Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:14 AM, JTN said:

Hi All

Great Math skills DGT. I tend to agree with Dirkz because there are only 7175 visas issued per year ( July to June ) so as soon as the quota is full they stop processing until July of the next period. We do not know what number in the queue we are - it is a tough one. But we keep fingers crossed that we will not have to wait too long.

Best wishes to all  - take care  

Thanks JTN.I understand your take completely.

However,I struggle to grasp the real meaning of the "stop processing" idea.

What do they do with the application numbers 7176 and above? Does 7176 become number one etc?

How does this effect us if they are behind anyway? Wont they simply just carry on processing?....or is there a possibility that they will expect the "overflow" to re-apply and fall back in the queue?

On another note:

I was going through my "Parents" emails again and came across this one they sent me exactly one year ago,i.e.on 26 May 2016 ,

On that day (one year ago) they  were (almost) exactly two years behind.

Since then (26 May 2016)  they have progressed exactly 4.5 Months.

Sent to me :26 May 2016.

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

There are 7175 places allocated to Contributory Parent visa category in  the 2015-16 Migration Programme. 

Due to high numbers of  Contributory Parent visa applications lodged in May and June 2014,  processing times for these is expected to exceed 24 months   

Your application will be processed according to the order of lodgement date and once your application has been assigned to an assessing officer, they will contact you.  

Please be assured that the department will endeavour to finalize your application as quickly as possible.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 16 May 2014.

• Like 1

Hi DGT

Yeah, maybe " Stop Processing " is a wrong term - they will stop issuing visa in that 12 month period once 7175 visas are issued. I assume 7176 will become number 1 for the next 12 month period.  There is no need to re-apply - once your application is in and you have paid your first Vac fee, the confirmed lodgement date is the queue number.

We just have to hang in there.

Take care and best wishes to all  

• Like 1

Good Monday morning Roomies.

Hope you all had a great weekend and will have a great week.

We should be very very grateful that we are in the existing queue and count our blessings. It is taking a lot longer than we all initially thought but at least we are almost there. Let us all support and encourage each other and not over analyse the whole process because we actually do not have a clue how things have changed since Orphan's thread was started.

I certainly expect things to get worse for new applicants. So hang in there guys and gals. We are almost there.

Keep well and stay strong.

Regards

Elna

• Like 1

Good morning Roomies,

On Monday, 15 May 2017 my daughter received her telephone call (interview) from Centrelink and was very pleased to learn that she qualified with the AOS.  They advised her that she would receive a mail from them.  She received the mail on Thursday and went to Commonwealth Bank on Friday to arrange the guarantee.  She was advised by CBA that they too have to receive a letter from the department, which they had not received as yet.  She will be following up this week with the Bank.  ;):( 

Will advise you all as the process unfolds.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Ashmount.

I'm following your progress with eagle eyes! Our AoS was started on 21 April. Your updates give us a time frame to work with.

I notice that you waited more than 8 weeks since starting your AoS (17 March 2017) until you heard from them again (15 May 2017), despite the fact that they told you 3-6 weeks. We're taking notice of that.

According to information that I have, the assurer should have a letter from Centrelink which he/she has to take to Comm Bank to do the bond. I assume all one's case details and case number will be on that letter - the bond has to be registered against your visa case. I'll advise my son accordingly to make sure he has that letter before going to the bank.

Please keep on updating your progress. There's always extra information that we can gather from your updates.

Appreciated !

• Like 1

I am anxiously awaiting for the call for me to make the second visa application charge.

Dirk, your assurer will receive a letter from Department of Human Services and the subject matters reads " Bank guarantee now required". The names of the Assurees ( us the parents) and the date of their births are indicated in the letter.                     

The Assurer than needs to make appointment with Commonwealth Bank to apply for the guarantee. The Assurer will then be issued with a Bank Guarantee and an Acknowlegement of Deposit. These two documents must be provided to any Centrelink Customer Service Centre within 14 Days of receiving the letter from Dept of Human Services.

To recap our timeline on this matter :

16 February 2017 - Application to provide AOS was lodged.

28 March 2017 - Bank guarantee now required letter was received.

01 April 2017 - Bank guarantee with Commonwealth Bank sorted.

12 April 2017 - Centrelink acknowledges and accepts the AOS.

I am sorry if this is repetitive !

