189/190's Lodged August 2016

ChrisH

Wow thats amazing @MonTage!!! :) 

Congratulations!!!

You were just asking yesterday how long it would take ;) 

So i take it you got a direct grant then.

What visa?

189 or 190?

52 minutes ago, Deezo said:

Wow thats amazing @MonTage!!! :) 

Congratulations!!!

You were just asking yesterday how long it would take ;) 

So i take it you got a direct grant then.

What visa?

189 or 190?

Yeah I know right!! 

We got a direct grant for 189. So flippen over the moon right now. Got a meeting this morning with my colleague (soon to be manager/boss) in Aus @9am to discuss my start date. 

Looking at 1 Nov so will want to be in Aus before that. 

• Like 3

Congratulations @MonTage!! That is fantastic. So it pretty much took a week since your uploads completed on 1st September, that's fantastic!

And incredibly jealous that you have a job lined up already, that will take so much stress off.

Good luck with the final admin - packing up, movers, selling stuff etc! :)

• Like 1

@ChrisH we're also only doing our medicals next week - we have to take leave from work and it's not a quick appointment, sounds like quite a process. So finding the time is tough :). We also had to do our X-rays prior, my husband did his last week and I'm going on Thursday.

Anyways I reckon our PCC wont be ready for at least another 2 weeks.

On the PCC side of things - our agent sent our documents on our behalf (fingerprints, ID copies, R96 payment receipts) last Monday, but we never received a sms to confirm our application received, and when I check on the status of them on the SAPS website it doesn't even register anything has been received for us. I checked in with my agent, and she said not to worry, they have significant delays in sending out the smses, sometimes only after your PCC is already complete and received.

What has everyone else's experience been, who have applied for their PCCs?

I was just thought it was the norm to get some sms acknowledgement, or be able to check on its status on their website at least...but alas no!

Woke up this morning to an email from our CO requesting our Medicals :) 

So annoying because we have already done these and they are only "awaiting grading" and they haven't been done because the panel Dr was on leave!!

We were really hoping to get a direct grant, but i hope this means that all other documents are adequate and this is all they required??

My nerves are killing me this morning!! :wacko:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChrisH said:

Haha, good progress!

:) 

Hope so and i hope once we upload that it doesnt take too much longer for final decision!!!!:D

Contacted the Dr's rooms again this afternoon and was told that Dr's laptop had a virus and that he would try sort it out this week!!! :cry:

I told them that our CO has requested the information and if they could please assist as soon as possible as we had not even heard back from them regarding the medicals and if there was any health issues or concerns etc...

Got a call 10mins ago to say they had been finalised and uploaded so i have sent them through to the CO... so now we just have to wait (something im not very good at :blush: ) but this is such a stressful thing and i really hope we can just get over this part soon and worry about the next steps like flights and jobs etc :D

52 minutes ago, Deezo said:

Dr's laptop had a virus

Did he tell it to take two panado and call him in the morning?

Good luck with the final stages of the Visa app,  #Wish_I_was_there :-)

• Like 2

Hahahaha good one @JonathanR :lol:

Your turn will come to stress even further.... but for now enjoy the ride ;) 

8 minutes ago, Deezo said:

but for now enjoy the ride

This is my approach as well, we're still waiting for PCC's and medical appointment so I'm just sitting back and discovering my future Aussie life.

Bummer ? We requested that our agent lodge our application today but apparently he is on leave and will only do it once he is bck end of Sep. Oh well guess we have to be patient....,,,

Its easier said then done @ChrisH

I thought i was somewhat of an adrenaline junkie but this whole immigration thing has got my heart rate at an all-time high!!

Something i have been doing is watching YouTube videos on Sydney as that is where we headed and its been so great as there is so much to watch :) 

My wife on the other hand doesn't want to get too involved as she doesn't want to "get her hopes up" and will wait until the Visa has been granted so thank goodness for this forum coz its keeping me somewhat sane :P 

• Like 2

Ah no @Addy31 :( 

That sucks!!!

Why do things always seem to always go wrong in these times of panic??

Hope it doesn't take long once he is back from leave to get things going ;) 

6 minutes ago, Deezo said:

Ah no @Addy31 :( 

That sucks!!!

Why do things always seem to always go wrong in these times of panic??

Hope it doesn't take long once he is back from leave to get things going ;) 

We were hoping to get a Christmas present. We hope it won't take long wen he is bck ?

That would be the best Christmas present ever!!! :) 

Will be watching out for you guys but dont delay in getting all your other documents in order so it can speed up the decision making ;)  

All the best!! :ilikeit:

On a side note: you might like to know that rooting means screwing in Australia ☺️

All the best Deezo. Fingers crossed for you. 

• Like 1