Melbourne Picnic 2017 Saturday 25th February @ Bundoora Park

FromDurbs

Note: Park Access is FREE!

We will be going to the free public section, not the "Farm" section. In case anyone follows the link and looks up Admission fee. I phoned them and they confirmed it's free for the general park, including picnic areas.

• Like 2

I have also reached out to forum members that previously attended, hope that a number of them will decide to attend...

I have also made an entry to the calendar!

Edited by Mara
  • Like 1

We're in - Emma and Neil - haven't been to Bundoora before, so gives us an opportunity to explore more :D

• Like 2

@Mara and @RedPanda I have been following this thread avidly as I was looking forward to our first picnic immensely but unfortunately my husband and daughter have commited to a life saving course which together with my sons nippers puts us on the beach the whole day Saturday for the whole of February.

I will be looking out for the next one so please keep us posted.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank both of you for all the help you give new Melbournians.

• Like 2

Hey @JackoFam, keep it up! Thanks for letting us know. :) 

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

@LeonH has already RSVP'd for us, but I just wanted to add that I shared it on the South African moms/wives in Melbourne Facebook group - there are some people there that are keen, but I think are not on this forum. They're asking if there is a Facebook 'Event' set up for the picnic so they RSVP on there? 

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

• Like 1

@Tomme I will leave this for @RedPanda to answer as she organised the facebook messages with @Oosie I think.

We look forward to meeting everyone there. You can tell the others they do not have to RSVP, they can read the link here, and see if there are any updates, they do not have to be members to read the forum, just to post anything.

When the forum is first accessed, look down the left side, find EVENTS, then VICTORIA, the thread will be the first one in that section.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tomme said:

Hi everyone,

@LeonH has already RSVP'd for us, but I just wanted to add that I shared it on the South African moms/wives in Melbourne Facebook group - there are some people there that are keen, but I think are not on this forum. They're asking if there is a Facebook 'Event' set up for the picnic so they RSVP on there? 

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I think to avoid confusion, and a possible scenario where info gets updated here but not elsewhere, I would appreciate if you just shared a link to this thread on Facebook. If you click on the little grey icon in the top right corner of a post (any post, they all have them) then you can share a link to that specific post with any number of suggested social media platforms.

I am in favour of spreading the word about the picnic everywhere, but giving the info only here. Any South African in Melbourne is welcome to attend the picnic, if they are not on the forum they can:

• RSVP via a friend that is
  • join the forum (I promise, I have NEVER been spammed by SAAustralia)
  • Not RSVP, and just surprise us :D we aren't going to do joint catering, so it's really simple: bring your blanket and good attitude and join the company ;) 

Of course it's good when people respond cause that attracts more people :) 

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Great :D seems like it is coming alive.... I do hope we have a great turn out.

• Like 1

The countdown has begun.... the easiest way to find us, is as follows:

GPS or Maps

Fairway Drive, Bundoora (will take you to the entrance) from Plenty Road

Turn right onto River Red Gum Ave (we will try to signpost it from there with RSA flags).

@Oosie and @Tomme we would appreciate it greatly if you could also give these directions to those people on your facebook forums. Thank you.

Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 2

This sounds like fun, I cannot wait for the next one. My family and I fly 26th March so unfortunately this one is out for us :(

Righto everyone, 11am tomorrow, we expect you at the park, please remember your chairs, blankets, food, drinks and DO NOT FORGET a hat and something warm the weather says 20 degrees and some wind!

The countdown has begun.... the easiest way to find us, is as follows:

GPS or Maps

Fairway Drive, Bundoora (will take you to the entrance) from Plenty Road

Turn right onto River Red Gum Ave (we will try to signpost it from there with RSA flags).

• Like 2

Yup-yup, it's all correct. We'll be waiting for you at the park. Here is a map for those who prefer pictures:

MelbournePicNicMap.jpg

• Like 1

.                                                To all those who attended, thanks! :D 

• Like 2

Thanks to RedPanda and GenDemo for their first picnic! You did well guys, lovely site you picked and especially the early time you got there to do so. I think everyone that attended had a good time. So thank you again and well done! :D

• Like 3

• Mara unpinned this topic

Thanks Red Panda, GenDemo and Mara

Had a great day out - thanks all great to see everyone. 

Mara your delicious cake was the subject of discussion on the way home (I think I need to beg the recipe from you).  

I was chatting with a couple of people about Instant Puddings - just checked and the poor cousin to the Moirs instant puddings we found here was Cottee's Instant puddings.  You can get Moirs at some Coles (unfortunately not ours) or South African shops.   

For anyone living near Bentleigh there is a discount shop (close to the rail crossing) that often has South African products from ProNutro to Maltabela.

Edited by TeeTMI
Bentleigh spelt incorrectly
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, TeeTMI said:

For anyone living near Bemtleigh there is a discount shop (close to the rail crossing) that often has South African products from ProNutro to Maltabela.

Also adding thanks to the organisers and hosts and it was great to have met some of you on Saturday .

@TeeTMI thanks for the Bentleigh shop info - I pass it every day going to and from  the station but have never popped in !

• Like 1

thanks everyone for organising, good day out meeting some fellow saffa's

Thanks TeeTMI, will look out for it if we're ever near Bentleigh. We're fortunate that our Woolworths and Coles in Point Cook stock some SA goodies, like Mrs Balls Chutney, Rooibos tea and a few other items. 

Thanks to Mara for the tour of Sunbury on Sunday too

• Like 1