Visas Lodged DECEMBER 2016

MvR89

Put it out there @JonathanR

Look at rentals in Oz and have family/ friends here in SA as back up in case you need a place to sleep for a few days :D

My hubby doesn't want to put the house on the market until the visas come through. With the current market, it could take months ...... *sigh* 

• Like 3

Yes @Husky that's an idea. Our house has been on the market since June last year, so yes, it can take ages. I figured, if we had to move out early then it can only help us have rental references from SA. Here's hoping we get our respective Grants.

• Like 2

Update time: PCC's just cleared and are ready for collection.  Will drive our there tonight after gym and scan later for our agent

Update 2: PCC's in hand and sent to agent.  All docs requested by DIBP now supplied.

Edited by Enigma
Updates
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Enigma said:

Update time: PCC's just cleared and are ready for collection.  Will drive our there tonight after gym and scan later for our agent

Update 2: PCC's in hand and sent to agent.  All docs requested by DIBP now supplied.

Just make sure the date stamp on your PCC is clear. My first one was so light it didnt even come out when I scanned the docs, even at 600dpi quality. Good luck and all the best going forward. 

My application marked "complete" with medicals submitted & PCC (with maiden name) uploaded on 21/12/16...

Mine's a 489 with NSW state sponsorship.

Holding thumbs...

• Like 1

@JonathanR that is hectic. You making me nervous for me  ?. Wow!

Question all wise ones : can I click information provided button in immiaccount if I have uploaded all docs required but medicals ate still in progress? I won't be able to upload medical anyway? Thanks 

22 hours ago, MvR89 said:

Just make sure the date stamp on your PCC is clear

Good point, double checked, one is a bit light but still clear enough to make out the date.  Out of curiosity, you mention your first one, did you then have re-apply for a PCC just to get a clearer stamped version?  That would be awful!

I do have another PCC being cleared anyway - was the initial one I did at the police station - which took far too long to reach PTA.  Decided to go direct and glad I did.  Issued in just on 12 days.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Good point, double checked, one is a bit light but still clear enough to make out the date.  Out of curiosity, you mention your first one, did you then have re-apply for a PCC just to get a clearer stamped version?  That would be awful!

I do have another PCC being cleared anyway - was the initial one I did at the police station - which took far too long to reach PTA.  Decided to go direct and glad I did.  Issued in just on 12 days.

I just applied for an updated one and asked the courier company to double check the stamp when they collect the second time. All was good :)

• Like 1

Hi Everyone 

So just an update... I check tonight and the entire families medicals are all clear! :D Thank the good Lord! 

So everything was uploaded and i clicked the "Information provided button" - And i have about a 1000 thoughts of did i upload everything after i clicked the button. This process has a way of making you second guess EVERYTHING you do! 

So any idea what the average time to hear back from anyone in the black hole of OZ VISAS? 

Best of luck to everyone waiting for feedback, contact, visa grants. 

• Like 3

I have read 6 to 8 weeks mostly, but have seen anything from 1 day to 1 year.... from my own little research project I have gleaned that on average 1 month and a week or two after that the next contact from VPO happens either giving the final decision or asking for more information.

The majority seem to hear between week 3 and week 7.

We are currently at week 4 going into week 5 now.

...waiting is tough, your mind will play all sorts of tricks on you... try to keep distracted and not overthink it.

• Like 2

WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO FOR 6-8 WEEKS ??? I have been checking my immiaccount twice daily in the 1st week! :lol:

• Like 2

Eish- join the club! I am today on 21 days since our button was pressed...feels like FOREVER!

• Like 1

Been over 46 days here - I would be lying if I said I wasn't anxious about the outcome.  No matter how much preparation put into the process - one always second guesses every document and correspondence - replaying scenarios and working on contingencies. 

Unfortunately I've always over-planned so this sort of wait doesn't help :P

• Like 1

Waiting is horrid! No patience for this waiting nonsense, lol! We are 68 days since lodging (21 days is since providing all the requested information) so it's enough already... but they say 3 or 4 months, so they could keep our little December group hanging until April... man I wish I'd tried for a direct grant!

Hey everyone,

@MichKen I'm quite impressed with your little research project there, does that timeline start at date of lodgement or once all requested docs have been submitted, I'm assuming it's the latter?

