) :lol::santa: All the best going forward.  Have a wonderful festive season.

• Like 5

Congratulations @Onthemove 👏

What a nice Christmas present! 

The wait was bitter, but the end is sweet. This goes for the remaining roomies too. 

• Thanks 1

@Dirkz  @data     Thanks guys 🙌             

@Maz     thanks for that, I do tend to forget LOL ...... breathe in, breathe out ........ got it  :ilikeit:     

Dear Roomies

MERRY CHRISTMAS. :santa:🌲

Sadly mine got spoiled by Standard Bank - this is my story - hopefully it gives warning to anyone banking with them before paying their 2nd VAC.  Take heed everyone, please!

Whilst at the branch with a consultant on Thursday, 20 Dec, talking about the very transaction above, not a single syllable was uttered., not even Fraud Div knew exactly why this was charged when I called them about this huge banking charge this morning.

A new unjustified, unannounced fee of 2.75% is charged over and above any SWIFT, forex and merchant fee for any transaction on a Mastercard Debit or Credit card. No other banks charge this amount, and additionally its only charged days after the event.  😡😡😡

When enquiring on all costs associated to this transaction, not a soul at Stand Bank makes mention of this. The only source of confirmation are blogs and forums where other victims make the fee known.

This bitter deduction has caused a depletion of all funds, and left me penniless. I'm devastated!   But a plan shall be made ...

@Onthemove That is really shocking! 

For what it's worth let me share what I did. I used Exchange4Free to transfer the money beforehand into one of my child's bank accounts. As a matter of fact, she opened a separate savings account into which she kept our money. 

So when the call came for the 2nd VAC, she immediately went to her bank and got a bank cheque made out to Parent Visa Centre in Perth (IMMI) and sent it by speed post overnight to them. The bank cheque cost a few dollars but was guaranteed and safe.

Exchange4Free in Boeing Road, Bedfordview charges NO extra admin fee if the amount you transfer is R100 000 or more, only the exchange fee which was just under 2% over the going rate at that moment. I was with ABSA and also scrutinized their fees in detail. They were much more expensive than E4F. At least the lady at ABSA was honest and gave me all the relevant fees.

Shame on Standard Bank!

• Sad 1

Hi.

Just wanted to know about sponsorship and work. We lodged the 143 application for my parents back in Sep 2016, and it looks like either end of next year (doubtful looking at processing times) or beginning of the following year when the viaa would come through. I'm the sponsor, but we are thinking of moving to Perth...would that affect the sponsorship in any way? We currently have a house in Melbourne, that we'll be selling. I'm unsure whether I would be able to keep my current job moving to Perth, so in case I can't, just wondered if there's a minimum period I need to be working for a company to be considered a suitable sponsor?

1 hour ago, acmac said:

Hi.

Just wanted to know about sponsorship and work. We lodged the 143 application for my parents back in Sep 2016, and it looks like either end of next year (doubtful looking at processing times) or beginning of the following year when the viaa would come through. I'm the sponsor, but we are thinking of moving to Perth...would that affect the sponsorship in any way? We currently have a house in Melbourne, that we'll be selling. I'm unsure whether I would be able to keep my current job moving to Perth, so in case I can't, just wondered if there's a minimum period I need to be working for a company to be considered a suitable sponsor?

I don’t think that they would look at who you worked for but rather you have a steady income, have submitted tax returns for a number of years. Bottom line: as a sponsor you are able to meet your commitments. Over a five year period things change, they would understand that.   I hope that’s how they would look at it because my sponsor has changed houses and could change jobs.   Good progress me thinks, me hopes. 

• Thanks 1