EOI waiting time

Bruno

Hi :)

Very new to the forum!

I thought I would pop a post about where I am in the process. I submitted my EOI for 189 visa on the 19th December 2016 for occupation ID- 2212 (Auditors) with 70 points. It seems that as the occupation is on the pro-rata list, waiting time seems to be 70+ days?

I have managed to pull all the required documents together for when/IF I get an invitation. I think this must be the most stressful and emotionally exhausting time EVER!

I have heard that there is speculation about auditors coming off the SOL in the 2017-2018?

Anyone else in the same boat?

Edited by Bruno

Hello Bruno, i am not in the same boat, however i have heard there is a 2 month backlog on the invitations so i am also waiting anxiously. Every time there is an invitation round, i check my emails literally every 2 mins

Hi G2OZ,

Thanks for the reply- I thought there was a backlog.

I guess all we can do is wait - so much anxiety!

Good luck, and hope you get your invite soon :) 

Hey, got my Invitation yesterday......Super stoked!!!!!

• Like 1

Do you know what is the waiting time for Accountant (General)?

75 points for 189

80 points for 190

• 1 month later...
On 29/01/2017 at 0:52 PM, Bruno said:

I have heard that there is speculation about auditors coming off the SOL in the 2017-2018?

Anyone else in the same boat?

We are in the same boat, submitted our EOI with my husband as lead. Software engineer, 75 points total. Problem is software engineer is already >75% full for the year, and will probably be removed from the list in June/July... So yes very stressful since allot is "on hold" till we get the invite...

Have you had any luck?

Do you know how the invite rounds work?

With 75 points he should get invited in the next round.  They are still very far from removing software engineer off the list, I think they allocate something like 7000 visas to software engineer yearly, they will reduce this number year on year first before removing it off the list all together.

Hi @Fidjet, unfortunately haven't had much luck as yet. I am hoping that it will be sometime soon.

I agree with @ChrisH, 75 points is a lot so you shouldn't have to wait too long. My sister had 75 points, and she basically got her invite the next day ( I suppose it does vary with occupations). The invitations are every 2 weeks, and the next invitation round is on the 15th March.  I have heard that if you have more than the required point score, you usually move to the front of the line.

Did you go through an immigration attorney? I have heard that it is faster, and there are some ''loopholes'' and they can somehow get you to the front of the line faster? I have done all the work, just wanting it to move a bit faster...because this uncertainty is a killer.

Holding thumbs for you :) 

I have read that invitations are based on the point score, then on the date submitted. Anyone have an idea when is the best time to submit an EOI to get  to the front of the queue based on date submitted? I aim to submit for a 189 on the 1st of April.

Edited by CharlesH

There is no way to "beat" the queue. It is one continuous line being fed with applicants from all around the world. There is no trophy either - only a dunce prize for missing out due to quotas or changes to the visa system. Look at what has happened almost overnight to unsubmitted applications to Western Australia. Sorry to sound harsh but this "winning" thinking will not serve you well. Just get in the queue, buy a patience hat and get on with enjoying the last of visiting RSA people and places.  Your visa will come through when it comes through. Sometimes they are fast and sometimes they are slow but eventually it will come. Note too that you need to be IN the queue to be unaffected by changes to visas. Until you get a visa, the safest place to be is in the queue so rather be safe than sorry. 

Edited by RYLC
  • Like 4

On 12/03/2017 at 8:13 PM, Bruno said:

Did you go through an immigration attorney?

Nope, we are going at it alone. And thanks for the thumbs, gridlock with yours.

@ChrisH that is good to know, takes some of the stress of.

3 hours ago, CharlesH said:

I have read that invitations are based on the point score, then on the date submitted. Anyone have an idea when is the best time to submit an EOI to get  to the front of the queue based on date submitted? I aim to submit for a 189 on the 1st of April.

Look at it in terms of queues per occupation code per point allocation.  

