Subclass 600 visitor visa

sianvz

The length of the visa is based on age. Can't remember the cut off but over a certain age they only get one year and need medicals each time. It's a standard thing across ALL nationalities. 

Edited by RYLC

@yvettebetty that's great news! Good outcome and sounds like it was worth the medicals!

@Yuvi Sorry I'm not sure how they decide how long the visa is valid for, didn't even think they would give anything more than the 3 months I requested

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again

An update on my mom's visa:

Applied on 11 October

Biometrics done on 15 October 

Then I slipped up, so am posting to advise others!!!

The application said "information requested" for ages. We weren't in a hurry so weren't concerned. When I looked the other day, I noticed a button for "information provided" and realised that I should have updated the application once she had gone for biometrics. I assumed that it would automatically be updated when TLS did the biometrics, but this is not the case.

Information provided on 14 November  

Visa granted 16 November 

3 years validity, entry for up to 3 months

Worth noting that it was impossible to make an online appointment for TLS Durban, so my mom just pitched up and was assisted, though it was very busy with others who could not make appointments online either.

Looking forward to her visit and hope all of you on this thread are keeping well and enjoying you family visits.

Cheers

Dill

• Like 2

I do not think the visa duration granted is based on their age nor is the medical requirement as my parents are both still under 60.

Did 2 rounds of visitor visas for parent in the last 6 months. one 3 months and one 12 months. The requirements for the visa is solely based on the length of stay selected.

• Like 1

Questions...if your parents request a 12 month stay instead of 3 months, would medicals definitely be requested?

Those of you whose parents went for the medicals, what did it cost?

What is the cost for the biometrics?

Thanks heaps!

Edited by Aneldari

1 minute ago, Aneldari said:

Question...if your parents request a 12 month stay instead of 3 months, would medicals definitely be requested?

Those of you whose parents went for the medicals, what did it cost?

What is the cost for the biometrics?

Thanks heaps!

My MIL has been here a number (3?) of times on the 12 month visa and there has never been a medical, as she is under 75. A friends mum is arriving next week on a 1 month visitor visa and because she is 76, she hnad to go from Mosselbay to Cape Town to go do her biometrics and a medical. Bio was R800 and medicals was R900, if I remember correctly. Its just a once over by a Dr that has been ok'd by the Aus government. No funny business.

Hi Aneldari

From Yvettebetty's posts, it seems that a medical is now required for a 12 month stay. It may have changed since Rozellem's MIL visited, as Yvettebetty's parents are also under 75.

Biometrics cost just over R800 (TLS website will confirm) and need to be paid in cash, in the exact amount.

My mom just got the 3months/3 years visa and I also have no idea how they are allocated as my dad was only granted 2 years earlier this year.

Both under 75 (so no medicals), mom retired but Dad still working (provided salary details and letter from his employer). That was the only difference between their applications.

Hope this helps,

Dill

• 3 months later...

Interesting 

We applied recently while my MIL is in Australia (maybe not the best move as it was much more costly!), she is only 63, and it was an application for an extension as we'd like her back in over a month to help us move. She has been asked to submit medicals and chest xrays, I hope this is because they will possibly grant her a 12 month visa this time??

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys

Does anyone know if anything can be done to ensure a longer term 600 visa? My parents have visited last year and want to come more frequently. Instead of applying every time do you know if anything can be done to get a 3 year multiple entry visitor visa?

Thanks

Hi Yuvi

My mum got 1 year on her first 600 and 3 years the second time. My mum submitted the first one in South Africa and I did the second one online from here. Just about everything was the same, but the online system requested previous Australian visas as well as visas from other countries and copies of the stamps in her passport. I assume they wanted to see that she had returned to South Africa after previous trips. You can only stay for 3 months at a time (multiple times) on a 600, so pointless asking for more time unless willing to go through medicals (even if they're still under 75). 

Worth noting that my mum's second visa has an 8503 condition attached, which means "no further stay" - i.e. she can't apply for any bridging or other visas while she is in Australia. 

I'm sorry this isn't more helpful! It's possible that meeting the requirements of a previous visa(s) is in their favour and they will be granted 3 years, but you never know with the DIBP.

Cheers

Dill

• Like 1

Hi Yuvi

My husband and I applied for visa's last year and they were granted as a 3 year multiple entry visa. This was the 2nd time we applied. The same applied to my parents, also granted 3 year multiple entry second time around. Im not sure if this is standard nowadays or if it is based on any conditions. 

:) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2016 at 6:10 AM, yvettebetty said:

Recently applied for visitor visas for my parents.

We chose to apply for a 12month one although they will only be here for the December holidays.

Reason: my thinking was that if there is troubles in RSA or something happens, they do hold a visa and can just jump on a plane instead of waiting 2-4 weeks for a visa.

Problem: They have not been requested to do a medical check and X-rays. Although not a BIG problem, they are time poor and the additional cost of the medicals means they will have less spending money.

We have submitted a notification of incorrect answer to change from 12 to 3 months, but the health assessment requested is still required on their IMMI account.

Anyone know how it takes to update the IMMI account when you submit a change form? 

AND

Will the health assessment be removed if we are successful in changing the 12 months to 3

Hi yvettebetty

just wondering if you ever got an outcome on what to do in this situation? I know you ended up sending your folks fot the medical, but any idea on the exact proceedure if you change your application from 12 months to 3 months via the form 1023? I am in the exact same situation, but on the online IMMI Account Health assessment still comes up - so I'm not sure whether it still required or not. One one hand I dont have to jepordise the application in any way, on the other hand the whole health assessment comes close to R2000 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi all 

Quick question, I see there is a bug on immi account that says:

Current System issue:

Action Required flag still showing:

Please disregard the action required flag if you have already provided the following information and it is still showing as required on your application summary page:

• Health Assessment
  • Character assessment
  • Biometrics
  • Additional payment requirement

This is a known system issue that is currently being investigated by technical teams.

Note: Citizenship applications are not affected.

I've applied for my MIL to come,
They emailed a letter to ask for biometrics but no other letters... 
So Ive been ignoring the "Actions required    Arrange health examinations" but now panicked that I have wrongly read the system issue. 

"

Can anyone advise? 

Edited by Sassyninja

You need to make an appointment for the biometrics, register on their website, choose a date, pay the biometrics and remember to take the letter and your passport with you. You have 14 days to comply. I just ignored the Actions required, and it disappeared as soon as they loaded the biometrics results. Most probably they will inform you the to go for her health assessment. I was not asked to have one done, either because I applied for a 3 month visa (valid for 3 years) or I'm not over 75?🤣

• 6 months later...

My parents are currently waiting for their 143 visa to come through, but in the meantime would like to come over for a year on a 600 visa. I can't seem to find how long the visa would be valid for, i.e. if they apply for a year long visa, do they need to come over immediately to be able to stay a full year (the year stay in Aus starts once visa is issued regardless of whether they've come over yet or not) or could they come over in a years time and still have a full year. 

Edited by acmac