Visa lodged March 2017

BarryHeyns

* please excuse the number of typographical/auto predict errors in the above!

@BarryHeyns yes it's not easy living in limbo - so many decisions to be made but too many "if's". Fingers crossed that we get responses soon.

@Leeloo44 oh you guys are already in Aus, that's great. Whereabout?

I am glad you are enjoying the additional peace of mind...

2 hours ago, Leeloo44 said:

@Pathfinder - we are in Melbourne. Where are you headed?

Not sure yet where we will end up, but we got relatives in Perth and Canberra. Most likely we will land in Canberra and then we will see what happens!

@Pathfinder we're busy packing up our lives. We're landing in Canberra at the beginning of September with nothing but four weeks of Airbnb accommodation booked :) Radical stuff. Perhaps I'll see you over there!

@BarryHeyns Hi Barry...I am new to the forum. Reading the threads it appears I am in the same boat as you and equally as frustrated....General Accountant 75 points......Application in on 16 March 2017, CO contacted 28 March, outstanding docs submitted on 12 April and not a word since. Hang in there....lets hope there is some news soon.

@AC2017 Morning, yes this process has now taken us almost two years. Life has been on hold since the day in October 2015 we decided to make the move.

We want to start a family, move into n decent house, plan ahead for vacations.. etc etc.. Can't wait any longer than Jul.

I see they granted a Accountant General visa on Immitracker, less points than us and submitted later.

Only conclusion I can make is that the grant process includes nationality or race.

@BarryHeyns you are on the very last step. Today is day 133 since your application. Surely now os not the time to "move on" from this process as the visa must now be close at hand. 

133 days is a long wait, but it also means that your case must be sitting very close to the top of the pile, regardless of race (surely not in oz???) or nationality (more likely I hope). 

It would be a massive disappointment if JUST before your visa is granted you buy a new home or wife gets pregnant etc and you delay your own immigration process much more than aus ever did. 

It is darkest before the dawn, the last day before your grant will be the most frustrating one. 

Good luck, hopefully that last day is close at hand for all of us.

(P.S. notes to myself as much as anyone else)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Karools said:

@BarryHeyns you are on the very last step. Today is day 133 since your application. Surely now os not the time to "move on" from this process as the visa must now be close at hand. 

133 days is a long wait, but it also means that your case must be sitting very close to the top of the pile, regardless of race (surely not in oz???) or nationality (more likely I hope). 

It would be a massive disappointment if JUST before your visa is granted you buy a new home or wife gets pregnant etc and you delay your own immigration process much more than aus ever did. 

It is darkest before the dawn, the last day before your grant will be the most frustrating one. 

Good luck, hopefully that last day is close at hand for all of us.

(P.S. notes to myself as much as anyone else)

Well said @Karools, I really hope this has encouraged you @BarryHeyns

22 hours ago, HonestPiney said:

@Pathfinder we're busy packing up our lives. We're landing in Canberra at the beginning of September with nothing but four weeks of Airbnb accommodation booked :) Radical stuff. Perhaps I'll see you over there!

LOL, deal. We will make a plan to see you there - but first can this Visa be granted please!!!

All the best with the packing and whatever follows, enjoy the experience (even though I'm sure there are some frustrations here and there).

8 hours ago, BarryHeyns said:

@AC2017 Morning, yes this process has now taken us almost two years. Life has been on hold since the day in October 2015 we decided to make the move.

We want to start a family, move into n decent house, plan ahead for vacations.. etc etc.. Can't wait any longer than Jul.

I see they granted a Accountant General visa on Immitracker, less points than us and submitted later.

Only conclusion I can make is that the grant process includes nationality or race.

@BarryHeyns looking at immitracker that application had been in for over a year if we are looking at the same one. We are still within four months since all docs submitted....so hopefully we make the cut for the 75% approved within four months....did you get your employment verified? I did not but submitted tax returns, payslips etc. They have not contacted my employer either which does make me nervous. But other than the one approval on immitracker there has been little action so hopefully they pick up soon. Holding thumbs for all....  

Someone correct me if I am wrong but @BarryHeyns... If your wife is pregnant there is no law that says you cant get your visas should they be granted. In fact, if the baby is born before you it can be added to the application and if born once in Aus it will have citizenship if the parents are permanent residents.

I don't believe there is any reason for you to not start trying for a family right now, perhaps no better time...

I think I have come across this topic on the forum before.

Hopefully I am right and please research before taking my advice :)

The only thing I would say hold back on is buying the house now, you probably don't need it before the baby is born anyway.

15 hours ago, AC2017 said:

@BarryHeyns looking at immitracker that application had been in for over a year if we are looking at the same one. We are still within four months since all docs submitted....so hopefully we make the cut for the 75% approved within four months....did you get your employment verified? I did not but submitted tax returns, payslips etc. They have not contacted my employer either which does make me nervous. But other than the one approval on immitracker there has been little action so hopefully they pick up soon. Holding thumbs for all....  

@LOL it is not as easy as that, I think when you sign all those declaration documents somewhere it mentions that if your medical situation changes before the grant or after the grant before activation you have to inform the DIBP about it. It is possible to start a family now and then apply for the child once born and go through this process again but it would really be a lot easier to have our children born in Aus.

We have decided to go on a month / maybe 2 month camping trip through Botswana and Namibia, forget about this shenanigans and hopefully when we get back we can pack our stuff and go, visa ready!

• Like 2

@BarryHeyns

A 2 month camping trip sounds like a brilliant way to say good bye to Africa!

