Contributory Parent 143 Visa Support group

Elna57

Hi Guys and Gals.

I am trying to establish a new thread just for us Roomies to communicate and share our experiences without flooding Orphan's thread "NEW THREAD - 143 Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa - Tips and Other information".

I have no idea whether I am doing this right but I guess we will soon find out. :unsure:

As soon as I have a couple of replies, I will post our updated waiting list and we can keep up to date right here.

Hope to hear from some roomies soon.

Regards

Elna

• Like 2

@Elna57 - just wanted to say "well done" you have mastered the art of starting a new thread! :hug:

• Like 2

I've just found this document with processing times on it.  Borders say they will update it every month and the last update was 14 March 2017 so fairly recent:

https://www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

143 Visas are listed as taking between 32 and 33 months to process.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mara said:

@Elna57 - just wanted to say "well done" you have mastered the art of starting a new thread! :hug:

And she put the link in the old thread too.... :yourock: @Elna57 

• Like 2

Hi Benoni61. 

Here  goes ...................

Name Date Lodged CO Medicals AOS Police Clear 2nd VAC Granted
Ashmount 1 Oct 2014 25 Jan 2017          
Colgill 1 Oct 2014            
Dirkz 6 Nov 2014            
Elna57 25 Feb 2015            
Marchhawker 25 Mar 2015            
data 9 May 2015            
MomMuerte. 24 Jun 2015            
JTN 10 Jul 2015            
JIG 1 Nov 2015            
Benoni 61 13 Nov 2015            
Jarryd13 Jun 2016            
PatPar Nov 2016            
Bdupreez 20 Dec 2016            

Footnote 9 March 2017..... Dirkz mentioned that Immi is currently processing 22 Sept 2014.              

Have a great Sunday.

Kind regards

Elna

• Like 1

@Dirkz@Ashmount

Hi Roomies. Any news yet Ashmount?  Please keep us updated re forms requested , medicals etc. Have you got a case officer assigned to you already? 

Regards

Elna

Ok Roomies, so I came back from a week in the bush and found an email from PVC (Parent Visa Centre) sent to me on Friday.

Guess what, we've been invited to get our documents ready !  :ilikeit:

What a shock after more than 29 months waiting. 

A few remarks. I changed our address with Form 929 as well as our circumstances (parents died and son got married) with Form 1022 a few months ago but got no reply from them. In the email I got now, the changes have been made so take note that although they might not  acknowledge these type of changes, they do get captured to your file and you should keep them updated on changes.

The email from the PVC Team1 is headed: "Invitation to Commence Document Preparation...".

Attached are two letters: a Health Examinations List which includes my wife and I with our HAPP numbers to use for the medical examination, and a "Required for Assurance of Support" letter with detailed instructions for your assurer.

The request for documents include the following:

1. Police Clearances

2. Form 80 - Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment - if NOT already provided. {here I must admit that a lot of the info required in Form 80 is very much the same as included in our original application. I'll go through it thoroughly and see what is extra in Form 80 and then likely complete it but keep it back until our CO request it - which might not happen. That'a what Orphan did as well}.

3. Medical examinations

4. Assurance of Support. I've forwarded the attached info letter to my son in Australia to start arranging it.

From what I've seen with other parent applicants, they received their CO's about 5 weeks after they got the letter from PVC. 

So at this stage we can seriously start cleaning things and preparing to sort out the last formalities that need to be addressed.

We applied for our PCC in May last year and PVC will accept it for up to a year. We had Oct/Nov in mind for getting our visa. But when we noticed a month ago that our PCC might expire, we applied for new Police CC's 2 weeks ago and was notified to collect them last Thursday. 

So tomorrow I'll make the medical appointments and send the courier to collect the PCC's.

We will also transfer the 2nd VAC money into one of our kid's accounts soon so that he has it ready to send the bank guaranteed cheque to PVC when the visa is granted and they request it. That is the procedure PVC requires.

Will keep you all up to date on any new developments that may be of interest. :)

• Like 6

Oh wow Dirk!!! That is fantastic news!! So happy for you. Congrats and good luck. :D      

Fantastic news - congrats ? 

(MomMuerte)

• Like 1

@On the move: Ah there you are! I didnt know about the name change. Cool stuff. Glad to see you are still here :)

• Like 1

@Elna57  :) yep, still here. I figured a positive spin on the username could prove just that. 

• Like 2

@OnTheMove. Wonder whether I should try changing mine to "Almost There" ?