Regards to all,

Graham.

Edited by JaneandGraham
  • Like 2

Hi All.

Thanks for all the updates - even if it a repeat - keeps us informed.

Ashmount , it must be a great relief to be nearly there - the waiting has paid off. Good Luck.

Dirkz / Jane and Graham - you guys close behind so just be a little patient - hope that rest of things go quickly and smoothly - good luck as well.

Take care - stay positve

• Like 1

On 5/22/2017 at 7:26 PM, Ashmount said:

Good morning Roomies,

On Monday, 15 May 2017 my daughter received her telephone call (interview) from Centrelink and was very pleased to learn that she qualified with the AOS.  They advised her that she would receive a mail from them.  She received the mail on Thursday and went to Commonwealth Bank on Friday to arrange the guarantee.  She was advised by CBA that they too have to receive a letter from the department, which they had not received as yet.  She will be following up this week with the Bank.  ;):( 

Will advise you all as the process unfolds.

Can you share what they ask in the interview questions? 

• Like 2

Hi,

Sorry if this isn't the correct group to be posting to but a little desperate at the moment. We submitted the application for my folks in September 2016, so only 8 months in. Having submitted the email to parents@border.gov.au, it looks like they're processing Oct 2014 at the moment. We're incredibly worried as my parents have set aside just enough to cover the fees needed for the visa (~$70k) and as they're not too well off, they will be depending on us when they get this side, but my dad is killing himself just trying to keep themselves afloat that side. He is 70 and it's killing me seeing him struggling and worrying himself sick to make ends meet at their age and I'm scared they'll need to start digging into the money set aside for the visa. I know this is a stab in the dark, but just feeling a little desperate - is there nothing that can be done to either speed this process up for them or request a special consideration due to their financial situation? Any help or guidance with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

• Like 1

@acmac.

I have seen a new type of 10 year visa mentioned for parents. I have not really looked into it or the aged parent visa but perhaps you can contact any of the immigration agents on facebook group Aussiekaners or South Africans migrating to Aus and there are a few other facebook groups where agents give advice. Hope this helps. Have you explored all the options on this website? http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Brin/Pare

Edited by Elna57
  • Like 1

Processing update:

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 3 October 2014.
Also checked on the border.gov.au website. Stated that 75% will be processed in 34 months (last time I checked this was 33 months) and 90% 34 months as well. 
Sorry Roomies. We are collecting dust on these chairs. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, acmac said:

Hi,

Sorry if this isn't the correct group to be posting to but a little desperate at the moment. We submitted the application for my folks in September 2016, so only 8 months in. Having submitted the email to parents@border.gov.au, it looks like they're processing Oct 2014 at the moment. We're incredibly worried as my parents have set aside just enough to cover the fees needed for the visa (~$70k) and as they're not too well off, they will be depending on us when they get this side, but my dad is killing himself just trying to keep themselves afloat that side. He is 70 and it's killing me seeing him struggling and worrying himself sick to make ends meet at their age and I'm scared they'll need to start digging into the money set aside for the visa. I know this is a stab in the dark, but just feeling a little desperate - is there nothing that can be done to either speed this process up for them or request a special consideration due to their financial situation? Any help or guidance with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Ther is no way to speed up the process and there is no option to consider "special circumstances". Unfortunately Parent visas are the slowest to process. Maybe they can change their living arrangements in RSA to save money somehow?

Also not going to help that fees go up every year...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Elna57 said:

Yip.

The department has revealed 355 staff have gone from the visa and citizenship section since the beginning of the financial year

Just got back from a two month visit to my children and grand kiddies in Perth.All I can say is that these frustrations are worth the wait !..and we are fortunate to eventually actually live there permanently.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, acmac said:

Hi,

It is definitely worth talking to an agent especially if you presently have a Tourist visa withOUT a "No further Stay" condition.

It is not easy for us to fully understand the various issues as shown on the website.... e.g.Contributary AGED Parent Visa  804, 884 and  864. Speak to an agent.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 4:24 PM, JaneandGraham said:

I am anxiously awaiting for the call for me to make the second visa application charge.

Dirk, your assurer will receive a letter from Department of Human Services and the subject matters reads " Bank guarantee now required". The names of the Assurees ( us the parents) and the date of their births are indicated in the letter.                     

