Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

After 5 months waiting  I finally had my AOS interview and expect letter for bond payment in 10 days.

In-laws application 25 June 2015.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Diveup said:

After 5 months waiting  I finally had my AOS interview and expect letter for bond payment in 10 days.

Hi Diveup 

What was the date of your AOS application. I filed mine on 8 June 2018 and have not heard a word so far. 

Thank you

Edited by SDS
  • Thanks 1

More good news after my interview on Monday received the Bank guarantee now required letter from Centrelink today.

Have to go to the Commonwealth Bank tomorrow and get a bank guarantee.

Does anybody know what the time frame is from payment to the visa being issued?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diveup said:

It is normally very quick in some instances its been a couple of days and not more than a week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Diveup said:

More good news after my interview on Monday received the Bank guarantee now required letter from Centrelink today.

Wao. Thats really fast. From interview to receiving bank guarantee letter it only took you 3 days. Its like they sent it right after the interview. My cousin got the interview in April and was told its all approved. But she hasnt received the bank guarantee letter yet. Its been 7 months. She “harass” centrelink every week but they cannot promise when it would be sent.

If you mean the 2nd instalment payment then it was 5 working days including the postal time. My friend mailed the cheque on Monday she got visa granted on Friday. It was 3 years ago. 

Edited by Viet

On 11/15/2018 at 8:36 PM, Diveup said:

Hi dear, I have applied AoS for my parents in September 2018 what do they usually ask in interview ?

20 hours ago, Viet said:

Wao. Thats really fast. From interview to receiving bank guarantee letter it only took you 3 days. Its like they sent it right after the interview. My cousin got the interview in April and was told its all approved. But she hasnt received the bank guarantee letter yet. Its been 7 months. She “harass” centrelink every week but they cannot promise when it would be sent.

If you mean the 2nd instalment payment then it was 5 working days including the postal time. My friend mailed the cheque on Monday she got visa granted on Friday. It was 3 years ago. 

They sent the letter to mygov account email.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diveup said:

They sent the letter to mygov account email.

Such perfect timing.

When the CO picks your file hopefully they will straightaway proceed to grant in your case and end the excruciating wait 😊

Hi Diveup, 

On which of the two dates

below was your in-law’s application actually lodged: 

On 5/5/2018 at 2:08 PM, Diveup said:

Hi, I have been on the sideline for a while.

My parents in law lodged their application on 30/06/2015.

On Friday 04/05/2018 they received their Invitation to Commence Document Preparation - Parent Visa Application.

Police Check carried out 05/05/2018

Medicals to be carried out next week in Johannesburg.

AOS to be carried out next week.

At least looks like this process is moving again.

On 11/12/2018 at 12:17 PM, Diveup said:

Just curious, as mine was lodged on 24 June 2015 - I’ve heard nothing further since receiving the AoS acceptance letter in Aug, hoping something will happen soon though 😐

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2018 at 12:00 PM, Onthemove said:

Hi Diveup, 

On which of the two dates

below was your in-law’s application actually lodged: 

Just curious, as mine was lodged on 24 June 2015 - I’ve heard nothing further since receiving the AoS acceptance letter in Aug, hoping something will happen soon though 😐

It can take quite a while from Lodging the AoS Bond to receiving the AoS Acceptance letter (nearly 3 months for us) You will need to forward this Acceptance letter to PVC. (We applied for 143 on 15 th June, still waiting for 2nd VAC payment request. 

@AKB  I'm working through an agent, who already has all further supporting documents incl AoS Acceptance Letter on file (and Centrelink also notified Immi that they accepted the AoS application in order to proceed with the visa application).   They are awaiting formal request from PVC for their submission as soon as, presumably, a CO is assigned to assess my case.  Results of the medical exam/radiology as far as I know are submitted  directly to the Department.  

So, now I'm keeping my eyes on PVC's next update on their progress of CPV 143 assessment date 🙄

• Like 1

Latest stand on Global Processing Times (somewhat faster, yay!)

431619180_Screenshot2018-11-21at08_16_03.thumb.png.7a2f9800e13e170e0122016f1153a34a.png

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Onthemove said:

@AKB  I'm working through an agent, who already has all further supporting documents incl AoS Acceptance Letter on file (and Centrelink also notified Immi that they accepted the AoS application in order to proceed with the visa application).   They are awaiting formal request from PVC for their submission as soon as, presumably, a CO is assigned to assess my case.  Results of the medical exam/radiology as far as I know are submitted  directly to the Department.  

So, now I'm keeping my eyes on PVC's next update on their progress of CPV 143 assessment date 🙄

@Onthemove Soon mate!!

• Thanks 1

Hi Roomies. Although I don't comment much anymore, I have you all in my heart still and miss the comradeship we shared here. I do check in regularly though but I remember what I felt like when it seemed so near but yet so far.  Good luck and speedy visas to you all. Big hugs to each and every one.

Edited by Elna57
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Onthemove said:

Latest stand on Global Processing Times (somewhat faster, yay!)

431619180_Screenshot2018-11-21at08_16_03.thumb.png.7a2f9800e13e170e0122016f1153a34a.png

That is great news it has improved.  It was 75% at 43 months and 90% at 48 months at the end of September

😀 relieved and totally thrilled - finally received my CO's long awaited formal request for submission of documents - my visa assessment has begun - woohoo.

News is still sinking in 😲

and suddenly it seems as if time's running out.... how crazy is that?! 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Maz said:

@Onthemove that is amazing news - its great to see any kind of movement from IMMI. ...don't forget to breathe!

@Maz    Haha, thanks for reminding me.  I most certainly will 😉

Congratulations ONTHEMOVE. When you got your CO what documents did the ask for?

• Thanks 1

Congrats Onthemove, well done - the long wait is over. Book your flights and get over there - happy landings.

Best wishes with all the rest of the journey.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JIG said:

Congratulations ONTHEMOVE. When you got your CO what documents did the ask for?

thank you @JIG CO's letter is dated 22 Nov 2018, so I'm taking that as the date on which the CO was assigned to me.  I was asked to update Form 80 - also see my post on 21 Nov. 

Immi/PVC ought to get all from my agent that either today or tomorrow.

Edited by Onthemove

15 minutes ago, JTN said:

Congrats Onthemove, well done - the long wait is over. Book your flights and get over there - happy landings.

Best wishes with all the rest of the journey.

hello and thanks to you JTN      

totally relieved to have reached this stage now, though I err on the side of caution when booking flights .... I'll look into 🛫   soon as  2nd VAC is requested  :lol:

@Onthemove Well at last! Congrats! I'm sure the frustration of waiting has been relieved a bit. 

If all goes well it won't be too long now. Once your CO has gone through all your documents, you should get the most exciting email of all - to pay the 2nd VAC.

That means your visa application has been approved and you are on your way to Aus !!! 

For the rest of the roomies in the waiting room, vasbyt ! All I can say is that it's worth all the waiting and stressing.

• Thanks 1