Visa lodged March 2017

BarryHeyns

Yay, we finally lodged our visa today after about 1& half years of trying to get the information sorted.

Date applied - 08.03.2017

PR 189

75 points

Accountant (General)

Me and my wife

PCC submitted 07.03.2017

Medicals still need to be done

Edited by BarryHeyns
  • Like 6

Hi @BarryHeyns, this is great news. Good luck with the waiting room.

Haha this is the worst waiting room ever.

They don't even play those crappy music you listen to in other waiting rooms... All you get is Assessment in progress :wacko:.

but congrats on the lodgement anyhow. its a stressfull time but youll plough through it. All the best

• Like 1

Now that the March thread has been started: We lodged our 189 application on 07/03/2017, 65 points with my wife as main applicant (secondary school teacher). The application is apparently being handled at the Adelaide Processing Centre. Police clearances were received by the SAPS on 09/03/2017. Medicals have been booked for 17/03/2017.

Good luck to one and all.

• Like 1

I learnt today that we have been assigned a Case Officer. PCC's are still pending at the SAPS.

Enige nuus van julle kant af @BarryHeyns ?

No news yet!

PCC's done today

Medicals booked for Monday 20.03.2017

Everything should be done and dusted by end of April, then we can only wait for Aus immigration.

Got some feedback today, the following info requested:

1. PTE Score should be sent to them via the Pearson website - Done today

2. Employment reference letter required for one of my employers - Done today

3. Medicals for both me and my wife - Did our medicals on Monday, so should be uploaded by the end of next week max.

Seems like they have gone through the rest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Medicals uploaded today

I had some complication in my medicals, let's hope it's ok for Aus!

Especially today when our president made his intention very clear for this country.

Hi All

Thought I would chime in with the the March lodging group :)

Here's my timeline so far:

Oct 2016 - Decided to make the move 

18/11/16 - Contacted migrating agent , 

7/12/16 - Submitted skills assessment to EA (Engineering Technologist)

10/12/16 - Sat IELTS

22/12/16 - Positive IELTS Result (L 8.5, R 8.5, W 8.5, S 9) 

18/01/17 - Positive skill assessment result from EA

6/03/17 - Lodged EOI (189 visa - 75 points) 

15/03/17 - Invitation received (occupation ceiling reached.....close one!) 
17/13/17 - Applied for PCC's

24/03/17 - Visa application lodged

29/03/17 - Completed medicals

31/03/17 - Received PCC's and medical results

Edited by matthewf

Urgh this wait is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have this message on my medical submission, should I be worried:

Examinations ready for assessment – no action required

The required health examinations have been completed and submitted by the panel clinic to the department. This person's case will be processed or referred to the department's migration medical services provider, Bupa Medical Visa Services, for further assessment

My wife has this message

Health clearance provided – no action required

(12808000)

All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime.

Why would they be different?

Looks like your wife is clear and your results are being sent for further assessment. If you know what the complication is, perhaps ask if someone on the forum has had a similar experience. Hope all goes well. 

@BarryHeyns the exact thing happened to me. My wife and daughter received the health clearance and I received the examination ready for assessment. Did you ever receive any feedback on what the difference was? I informed my agent who told me that if it says no action required then we can submit our applications.

Hunts, since I posted that my status has changed to the exact same one as my wife, they did not request anything or ask any questions.

Not really sure what happens or what it means, maybe my case is different I don't know.

Have a look again in a week and see if it's still the same.

Okay I'll just wait and check in a few days. Thanks for the quick reply. My agent did say that I will be fine if it says 'no action required' (which it does) but I was just interested in knowing what the difference between the two statuses is. 

If your doctor didn't mention anything, I don't think you need to worry.

I read somewhere that they perform random checks on some application and if all is good they just continue. 

The wait is killing me....!!! 

I check again this morning and my status had changed to Health clearance provided – no action required. Glad that is behind me now!

• 5 weeks later...

So I'm on 2 months of waiting now - lodged on 9th of March and kinda hoping to have an answer sooner rather than later! I want to fly come June/July Hols! all medicals, Police clearances and the lot done... 

We are in exactly the same boat, lodged our application on 8 March.. heard nothing yet! The wait is really horrible! Life stands still until you know the outcome!

• Like 1

I have yet to see a single person being declined on this forum in the year or so that I've been on here.

If your medical went through without a hitch (you'd know, the doctor would have phoned you to say if they found anything to be concerned about) you will get a grant.

• Like 2

I was wondering about that, @ChrisH - good to know!! 

Thanks Chris! I honestly hope so, really excited to get the process of moving over started now!

Hi All

We are fairly new to this blog.  Have been reading through the posts and the information that you all post is really, really valuable and re-assuring to say the least.

:yourock:

I'm writing on this thread as it is about immigration 2017 and hope that together we can help each other see the next months and year through.

My husband @Vanbros was bitten by the immigration bug in April this year and life is now not the same.  We are serious about relocating to Oz.  I am a school teacher with 22 years experience in teaching 10-18 year olds.  My teaching practice of 50 days was completed within my four year Bachelors teaching degree with age groups 13-18 year olds.  Although I qualified with my degree in Primary Education, 3 years of this degree was Secondary school teaching.  We recently met with an agent that some members on this blog speak highly off, and was told that my teacher qualification is not an issue so long as my teaching practice was done in the 13-18 year group.  Any thoughts about this?

I am 44 and my husband is 46.  So in terms of age, we need to go full speed ahead in order to claim points for me.  I turn 45 in March next year (Times when you suddenly wish you were born later!). He is a qualified refrigeration and aircon mechanic but is currently working as a Facilities Manager.  The agent also told us that because of age, my husband will not be suited as primary applicant and that I have the better chance of the visa as it is on the SOL, which is now changed to MLTSSL.  We are looking at visa 189.

IELTS test is booked for July, only then can I send my qualification to AITSL for assessment.  Please comment or advise if we are on the right track and if there are things we should be doing in the meantime to facilitate the process.  We have applied for unabridged marriage certificates in April. We have chatted to 2 reputable MARA agents that come highly recommended on this blog.  Now toying with who to go with.  Will definitely use an agent either way as I don't want to mess anything up with silly mistakes that we would not have known to rectify because of lack of experience on our part.

Thank you all.  Best wishes to all those who are on the brink of getting their visas awarded and to those who, like us, have just started, fingers crossed!

On 09 March 2017 at 10:14 AM, HonestPiney said:

Now that the March thread has been started: We lodged our 189 application on 07/03/2017, 65 points with my wife as main applicant (secondary school teacher). The application is apparently being handled at the Adelaide Processing Centre. Police clearances were received by the SAPS on 09/03/2017. Medicals have been booked for 17/03/2017.

Good luck to one and all.

Hi @HonestPiney looks like I'm going the same route as you.  How long did AITSL take with your assessment? Could you perhaps post your timeline so newbies like myself would have an idea of the waiting process. Thanks ?

Hi All,

Has anyone in this March group received their visa grants yet?

PCC received: 10 January 2017

EOI: 14 March 2017

Invitation: 15 March 2017

189 appl lodged: 29 March 2017

Medicals done: 14 April 2017

Now waiting in anticipation....

Nothing yet

189 application lodged on 8 March

All info ready for decision on 10 April

Still have not heard anything, our agent mentioned that he has about 12 pending cases. Something has really slowed down the approval process.

I am on 75 points for Accountant(General) which should be at the higher end of the candidates so I am not sure what is holding them back.