Visas Lodged Oct/ Nov 2016

Husky

Welcome @Nickyvd

Anyone else lodged Oct/ Nov? My update:

1. Case officer assigned today - request for PCCs and Medicals as well as proof that my 18 year old is a dependent.

2. Going for our Medicals in Rosebank tomorrow.

3. Had my daughter's fingerprints done at SA embassy and Medicals at IOM office last week when I visited her. Professional, quick and painless. What a pleasure.

4. Plan to drive through to Pretoria to drop off our PCC applications this week.

5. Did create our own ImmiAccount and tracking movement.                                Another few steps forward B)

Daughter excited and happy about the move .... Shoo, lucky thing that.

• Like 3

Good luck with your medicals today.

We still waiting patiently, all our docs are in (incl medicals and PCC),  just no case officer:mellow:

• Like 3

Direct grant was our aim, just wish it can happen now! Need to book flights and sort out container:blink:

The most frustrating is that people that lodged after or same time has C/O's or grants already. But we'll try and wait as patiently as what we can, it will happen eventually.

• Like 1

@Husky I am so glad that your daughter is happy about the move, I was hoping that would be the case. I can only imagine how tough it must be when a family is divided about the decision. How old is your daughter if i may ask? I hope your medicals go well today!

@jjschnetler the wait is tough :unsure: I hope it comes soon.

Medicals done today. We decided to go with the blood TB exposure test for our 5 year old son. On advice from the doctor we got an emla patch, that helped a lot for the pain and used some distraction techniques, so it went less traumatic than expected. So now on to the final waiting phase :)

Medicals done today as well @HopefulJo. All went well despite feeling rather anxious about the whole thing. 

@jjschnetler Hope you get that direct grant. I haven't seen any grants for people who lodged in October yet. My understanding is that for a 190 it can take up to 3 months. Hear you about the waiting ... This process certainly teaches one humility and patience.

@Nickyvd Thank you. She just turned 18. Luckily has an adventurous, curious nature.

Glad it all went well @Husky.

I believe the 189 is also 3 months, so all it means to me is the longer it takes to grant, the less time I have to sort out flights and container.

The puzzling bit on the grants is the timelines. From the other groups I'm following, one was lodged on 6/11 and granted 15/11. So who knows what is going on:)

I thought that this wait would be the easiest, but it's proving to be the hardest. The waiting for two skills assessments and English test results was a breeze in comparison.

• Like 1

@jjschnetler was saying the same to myself this morning. Each time I think: if we can just cross this bridge I can breath, but as it continues breathing seems to become more and more of a luxury....

Migration is not for cissies! Constant state of conscious incompetence .... 

My OH went to get his fingerprints done today at a police station near his office. Was told you have to apply at a station in the area you live AND have proof of residence. Feeling rather ignorant as we did not know this. Just putting it out there for others still needing to do get their PCCs.

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

@Husky - I didnt have to provide any proof of residence when I did our applications. All I had to take was our passports and I also took a certified copy of our marriage certificate (wasnt needed) and we got everything done at the police station in 25 minutes.

@Husky that is definitely not a requirement.  I live in Centurion but did my fingerprints at the Sandton station.  My wife went on a separate day in Centurion.

I swear some get a sick pleasure out of sending people on a wild goose chase.

• Like 1

Same here, first time we arrived at 14:45, was told the cash office won't help us as the are closing up. Just very weird as the sign on the door says payments from 8-15. Was also told we had to come back as we didn't bring proof of residence.:angry:

The following week we arrived at 14:00, paid and did the fingerprints, didn't even look at proof of residence.

Maybe they forgot to drink their happy pills the first time.<_<

Hey guys.

Thanks for creating this thread! Im new to this whole posting thing. We are a family of 4, 2 small boys aged 4 and 6. Doing 189 skilled PR visa... hoping to be in Brisbane by Jan 2017. High hopes probably :D lol

Our timeline looks as follows:

EOI submitted 24/10

Invite received 26/10

Police clearance application 25/10

Application for visa lodged 1/11

Medicals and received PCC 10/11

CO appointed 14/11

All requested docs submitted 15/11

Now we WAIT ? 

Who though waiting could be such torture!?

So we have heard from about 8 out of 10 of our friends who recently immigrated that they received their visa within 2 to 3 weeks after submitting final docs... great odds, so we r hoping for the same. Are we being unrealistic?Given our time frame we feel like everything has gone so smoothly and happened so fast up until now.

Just some advice... we used a company called LPS in pretoria for our PCC. Was so painless and quick and paid R600 pp. The lady is Ronell Opperman 0720497673... the guy is Steven Opperman 0825668365

We did medicals at Hatmed... its a one stop shop and fast and efficient.

Anyways, sorry about the long message. Just excited to share this with people who have experience with the nerves im feeling right now ?

• Like 2

@Chantel

Good luck with your wait, a few of us are in the same boat here. From what I've seen and what a lot of agents say is that it takes about 28days after you have submitted all your requested documents to case officer. Keep in mind there are no exact answers. Some people on the forum have submitted in August and received in November.

Personally our timeline is exactly the same as yours, yet we are still waiting for contact. We are also hoping to fly out in January, Adelaide, but we have to wait and see.

Out of curiosity, was your medical appointment at Hatmed about 13:30 perhaps? Remember seeing a family (as you described) on the 10th of November doing their medicals.

Edited by jjschnetler

1 hour ago, Chantel said:

So we have heard from about 8 out of 10 of our friends who recently immigrated that they received their visa within 2 to 3 weeks after submitting final docs...

The last two grants on the forum took about 5 weeks from submitting docs to receiving grants, but there are always the cases that move quicker.

47 minutes ago, jjschnetler said:

@Chantel

Good luck with your wait, a few of us are in the same boat here. From what I've seen and what a lot of agents say is that it takes about 28days after you have submitted all your requested documents to case officer. Keep in mind there are no exact answers. Some people on the forum have submitted in August and received in November.

Personally our timeline is exactly the same as yours, yet we are still waiting for contact. We are also hoping to fly out in January, Adelaide, but we have to wait and see.

Out of curiosity, was your medical appointment at Hatmed about 13:30 perhaps? Remember seeing a family (as you described) on the 10th of November doing their medicals.

Yes we were there on 10 November around that time. I think you guys came in after us.

Small world.

Thanks for the feedback Chris we will have to just wait and see.

Luck of the draw I guess.

Edited by Chantel
Wrong spelling

Welcome @Chantel

The waiting is tough.

Our medicals were uploaded and all clear. Sigh of relief. Now just those pesky PCCs. Went to our local police station this morning only to find that they do not do PCC fingerprints on a Thursday. Seriously?

The cop on duty also confirmed that you have to register for a PCC in the area you live. So conflicting information. Anyway, not taking any chances, so going back again in the morning.

@Husky you seem to be able to stay calm and take it in your stride, well done :rolleyes: 

I'm sure one day we'll have coffee on the other side and look back on this with a smile

8 hours ago, Husky said:

they do not do PCC fingerprints on a Thursda

Ag no man @Husky, next they're going to say you need to do the fingerprints by doing cartwheels over the piece of paper!?!?!

Haha. Keeping my eye on the prize and trying to stay positive. It doesn't help getting aggro with people. They just retaliate by making it more difficult.

@wonderer Never mind the coffee, we're sharing a bottle of fabulous Australian wine! 

• Like 1