The Assurer than needs to make appointment with Commonwealth Bank to apply for the guarantee. The Assurer will then be issued with a Bank Guarantee and an Acknowlegement of Deposit. These two documents must be provided to any Centrelink Customer Service Centre within 14 Days of receiving the letter from Dept of Human Services.

I am sorry if this is repetitive !

Regards to all,

Graham.

Thank you Graham for the update and information. It's copied into my Immi Notes Folder and I'll update my son/assurer of the procedures.

Let us know when you are contacted for the 2nd VAC.

Good luck!

It seems that the time taken by Centrelink offices varies quite a bit. I assume it has to do with the workload at the specific branch. 

• Like 1

@Ashmount, @Dirkz, @JaneandGraham    super excited for you and wishing you all a most speedy visa granting!  You'll be spending Christmas with your loved ones across the pond. Great going :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Hello all roomies on this still lovely autumn afternoon,

Had another thought - wondering what the total financial figure is for the assurer?  I suppose it would be less for 1 parent being sponsored as opposed to 2 parents?  I've thus far had no luck in determining what that qualifying annual amount in earnings and assets is for an assurer.  Every financial aspect is taken into account when Immi does their calculation, but it would be nice to know what the grand (or minimum) number is they require (excluding the AOS, of course).  Does anyone perhaps know where and how I can find answers to this?

Thanks in advance - appreciate any insights. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

@Onthemove. Good question. Don't know whether this will help at all but have a look here: https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/assurance-support

• Like 1

@Elna57 many thanks indeed for reminding me of this ? I had read over this briefly a long while back yet couldn't glean any exact figures from it.  I can fully appreciate the time it takes to calculate the various categories of qualifying pointers - it surely is a time consuming task.  The info will  certainly be helpful to my son. 

• Like 1

@Onthemove. Yes our kids over there are so clued up on Aussie stuff. I am going for a quick visit soon. My poor old heart is missing him too much. He assured me that he qualifies as an assurer so I trusted him. I should ask him and revert to you how he calculated that. 

If I remember correctly, you still have a child in SA? That must be really hard having one here and one over there? 

I just want to get over there to find an actual job and contribute to the economy while I still am able to. 

Am so excited about the prospect that I can hardly think of anything else. Life is going to be good there. Going to walk and cycle a lot. Enjoy life and work hard. 

Where abouts are you going to? We are hoping Brisbane but will go where ever we can find jobs. 

Have a great Sunday and a blessed week.

@Elna57 thank you for your feedback and willingness to share. 

I share all your sentiments; it's really important finding a job and contributing as much as possible for as long as I'm able to. 

Am excited about the future with anticipation running high, yet my heart is heavy having to leave one son behind. Hopefully he too will find a way to join us, else he'll have visit us regularly and frequently :rolleyes:

They both want the best and I'm confident it'll be just that.  I do trust them whole heartedly. 

Am heading for Melbourne or wherever my son may be when I do get my visa granted. 

Am more than ready - assets have been liquidated and am squatting with my eldest, living out of 2 suitcases. The remaining possessions are in storage until I'm settled into a permanent job, but until such time will naturally take on any work I can find. 

Have a good week ahead. 

• Like 1

Hi acmac

Sorry about your dad - this process can be very stressful. I am not sure if the Immig. authorities will consider bringing your parent's application forward - however check with an Australian immigration consultant.

Because of limited funds and the exchange risk maybe you should transfer the funds to OZ when the exchange is favourable - like now.

The other way is to wait until the new type parents visa is introduced sometimes after July 2017. It is a 5 year @ AUD10000 or 3 year @ AUD 5000 visa renewable only once more. Only one set of parents per household / no balance of family test / have full health insurance in OZ / sponsor   ( financial guarantor ) must satisfy authorities / parents will not be allowed to work ( can help out family ). In this way your parents can be with you much sooner than the 143 visa route.

I hope all work out favourably  for you and your parents.

Take care

• Like 1

On 5/24/2017 at 10:21 AM, Marchhawker said:

Can you share what they ask in the interview questions? 

Hi Marchhawker,

I am not sure what questions they asked my daughter, but I know they told her that she qualified and that she should proceed with the AOS, she told us that she nearly jumped through the phone to hug the lady :D.

• Like 2

• Mara pinned this topic