Visas Lodged DECEMBER 2016

MvR89

Welcome and well done @Chezzy. All the best with your Visa applications and the new family member joining you soon.

• Like 1

Notification received yesterday that our PCCs are completed, so now I guess we have our activation deadline date.  Now it's just the medicals (and the small matter of the birth certificate) and we are done, points evidence wise.

On the topic of unabridged birth certificate - our agent said that the requirements for a birth certificate to be valid (from Australia immigration perspective) is that both parents names must appear on the certificate, so we do need this document for my husband in order to complete this application.  My agents are highly reputable on this forum and I believe many forumites have successfully used their services to get through this, so I tend to trust them when they say this is required, I certainly don't want to go against their advice.  So we HAVE to get this now...  ? I am considering scheduling emails to send on hourly repeat to the DHA with copies of all documentation until we get somewhere, have already sent 5 emails in 12 hours to the call center, copy the ministers office and the director general directly.  Maybe they will get sick of me and issue it just to get rid of me ?

Our deadline date for all documents to be at our VPO is 09/01

Good Luck @MichKen , hope you guys get the birth certificate soon!!

Updated list to include Chezzy:

NAME             VISA APPLICATION DATE           VPO CONTACT                      ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED                        VISA GRANTED

MvR89                 01/12/2016 - SC189                          tbc                                                                 tbc                                                          tbc

JonathanR           02/12/2016 - SC190                    12/12/2016                                                    Medicals                                                      tbc

MichKen              02/12/2016 - SC489                     12/12/2016                              PCC, Medicals, Employment Evidence                            tbc

Chezzy                14/12/2016 - SC190                          tbc                                                                tbc                                                           tbc

• Like 2

That was quick! Wow well done!!!! So happy for you!

• Like 2

How wonderful. Congratulations @MvR89

Out of interest, what occupation and how many points did you have?

Awesome @MvR89, Congratulations :jester:. Really nice to see the first grant on our short list.

Updated Christmas List ;)

NAME             VISA APPLICATION DATE           VPO CONTACT                      ADDITIONAL DOCS REQUESTED                        VISA GRANTED

MvR89                 01/12/2016 - SC189                          n/a                                                               n/a                                                      21/12/2016

JonathanR           02/12/2016 - SC190                    12/12/2016                                                    Medicals                                                      tbc

MichKen              02/12/2016 - SC489                     12/12/2016                              PCC, Medicals, Employment Evidence                            tbc

Chezzy                14/12/2016 - SC190                          tbc                                                                tbc                                                           tbc

Hi everyone,

Proud to be joining the Artful Lodgers crew for December!

Visa lodging took place this morning.

Wishing you all expediency and success!

Merry Christmas.

MvR89                 01/12/2016 - SC189                          n/a                                                               n/a                                                      21/12/2016

RussellJ              23/12/2016       tbc      tbc      tbc

• Like 1

Hi Everyone! 

WOW i never thought i would be joining a VISA LODGED group!!!! YAY!!! SO EXCITED!

We managed to sneak in for DECEMBER and submitted our 189 visa on the 28th Dec. 

Will be back home from KZN holiday (maybe our last) in Jan and will sort out the rest then. 

If you can advise what the next immediate steps are that would be amazing. We have applied for PCC, have not loaded any docs, have not booked medicals. 

Butterflies in my tummy :unsure:

Thanks everyone and all the best of luck!!!!

• Like 2

Hey @JJDLmoving, Welcome to the Dec group. It is an exciting time but basically if you have done everything else then all you need to do is your PCC and medicals. You can do your medicals as soon as you get your HAP numbers, which if you are going through an agent, they will send to you. If you are agentless then you can search the forums for the steps to get your HAP ID. I would also recommend getting on top of form 80. It is a rather large optional form that lately seems to get asked for every single time, so rather get it in to try and avoid a delay.

Hoping for a successful visa application for you.

• Like 2

@JonathanR - Thanks for the reply. 

We are agentless which has been very stressful but more affordable. :huh: 

I have looked at the form 80! Quite a detailed form indeed... 

I will search for the HAP ID threads. I am a little stressed about this as my daughter is ADHD, special needs school and on hectic meds! I am also type 2 diabetic but this is pretty much under control. 

Anyway - one day at a time and counting all our blessings at this time! I have faith that the lord will lead my family down the right path! 

All the best!

• Like 1

So medicals done today ?

Was really anxious for some unknown reason but Dr Cobb was really sweet and kept it moving quickly! Nothing at all to be nervous about in the end was really standard and professional.

So now all evidence submitted and we await our visa outcome.....

• Like 3

Medicals completed today at HatMed. Hopefully all is well, will know in a couple of days i guess.

Waiting on that PCC...applied on Dec 28 2016...hopefully this week. Come on Seabiscuit!

• Like 2

All documents are finalized and submitted and the status on our IMMIAccount now reads "Assessment in progress"....

So worried something is going to blindside us here and go wrong :unsure:

Does anybody know how long this part takes more or less?

Fabulous @MichKen

Hear you about worrying about what could go wrong, but if your Medicals are clear and your points are accurate, there shouldn't be any issues.

Now the waiting piece that will test your patience no end. We submitted everything and have had the "assessment in progress" status since 2 December. A lot of people speak about 28 working days, which we hit today. Still no change to our status ..... I am not sleeping with this weighing so heavily on my mind.

P.S. We're applying for a 190 (Victoria). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Husky said:

which we hit today. Still no change to our status ..... I am not sleeping with this weighing so heavily on my mind.

hope you can get some rest, I'm so very sure it will be any day now!!!

• Like 2

@Husky you must have developed the patience of a saint by now.... it can't be easy - I am 2 days into waiting and want to pull my hair out already!

i wonder though if perhaps those who have to wait so long aren't the ones chosen for verification?  I see some get it picked up and granted so quickly and others wait a month or two before it's finalized.

17 hours ago, MichKen said:

All documents are finalized and submitted and the status on our IMMIAccount now reads "Assessment in progress"....

So worried something is going to blindside us here and go wrong :unsure:

Does anybody know how long this part takes more or less?

the amount of times I "re-read" documents and tripple checked everything cause I was so concerned that I would get blindsided really added alot of stress into the whole process for me. :-):D

• Like 1

@FingersCrossed thanks sounds soooo familiar ? ...then still obsessing if they were okay afterwards....

my stress comes in with the fact that my employment points are for experience from 2006 to 2012 and I'm so worried that this causes some problem somehow if they select me for verification; like some lazy HR person not being willing to check an old system or look in the archives if they call to confirm employment (I say this having been in HR for 20 years....)

My agent says I should not worry about it.... but I am literally loosing sleep over it.

Hi @MichKen - I also wouldn't worry about it. I dont see DIBP declining you a visa just because someone in SA is to lazy to confirm employment. I am sure that there are certain things that make a application get flagged for Verification and I highly doubt that you would have raised any flags. 

Dont loose sleep over it - at the end of the day if they cannot verify something - they will contact you and give you 28 days to provide documentation or proof of something and you can then take it from there. "No news is good news" is probably the best thought that we should keep in our minds for the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1