Visas Lodged Oct/ Nov 2016

Husky

Hi everyone,

Starting a new thread for everyone who has lodged their VISA applications in October and November 2016. We lodged today. Cannot believe we are at this point. Still have a long way to go. Lets keep each other posted and share any news. Stay positive and keep moving forward.

Husky

• Like 2

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎20 at 1:25 PM, jjschnetler said:

Our EOI is in, should get invite next week :) As soon as that happens we are lodging!!

hi jj.

pardon my ignorance, you submitting 189/190?

all the best to you guys.

Well done @Husky and all the best while you join the wait :) 

All the best to everyone lodging in Oct & Nov ;) 

• Like 1

Medicals booked for 15 November in Rosebank. Anyone else with experience there? Still need to apply for PCCs and also find more IRP5s. 

Agree with @Addy31 , pretty straight forward.  It does take a good 2 hours or so due to the X-rays being across the street so you wait in that waiting room as well.  Prepare for 2 hours then anything quicker is a score.

• Like 1

Thanks guys :D

To add a little complexity, flying out to visit my daughter next week and have booked her medical for the 10th. Getting fingerprints done at the SA embassy. Oh yes and then there is the little matter of telling her about the big move. Expecting a positive, excited response. Holding thumbs. 

• Like 1

@HopefulJo

Not sure about that. I remember reading somewhere about someone who had kids doing it on separate days. Best to ask the doctor's rooms.

On another note, from reading it seems it is quicker, easier and certainly cheaper to deliver the PCC forms to Pretoria yourself and then go collect them over a weekend. Can anyone corroborate this? Or is using a document assist service better?

@Husky

I used the postnet Pretoria CBD (Christa) for our PCC, they charged R700. Didn't want to drive up and down three times. Even with marriage certificate included, they still forgot the maiden surname hence the three trips.

On another note, I see your medicals are also on the 15th :P   Might bump into you there depending on your time, ours 15:00.

@Husky I delivered and collected our PCC applications in Pretoria. It was really quick and fairly painless. Don't go by yourself as the parking is a bit of a mission. There is a parkade, but I had to climb 3 sets of deserted stairs that felt a bit scary and then you get to the middle of the centre and I think you have to cross the street. To collect: hubby dropped me right in front of the door - drove around the block and we were both in time for me just to jump in. Didn't que either time and I think they are open 24/7.

Thanks guys

Haha @jjschnetler Our appointment is at 14h15. Will see you there. 

Just changed our medicals from Rosebank to Hatmed. Going to do it on Thursday the 10th.

Rather one trip to PTA than three to Rosebank. :P

Our Case officer has been assigned, just waiting for PCC now and doing medicals next week, the 16th Of Nov. 

• Like 1

Funny thing, I was going to ask yesterday if anyone has been assigned as C/O yet. It look like it takes about 2-3 weeks to get one if I look at IMMI tracker. We doing medicals tomorrow, hoping to have everything done before our C/O is assigned and get a direct grant. :):)

• Like 1

Medicals done:) Now we sit and wait :ph34r:

Must say that it wasn't to bad at Hatmed, arrived at 13:50 and finished at 15:20. Quite quick

• Like 1

Hello Oct and Nov peps. :)

We lodged 1 Nov and are having our medicals done on the 17th Nov at Rosebank.

We have done our fingerprints but our agents are organizing our PCC on our behalf.

All the best everyone.

Good luck everybody! It is an agonising wait but so worth logging in one day and seeing that Finalised status.

Not sure if everybody is aware of this, but if you go through an agent you obviously don't have an ImmiAccount yourself.  You can actually create one for yourself and import your application into it using the references on the lodgement invoice.