Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

On 10/4/2018 at 12:24 PM, KevinLee said:

Deadly silence from IMMI in the last few weeks.

Not necessarily... My friend's parents got their visa grant last week. They are just not on this forum.

I know waiting is hard but you will get to the front of the queue eventually. 

are they still processing up to 11th June 1015?

Edited by bernadette24

I got auto reposed email it still same

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 11 June 2015.

19 hours ago, RYLC said:

Not necessarily... My friend's parents got their visa grant last week. They are just not on this forum.

I know waiting is hard but you will get to the front of the queue eventually. 

@RYLC that's great, when did your friend's parents lodge their 143 application? 

Regards

Paul

1 hour ago, KevinLee said:

@RYLC that's great, when did your friend's parents lodge their 143 application? 

Regards

Paul

Mid February 2015. The AoS process takes longer than people anticipate so although the department say they are processing June 2015 it doesn't mean that the visa is immiment. It takes some further months for the final visa grant. It takes as long as it takes unfortunately.

My friend's parents are now in a bit of a panic to declutter their belongings and finalise their affairs so perhaps your parents can focus on some aspects of that in the mean time like cleaning out cupboards etc. Fretting doesn't make the time go faster. I've been through this myself with in laws so I know what it's like.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 11 June 2015.

Note that they are only ASSESSING applications up to that date. They are not issuing visas to that date. So yes it's encouraging to see the date moving but there are still a number of months to go. Hang in there...

Edited by RYLC

Hi Roomies, we've been in Aus now for 13 months after waiting for our visa for 33 months. 

I notice that in jut over a year that we've been here, Immi has progressed only about 3 months in 143 visa grants. We applied beginning Nov 2014 and it seems they are only issuing (according to RYLC) applications done mid Feb 2015.

It definitely has slowed down a lot and the waiting time has increased. 

Good advice there form @RYLC regarding preparing for the day the visa is granted. We sold our house 18 months before we got our visa and rented a townhouse. That is a very good exercise to thin out accumulated stuff and prepare for what will go in the container.

Sort out dental problems (it's very expensive in Aus and not covered by Medicare), sort out finances, check what can ship over and what might be a risk, etc. There are so many things to prepare in advance not to be caught unprepared at the end. 

Good advice is to research all the details pertaining to the big move and be well prepared. There is enough info on this thread and forum. 

Hang in there!

Once in Aus the long wait will be all worth while!

On 10/6/2018 at 12:15 AM, bernadette24 said:

are they still processing up to 11th June 1015?

Yes, they process the applications in batches and the next batch has not yet been allocated. 

'We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 11 June 2015.'

The 143 visa applications are moving slowly, however at least they are moving.  The assessment date for onshore 864 Contributory parent visa applications have not moved forward since January 2018 - although these had reached a later date.

12 hours ago, JTN said:

Hi Kevin

Nothing as yet - still waiting.

@JTN that's weird, June lodgers have received their invitation 6 months ago, did you email IMMI to purchase up?

Regards

Paul

On 10/9/2018 at 12:28 AM, KevinLee said:

@JTN that's weird, June lodgers have received their invitation 6 months ago, did you email IMMI to purchase up?

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul

My son in OZ called them and was told that they still processing 11th June - must wait 3 or 4 months.

The person in our Forum, SKB , is the last to get a letter of invitation ( 18 / 09 / 2018 ) and his application is 2nd July 2015 so it seems that mine 10th July still in the queue. All we can do is wait and keep our fingers crossed.

Best wishes to all in the queue 

As we lodged on 18th August 2015 it seems they wont even look at our application before May 2019!!

53 minutes ago, bernadette24 said:

As we lodged on 18th August 2015 it seems they wont even look at our application before May 2019!!

Really? I am in October 2015 and was hoping with have mine granted in April 2019 the latest. 

16 hours ago, Maz said:

Really? I am in October 2015 and was hoping with have mine granted in April 2019 the latest. 

From current calculations you’ll be lucky to even have been contacted for medicals etc by then unfortunately. And anecdotally the AoS is taking around 5-6 months to process before visa is granted. So even Christmas 2019 would be optimistic. 

Edited by RYLC

We arrived in 2012 on the CPV 143 in 2012. Applied and got citizenship in  March 2018. If you are over 60 there is no need for the test

Just a heads up regarding the Form 80. When completing the citizenship application, you will need quite a bit of info from the Form 80. So the time you took to find the info for Form 80 completion is an investment in future use!

Keep a copy and bring it with you!

Edited by RichtB
added the last line
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JIG said:

Thanks for the encouragement RYLC😊

Just keeping it real... been through this myself with in laws. I sympathise but as a pragmatist, processing is really slow nowadays and it's best to know and plan accordingly. It used to be that once the AoS was requested it was just a matter of weeks. This part of the application has also blown out timewise. It's very frustrating I know.

@RichtB

Thanks for the heads up regarding Form 80. We've been in Aus for just over a year now and also plan to apply for citizenship when eligible in a few years' time.

I'll make sure to keep all my immigration files safe.

It seems that the CPV 143 allocations have slowed down a lot. All I want to do is encourage everyone to keep positive - it will all be worth while the wait. 

It's fantastic to live in a first world country and also be close to your kids and grand kids.

• Like 1

Hello fellow roomies,

Well, blow me down, this response from today's email to PVC :  1 day's progress  - just want to cry......😭😭

·        OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including (but not limited to) an Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 12 June 2015.

Without a doubt. Just 12 days away from my lodgement date and ever so far from being assessed

Edited by Onthemove