Don't Live in Melbourne West

dlmonnink

For anyone moving to Melbourne, something that people don't say often enough is don't live on the West. This generally means anywhere over the Westgate bridge which links the west side to the rest of the city. There is cheaper housing there but it comes with it's problems, least of which is the horrendous commute over the Westgate bridge to get to work.

The Sudanese refugees have been given housing in the west and are causing massive problems from theft, assault, muggings, hijackings, grand theft auto, joy riding... the list goes on. The joys of spending fortunes to get into Australia legally while these clowns row on over in a boat and get everything and more for free and then ruin the place for everyone else.

Anyway, link below to their latest shenanigans, which is change from them beating up little old grannies.

Gang of youths storm Vic music festival

@dlmonnink wow, what a broad field... nowhere on the west? Come on... get real... what about the South East, all the way up to Brighton... the Apex gang is everywhere, east and west. You actually have to look at areas that they have not yet targeted, mainly north east and north west (except for Craigieburn, Caroline Springs, Melton). There are no guarantees, but there are definitely areas that I would not wish to live in, either east or west. In my humble opinion you cannot rule out a whole area for people. Some have not much choice as they need to be closer to their work areas.

I live in the North West and areas I would stay away from in the West are Caroline Springs, Craigieburn and surrounds, Point Cook, and Werribee.

I cannot really comment about the east, I will leave it to those living there to do so.

My suggestion is, do your research, ask the questions on the forum about the suburbs you are interested in, you will be sure to get pretty good information.

Edited by Mara

Most of the people I work with live in the West and all areas have been affected. Geelong, Point Cook, Caroline Springs to name a few but everyone has had a story of random attacks, cars being broken into in broad daylight and houses being robbed. Heard of 2 break-ins in brighton area and nothing as of yet in the east. Yes I specified the west as the whole area as that is where apex mostly operates and all my info has been first hand accounts of people living all over the west that have either been attacked or robbed. People move here for a better life, I think it's worth it to let them know where they are an easier target. Haven't heard anything about the North so didn't comment. I'm just passing along the info that people tell me or that I read in the news. It serves as valuable info for those doing their research.

Where we live in the far far east it's news on the community forums if a bike goes missing. Last week a lady was shocked to find that somebody had stolen an iPad from her house in the middle of the day. (I suspect her house was not even locked) But I can't comment on areas outside of our immediate neighbours.

Dandenong is probably the worst affected area, but there have been incidents from as far south as Frankston, north to St Kilda and the city, and north to Craigieburn.

Yes, Melton does have a lot of Sudanese living there, so the areas I mentioned before, are areas I would avoid.

I accept that you have first hand knowledge from the people that work with you, but there are definitely still areas that have not been affected by them at all.

So, once again, check out the actual area you are interested in living in and do not go with a blanket remark "that the West is bad", as people will not necessarily define betwheen south west, west and north west....

Those Sudanese were becoming quite a big problem in Melbourne. I hope Vicpol and the justice system there manages to sort the problem out. Last I read a lot of them were being deported because of the seriousness and repetitiveness of their crimes. 

• Like 1

I am sure they will sort it out. The fact that they are deporting those that are committing the crimes is awesome. Amazing how people take advantage of a once in a life time opportunity.