For instance Software Engineer will have 85, 80, 75, 70 and 65 points queues.  

New entrants go in the back of their respective points queue.

On an invitation round they will start at the highest points queue and start inviting until its empty, then go to the next queue, etc etc.  They do this until they reach the allocation for that week (I think they average the yearly allocation by the amount of invitation rounds in that year).  This means that the queue for applicants with 60 points might sometimes not even be touched if there happens to be very high point applicants around.

In other words, the only way to "jump" the invitation queue is to have more points than the majority of people in your occupation group.

• Like 4

@ChrisH, best explanation I've heard so far!

I updated my web page yesterday with the 1st March 189 invites  http://www.taylormadeimmigration.com/DaystoInvite

Just to echo some of what RYLC has said:

• you have to be in it to win it (and for some people that may require a decision of whether to take the risk, especially those with lower points scores it is probably worth looking at the realities)
    • the earlier you are in it the more people you are in front of in the pile
  • it ain't over until the fat lady sings (there are no grantees and changes can happen to legislation and policy over time - Western Australia and the change in the Skilled Independent visas equivalent to the 189/190 in 2009 spring to mind)
  • if you are low down the queue it is worth looking to see if there are alternatives that may assist (although be aware that anyone who can is also doing so)

Unfortunately the system is not without risk. 

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Quick question, we have submitted our EOI for NSW for visa 190 end of June. Does the invitation system applies for this as well, or is it only for 189? 

Just curious in terms of timelines to get some feedback. Waiting almost a month now, and the waiting to hear is stressful!

Thanks

Hi @Sunet

It all depends on how many points you have when you lodged your EOI. The higher your points the quicker you should get your invite. Example : My wife is an accountant we applied with 60 points originally(189 VISA) and waited 6 months without any news. The reason for the wait was because on average only accountant with 65 points and above were invited ....the following year our points increased to 65 because my wife gained another year's worth of work experience and we also applied for the 190 NSW VISA which earned us an additional 5 points : 60 + 5 + 5 = 70 we received our invite 3 weeks later after we reached the 70 point mark.

It is worth your while to have a look at your industry and see on how many points applicants receive invitations. If there is a way to increase your points it is always worth while exploring.

Sterkte!

Geite

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sunet said:

Hi Everyone,

Quick question, we have submitted our EOI for NSW for visa 190 end of June. Does the invitation system applies for this as well, or is it only for 189? 

Just curious in terms of timelines to get some feedback. Waiting almost a month now, and the waiting to hear is stressful!

Thanks

NSW can invite at any time (they do not have set dates like the 189) so it is anyone's guess how long it will take.  They do tend to look at higher English scores (after points of course).  I've had my EOI  (NSW 190 and 189) in since the 4th of April.  Holding thumbs for a 189 invite within the next one or two rounds.

18 hours ago, Sunet said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks

NSW can invite at any time (they do not have set dates like the 189) so it is anyone's guess how long it will take.  They do tend to look at higher English scores (after points of course).  I've had my EOI  (NSW 190 and 189) in since the 4th of April.  Holding thumbs for a 189 invite within the next one or two rounds.

Hi @Sunet,

One of our immigration agents on this website normally posts the results her name is @TeeTMI.......Might be worth following her posts :) or ask her ?

Cheers

G

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Geite said:

Hi @Sunet,

Here is the link http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil#tab-content-2 just click on invitation rounds.

Cheers

G

They haven't been updated yet for the invitations this year.  A few issues with SkillSelect after the occupation list changes.  Hopefully it should be updated soon.

For general occupations (not Pro-rata) they were running quite quickly last year.  I have a graph  http://www.taylormadeimmigration.com/DaystoInvite

I am expecting a bit of a blip initially, and then it will be interesting how things proceed from there - I am expecting a greater demand for the 189/190 this year following the recent changes to Employer Sponsored Visas which have impacted many people negatively and the new visa stream.

• Like 1