I think you have to just carry on with life when you get back from your trip and if your wife happens to fall pregnant before your visas are granted, then like you say just inform DIBP and hopefully they will still accomodate all of you.

It might be a plan to give them a call and confirm directly with them what the process will be if that happens.

Enjoy the trip

8 hours ago, LOL said:

and if born once in Aus it will have citizenship if the parents are permanent residents.

This is not true. Babies born in Australia "inherit" their parents visa status. So PR parents have PR babies and all of them will have to apply for citizenship when the time comes. Babies born to parents on a temporary visa have to be registered with the home country of the temp visa holders. 

@BarryHeyns please research this carefully. A child visa adds significantly to the cost and time (another year or more) and personally I would not risk your own visa with the unfortunate situation of possibly having a baby born with a medical issue which could prevent ALL of you from migrating. 

1 hour ago, RYLC said:

This is not true. Babies born in Australia "inherit" their parents visa status. So PR parents have PR babies and all of them will have to apply for citizenship when the time comes. Babies born to parents on a temporary visa have to be registered with the home country of the temp visa holders. 

@BarryHeyns please research this carefully. A child visa adds significantly to the cost and time (another year or more) and personally I would not risk your own visa with the unfortunate situation of possibly having a baby born with a medical issue which could prevent ALL of you from migrating. 

Hi

I have always thought it was as stated by LOL. just checking on the website https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Life/Chil indicates the same.  an extract is below.

Children born to a permanent resident of Australia

Children born in Australia automatically acquire Australian citizenship if at least one parent is an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of the child's birth.

Children born outside Australia to parents who are not Australian citizens do not automatically acquire Australian citizenship, nor are they eligible for citizenship by descent.
See: Proof of Citizenship

Children born outside Australia to permanent resident parents will need to apply for and be granted a permanent visa to be able to enter and remain in Australia with their parents.

Most children born outside Australia to permanent resident parents will need to apply for a Child (subclass 101) visa.

All people who apply for a Child (subclass 101) visa, including applicants who are the children of permanent residents, must meet the eligibility requirements and pay the associated charges for the relevant visa.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BarryHeyns said:

We have decided to go on a month / maybe 2 month camping trip through Botswana and Namibia, forget about this shenanigans and hopefully when we get back we can pack our stuff and go, visa ready!

Have a wonderful time! I would love to do this but leave and cash flow has never allowed for more than 2 weeks. 

If everything works out we will be taking a 6-month camper van trip from Melbourn to Brisbain Auz... one Loooong LSD trip, sommer combined with our activation and move flight. 

• Like 1

Okay I guess rules have changed since my PR friends had their baby here some time back.  Just reiterates again how difficult this journey is with so many rule changes on every front. 

Thanks @Rhazo32, that's how I understood it too. (must have read it at some point, but couldn't remember where or when)

If that's what border.gov says, that's how they're implementing it at the moment. Like @RYLC says: Always gotta look at the most recent documents/info they have, because they do change it every now and again.

@LOL @BarryHeyns @RYLC @Rhazo32 I have a friend whose wife fell pregnant during the application process but before the visa was granted. They informed DIBP and who "paused" their application. They had to wait until the child was born, then get the relevant documents (birth certificate and passport), then add the child to the application and then finally continue the process. So that will delay the process by a year at least, so what @RYLC is saying is true...

2 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

@LOL @BarryHeyns @RYLC @Rhazo32 I have a friend whose wife fell pregnant during the application process but before the visa was granted. They informed DIBP and who "paused" their application. They had to wait until the child was born, then get the relevant documents (birth certificate and passport), then add the child to the application and then finally continue the process. So that will delay the process by a year at least, so what @RYLC is saying is true...

Hi

my understanding is as follows:  before a visa is approved, the above would be correct. The medicals would be halted, and the child added to the application. If a child is born after you have PR but before you physically move to Australia a secondary application has to be made for the child. However after a visa is approved, if you are in Australia as a PR holder your child gets citizenship and does not inherit your visa status as indicated.

10 minutes ago, Rhazo32 said:

Hi

my understanding is as follows:  before a visa is approved, the above would be correct. The medicals would be halted, and the child added to the application. If a child is born after you have PR but before you physically move to Australia a secondary application has to be made for the child. However after a visa is approved, if you are in Australia as a PR holder your child gets citizenship and does not inherit your visa status as indicated.

This is also my understanding regarding having a baby before and after the Visa is granted, I cant comment on the citizenship. However, there is no clarity on what happens  if you get pregnant after the Visa is granted. Surely this should not change the conditions and you can immigrate while pregnant? 

22 minutes ago, Rhazo32 said:

Hi

Sorry...for clarity, I was just talking about @RYLC's second paragraph about the possible delay if pregnant before the visa decision. Not the first paragraph  about the citizenship - that one you have a clear extract from the DIBP website and that is how I understood it as well.

Edited by Pathfinder
better wording

Not sure if anyone has seen this but the update on border.gov website for visa processing times has increased notably :(. As of end of June 75% of applications are being processed in 8 months, thats double what they had indicated before and 90% within 11 months. This is incredibly frustrating. Hopefully this means there is a substantial backlog and nothing else i.e. changes to requirements.  http://www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

Just now, AC2017 said:

Not sure if anyone has seen this but the update on border.gov website for visa processing times has increased notably :(. As of end of June 75% of applications are being processed in 8 months, thats double what they had indicated before and 90% within 11 months. This is incredibly frustrating. Hopefully this means there is a substantial backlog and nothing else i.e. changes to requirements.  http://www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

for visa 189

Just now, AC2017 said: