Melbourne Picnic 2017 Saturday 25th February @ Bundoora Park

FromDurbs

Just in case you start here and perhaps get confused, we were going to have it at Jells Park, but then decided to move it to Bundoora Park instead.

Bundoora Park

1069 Plenty Road

Bundoora

http://www.bundoorapark.com.au/Page/Page.asp?Page_Id=63&h=1&p=1

Edited by Mara
Just wanted to show where the picnic is, in case people get confused with reference to Jells Park.

We can try. It just received very little interest before Christmas.

• Like 1

@RedPandaJust a suggestion, as last time we tried Albert Park, to make it convenient for everyone who uses public transport, and there was no interest, I think we should perhaps choose a different park. Albert Park can have problems with parking, for those coming with cars.

Here are a few:

http://www.bundoorapark.com.au/

and if it rains we can head off to the Bundoora Hotel in Plenty road, (where we have met before)

http://www.mrsc.vic.gov.au/Council_the_Region/Things_to_See_Do/Natural_Attractions/Hanging_Rock

we have had a meeting there before, turned out to be great. If you want one of the pergolas, then you may have to call and book it.

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/parks/dandenong-valley-parklands/things-to-do/lake-area

we have had a meeting there before, many years ago though.

https://www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/elp/

Emerald Lake Park, how could I have forgotten that? @RedPanda this should be close to you and if you do all the hard work, you should be rewarded!

Obviously, if you want a shady spot, you may want to get there early, take the paper and have a breakfast barbie, we would be happy to join in.

Check them out, perhaps there is something you like!

Edited by Mara
Just added another option!
  • Like 3

I do hope that those of you residing in Melbourne are going to be supportive of the effort that @RedPanda is making to arrange the picnic and support her with your presence.

We will be there and any date will suit us, thank you!

I'm keen, but we only arrive on 19/2...

Hi guys! (and girls, and goblin-creatures, or whatever you choose to be) :P 

I'll start this off by asking if either the 11th Feb, or the 25th Feb would suit you?

If those dates are not good, please suggest other ones. Whenever suits most people will win out. :D B) Don't be shy about it...

25th as well!

Hi All, sorry I've been a little busy of late. So, the arrangements:

25th February it is! (and Jells Park, until people ask for something different ;) )

So now for the location, here is a map of where these places are, so I am going to ask for some input regarding them. Personally, I think Jells Park and Bundoora Park look rather central.
[Starting top left, then following the blue line: Macedon Ranges, Bundoora Park, Jells Park, Emerald Lake Park]
At this stage I think it's a sage bet to go with @Mara's suggestions, since I don't have children, so I don't always know if a park will be suitable for kids.

Let me know what you think.

ParkMap.PNG

Edited by RedPanda

I am happy with any of them, but yes, I would say Jells Park, or Bundoora Park, would be the most central for everyone!

@RedPanda we also need to establish a time... say 11h00?

Jells Park or Bundoora park suits us as well. 11 am sounds like a good time Mara. ?

• Like 2

Melbourne Picnic in the Park

25 February 2017
Jells Park (or Bundoora, if people speak up and request it)
11 am - over luch time - till you want to leave

Please let us know if you are coming :D 

• Like 2

We're in, see y'all at Jells Park then...

Just doing a head count, this will let us see how many are joining us!

RedPanda & GenDemo

Oosie & Hubby

LeonH & Wife

Mara & Hubby

I am not sure whether the South Africans just do not wish to meet, or whether the wrong date or day or place has been chosen... We still have plenty of time, to make changes, but then you would have to tell us what you would like.

Come on guys... be kind and friendly.... I know of picnics where there were 300 of us!

• Like 1

@RedPanda @GenDemo @Oosie @LeonH @TeeTMI @Odendaal @FromDurbs     after a discussion with RedPanda, we have decided to move the picnic to Bundoora Park, as that is perhaps easier to reach for a lot of people, especially those that may have to use public transport. Hope that suits all of you. I will be changing the heading of this thread to reflect the new venue.

If there is anybody else that wishes to attend, if the Saturday does not suit you and you would prefer the Sunday, then please let us know.

I do hope that some more people indicate their intention to attend. Please post here if you are planning to attend, then at least we know the numbers we are looking at!

Edited by Mara
  • Like 2

That sounds good Mara. Looking forward, I will talk to a few SAfricans, maybe they would like to join us. ?

• Like 2

Thank you @Oosie for also sharing it on the Facebook group. I hadn't even thought of that. :) 

• Like 2

Thanks for putting it up ;) @TeeTMI

• Like 1

Yes please! Myself (Marilyn), hubby (Graham) and baby would love to join in on this event. Would be great to meet all the peeps who have given us so much help on the forum. Such a kind thing to do. Not sure how I missed this section of the for before but I didn't even know it was here until someone shared it on a Facebook group.

• Like 2

Yeha, we have solicited a few more "joiners" - that is great news.... I would say that it is on then!

1069 Plenty Road

Bundoora

http://www.bundoorapark.com.au/Page/Page.asp?Page_Id=63&h=1&p=1

@RedPanda you may wish to think about how we will go about finding each other.... it is a pretty big park!

Edited by Mara

6 hours ago, Mara said:

@RedPanda you may wish to think about how we will go about finding each other.... it is a pretty big park!

Like good little expats we will start a WhatsApp group, and drop a pin! Well, that is one option. I'll have a look at the park layout and see if we can put up a picture or something, a few days before the meet. And I'll just ask @Oosie and @TeeTMI to share the picture where they put up the Facebook invites, or if all the invites link to this thread, then it'll be fine to have instructions here. [We'll sort it, don't worry.]

• Like 2

@RedPanda I just knew you would have a plan! :D:D:hug:

Edited by Mara
To add smiley faces and hugs!
  • Like 1

• Mara unpinned this topic