Good value nursery

elleneo

Can I have some recommendations of good value nurseries in Sydney? We looking to revitalise the garden and don't want to pay ridiculous Bunnings plant prices.

thanks in advance

@elleneo

I actually find Bunnings offer pretty decent value for money RE plants, the problem is they are not always the healiest specimens, but they have a refund policy, I think it's 1-year from date of purchase, if it dies, they'll refund you.

Plants in general are expensive in Aus. For indoor plants IKEA offers a small, but inexpensive range. Flower Power has the widest range, frequently have specials and joining the club earns points you can redeem off your next purchase.

The best value though is often market stalls, there are normally 3-4 sellers at the a Organic markets in Marrickville, I once bought a beautiful and rare succulent that was $70 at Bunnings for $30 there.

Cheers

Matt

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elleneo said:

Can I have some recommendations of good value nurseries in Sydney? We looking to revitalise the garden and don't want to pay ridiculous Bunnings plant prices.

thanks in advance

Rule of thumb (in my experience and especially if you want larger plants) is that if you go out of Sydney a bit, the nursery's rent is less and therefore the plants are more affordable.  I bought some large native shrubs (Lillypilly family mainly) last year and drove out to Dural.  They even had a special on, so it came in quite cheap.  The boys stuffed it all in my car somehow and I made it home in one piece.  Tip: if you have lots of big holes to dig and other hard labour to be done, dont let your husband do it and give himself a permanent injury, get a backpacker or student (perfect age 20) to do it.  Look on gumtree or ask around.  

http://www.hargravesnursery.com.au/

• Like 1