We submitted our daughter's passport details, along with Form 1022 last week Monday, 30 January, but have not heard back from them yet, so just waiting for them to add her to our application, and for them to give us her HAP number so that we can do her medical, which according to the doctor is minor and won't take long at all, but that's the last thing on our to-do list before our application is final(the rest of our medicals are all clear and have been submitted already).

We've been checking in with our agent regarding updates regularly, poor guy... But all this waiting does do crazy things to the mind, as much as you try to keep yourself busy with other things...

I'm certain there'll be some positive movement within our group shortly!

Hang in there everyone!

• Like 1

Hi @Chezzy 

this is from submitting all documents and advising the VPO accordingly, so once your status changes to "assessment in progress" on the immiaccount.  So it's from the latter, as you correctly said.  From lodging is deceiving because of the many variables in this in terms of how long it takes for people to get everything together, etc.  even so the visa and career seems to impact somehow.  Disclaimer: Of course this is just my own opinion and I'm not an expert at all!  This is how I keep my mind occupied because it feels like I'm doing something about it (control freak tendencies, lol).

wow what a process for you! But it seems you have it all well in hand and well under control. I wish you the very best for this!  I swear these agents must be of the most patient people on earth! Thank the good Lord for them!

We hope to move by the end of the year and to settle in Adelaide!  Hoping for Christmas in Adelaide!

• Like 1

Alright then my wait isn't that long yet, that was 46+ days since initial lodging not excluding the docs.  Last one produced 31 January 2017 - so there's a hell of a wait left for me ;-)

Priority of skilled migrations are processed in order of:

1.) RSMS Applications +- 6 months

2.) ENS Applications +- 6 months

3.) SMP Applications (SkillSelect 190 & 489 +- 3 months and GSM 475, 487 & 886 +- 12 months)

4.) Skilled Occupation List (SkillSelect 189 & 489 +- 3 months and GSM 487 & 885 and a host of others +- 18 months)

5.) All others are processed after 1-4

https://www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/skilled-migration-visa-processing-times

So realistically for my 190, looking at hearing back from them before 30th April.  I am also personally planning to exit end of May 2017 soonest.

• Like 2

Sjoe @Enigma, hopefully not that long... hopefully you hear sooner than that, like tomorrow would be good, lol.

The reality is many don't post at all about timelines so it's really difficult to tell anything for sure and also so many inconsistencies for no obvious reason, each case is so different and people definitely don't share everything.  Like I say I have seen anything from one day to a year...

• Like 1

Thanks, @Enigma for those processing dates. Kinda easier when you know you're still within the "threshold"... my agent said: "anything from a few weeks to a few months". Talk about deliberately vague, and for good reason, I'm sure. Agent asked if immigration had got hold on my ex to confirm his consent (for my sons), and no, not yet... 

Decided to put a metaphorical "lift this flap on 21st March" on my waiting room anxieties (and all the immigration concerns and plans that go with it). Thanks guys, glad I connected with this group! Safety in numbers..?

Hugs, K

Edited by kvh
tag
  • Like 2

Movement at last, Our Visas were granted yesterday :jester:. For those calculating, we submitted the final medicals on 4th January.

NAME             VISA APPLICATION DATE           VPO CONTACT                      ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED                        VISA GRANTED

MvR89                 01/12/2016 - SC189                          n/a                                                               n/a                                                      21/12/2016

JonathanR           02/12/2016 - SC190                    12/12/2016                                                    Medicals                                                 07/02/2017

MichKen              02/12/2016 - SC489                     12/12/2016                              PCC, Medicals, Employment Evidence                            tbc

Chezzy                14/12/2016 - SC190                      13/01/2017                                                   Medicals                                                      tbc

RussellJ              23/12/2016 - SC189                           n/a                                                                n/a                                                    16/01/2017

Enigma                23/12/2016 - SC190                           n/a                                     PCC, Medicals, Employment Evidence, De Facto           tbc

JJDLmoving        28/12/2016 - SC189                    23/01/2017                   PCC, Medicals, Employment Evidence, Husband english          tbc

Edited by JonathanR
wrong month
  • Like 6

Congrats!!!

• Like 1