• Like 1

Hi Dirkz

Sorry, just one question - can you transfer this large amount of money to your son in OZ without Reserve bank  / SARS approval? I was under the impression that one could only pay via one's credit card. 

• Like 1

Hi JTN.

As per Exchange4Free website and you will also find more info on SARS website as well as SARB websites.

"Private individuals may utilize the below R1M Discretionary Allowance per calendar year:

• R 1,000,000 per adult - No SARS Tax Clearance Required"
  • Like 1

@Dirkz 

This is a quote from Orphan's thread and may well mean that you have been appointed to a case officer? 

CROSSING THE FINISH LINE

After 566 days, our own journey is now complete. All that remains for us is to close our bank accounts, say our final farewells, and get to the airport on time

However, it would be remiss of me not to write a final chapter about what happens after your CO is appointed. Although you will have gleaned quite a bit of information about this from the preceding four or five pages, it is worth summarising the events which follow receipt of that long-awaited CO letter.

1/ The Case Officer Appointment Letter

The first thing to know is that the so-called "CO appointment letter" does not actually exist. There is no grand announcement; nor are you provided the name of a Case Officer to communicate with.Instead, you will receive a standard emailed letter which starts

Dear __________________,

Request for Information  Parent Subclass 143 (Contributory Parent –Migrant)

I am writing about your application to migrate to Australia, which was received on __________20__, and which is being considered under the provisions of a Parent subclass 143 (Contributory Parent – Migrant) visa..........

And is signed simply - Parent Visa Centre, Department of Immigration and Border Protection

This letter lists the various bits of information that the Visa Centre requires from you and gives you 28 days to do so, although an extension can be requested. This list will change from applicant to applicant, depending on their personal circumstances. For example, if you haven't taken your medicals you will now be asked to do so. However, the following three requirements appear to be common to all:

Sorry I've been enjoying my last free time in our beautiful country and was not available to answer questions.

JTN, Elna has answered your question. To add I can just assure you that to get SARS clearance for more than R1m is about impossible.

As soon as one applies for clearance (above the discretionary R1m), SARS gets very difficult and start asking proof of this and that and every single cent where you got the money from that you want to take out. Maybe others have been more successful but we couldn't satisfy SARS sufficiently to get any clearance. 

So one is stuck with the R1m each. I do it through Exchange4Free and the only thing you need to do with them is to make a declaration that you have not exceeded your discretionary limit of R1m. They don't charge any extra admin fees (like the banks) when your amount is over R100 000.

Elna, I have read Orphan's experience and how his adventure unfolded. It is still a gem report on this subject and I've not found more detailed info than his on the 143 visa process.

It seems though that some procedure details have changed since his case got assessed. Also the time frames have obviously changed.

To answer your question about a Case Officer, it specifically states in the email I received form the PVC Team that our visa has not yet been assigned to a case officer, and that the next contact from them will be from my CO when my case is assessed. I assume either to ask for more info or just to ask to pay the second VAC if everything is in order (PCC, Medicals, AoS, Personal info).

• Like 1

On 4/10/2017 at 6:55 PM, Elna57 said:

Hi JTN.

As per Exchange4Free website and you will also find more info on SARS website as well as SARB websites.

"Private individuals may utilize the below R1M Discretionary Allowance per calendar year:

• R 1,000,000 per adult - No SARS Tax Clearance Required"

Thank you very much Dirkz - much appreciated

• Like 1

Hi Dirk. Cool stuff. Thanks for the info. Have a great and blessed Easter weekend Roomies. 

@Dirkz. Have you already been for you medicals? Please tell us what the whole process was like.

Regards

Elna

Ps. Absolutely! Orphan's thread is a gem. The best.

@Elna57, We could only get an appointment with the doctor next Wednesday. Their receptionist sent us an email with all relevant information, what we need to do and bring along. 

We are also to do our X-Rays before we go for the medical at the assigned radiologists. So we made an appointment for that for Tuesday. The fees involved are R950 for the medical and R1225 for the X-Ray (each), but that can differ with your case. 

In both appointments they required our HAPP numbers which we received in the email from PVC Team.

As far as I can ascertain the medical will be based on Form 26 http://www.border.gov.au/forms/Documents/26.pdf

One must also have a detailed list of chronic medicine with doses and duration, etc. They also ask for letters from surgeons for any major operations you had. I'm not sure about the latter but will take it as it comes. We are very fortunate not to be on any medication or had any major operations in the past 10 years or more.

As far as I know, the most critical diseases that may affect your medical negatively are TB and psychological issues. 

Will keep you updated. 

• Like 1

• Mara pinned this topic