Citizenship test preparation

Robbie_P

Hi All,

This week we will be applying for our Australian Citizenship. I'm sure that there are many of you who have done it, so perhaps you could provide some info on what happens on the test day and how do i go about preparing for my test?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Robbie

Well, this was a while ago, so disregard any comments about taking the Horse powered cab to the venue, and wearing a topper ....

I was in charge of everyone's documentation. We had to bring everything along, along with certified copies.

Each of us had an envelope set up by Dad with everything in.

We were called in separately (kids alone). We met a very nice lady in a cubicle, and everything went swimmingly. A photo was taken as well.

We were than taken into a computer room, where we did the test. We got our results almost immediately and got letters saying we were accepted within that week.

Do a few practice rounds by doing an internet search - Here is an example   I didn't use these guys, but they were close to the top of the search results for "sample AU citizenship tests"

Don't worry, they aren't trying to trick you - they want to find out what you know of the country and its institutions, rather than whether it was the 4th of April or the 6th when Donald Bradman was born.

This test is easy-peasy! I believe it's more of a language/comprehension test than any thing else...

The actual test looks 99% the same as the practice test available at (http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Citi/pathways-processes/Citizenship-test/Australian-citizenship-test-resource/Australian-citizenship-practice-test)

I think 90% of my questions came out of their examples questions to...

Hi,

We recently wrote and passed our tests followed shortly by the actual ceremony.

We did a few of the online tests that are available (for free), someone borrowed me a book that I paged through and that was about it.  Hubby scored 100% and I made one mistake.  Our children are too young (7 and 10) and did not have to accompany us to the test venue or be interviewed.  Interview was only to verify the originals of our documents (proof of address).  Couldn't be easier.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just some info for those waiting for citizenship - applied 21 January, just had an email to confirm interview and test on 20 September. 

• Like 1