189/190's Lodged August 2016

ChrisH

We are planning to lodge on Wed or beginning of Sep. Hope we can join in as well?. Have you done your PCC and medicals.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Addy31 said:

Have you done your PCC and medicals.

No we are busy with them now.

12 minutes ago, Sharlene said:

Are you lodging for 189 or 190?

20 minutes ago, Kevin said:

@ChrisH, did you start the process of the medicals after lodging, and before being instructed to do so by a case officer?

Pretty much, I'm starting the process now. 

7 minutes ago, ChrisH said:

Pretty much, I'm starting the process now. 

Ok, I did not know that it was possible to link HAP IDs to an already lodged application. If the HAP ID appears correctly in the main lodged application, then I think it should be fine. If you want to check the linked HAP IDs, look under the "View health assessment" entry (below "Attach documents") per application.

We paid on the 26th August SA time and i have been uploading all the documents since then.

Just a few more relationship evidence documents to upload but otherwise only awaiting Medicals which are on Thursday the 01st September...

We wanted to try and be decision-ready so we may not get a CO unless there is something complicated or missing from our application but that may be wishful thinking ;) 

@Kevin i initially did the "My Health Declaration" online and got our HAP ID's before i lodged the Visa but then decided to lodge and pay due to the rand and the existing HAP ID's pulled through to the Visa reference/case number.

@ChrisH, no worries. I expect your agent started the " My Health Declaration" and then linked the HAP IDs shortly before you lodged. It's just a matter of getting it done, and then waiting.

Hey @ChrisH, we also lodged our 189 visa application in August (12 Aug). Thanks for starting an August thread, will be interesting to see how long it takes everyone to get their grants.

We have been quite lax though, we could have probably been proactive and done the PCC earlier, but we only managed to get our prints done last week and all docs went to Pretoria today. Our agent has said it takes 4 weeks to get back, but hopefully shorter.

Our medicals are scheduled for 12th September. The doctor said it could be up to 2 or more hours, so that doesnt sound like fun! Especially with a 1 and a 2 year old. We are just going the whole family together. It sounds like medicals you should have your results fairly quickly, like a day or two?

We are also just going on the requests from our agent, she only sent our medical HAP number and PCC request end of last week. But it's ok, we are not in a rush. Looking at going over there March/April next year. Unless a job happens first. One can dream!!! :)

All the best to fellow August submitters...

Edited by JoVincent
Error
  • Like 3

Hi all!

We finally received our PCC'S on the 26th Aug, we've submitted everything (I hope)! Now we wait in anticipation...our agent says 6-8weeks. Anyone know roughly how long it's taking of late? We've got our first moving quote and we're having our house valuated tomorrow. Holding thumbs!

• Like 1

Welcome to the August 2016 group, @Sarah28.  I hope we get responses quicker than that, but it's anyones guess really.  Some people get responses really quickly.  Patience and faith is sometimes vital -- just ask @TracyAnne.

While you wait, you can get an idea of the movement of the visa process by logging onto myimmitracker.com.

• Like 2

Ok so this unknown is killing me!!! :wacko:

All recommended documents have now been uploaded (well as best as we could and from what we thought was relevant) and medicals should be finalised today and then results should be uploaded today or tomorrow and then we wait...

We are praying that we get a direct grant but i just cant understand how some go through so quickly and others take months!!

Has anyone else had any further progress or news?

• Like 1

Anybody watch that show Border Security?  My wife and I have been watching some Aussie shows as part of our "homework".

Anyway, I think it works similar to that in a sense that some will just go straight through, but from time to time they spot check cases where they literally unpack everything in your application and check everything.

• Like 3

Hahahaha @ChrisH :lol:

I have watched it a few times and they can be very strict!!

So dont take anything wooden along, food or soil under your shoes ;)  

Another show I have been frequenting for "homework" is Highway Patrol AU. I love the fact that the police sit around chatting around what they are having for lunch while their car evaluates vehicle speeds around them and then "pings" when there is a speeder or unregistered vehicle. I was also blown away by the existence of an IID device, if you are a continual drink driving offender, they attach the IID to your ignition and you have to pass a breathalyzer every time before your car will start.

Anyway, I hope I don't exhaust my "homework" options during this State Sponsorship limbo, I need to save something for after the Visa App :-)

• Like 2

@JonathanR i experienced it first hand when i was on holiday in 2012/2013.

We were heading back to Sydney from Byron Bay and had been stuck behind a truck on a single lane highway for some time and every so often the road opens up into two lanes so you can pass. As we decided to pass a highway patrol vehicle came past us in the opposite direction as we were overtaking on a downhill and next thing about 1km down the road i saw flashing lights behind us!!

Anyways we pulled over and the cop walked up to the vehicle with a device that could pick up if you had alcohol or drugs on your breath!! He then asked for my mates drivers, went back to his patrol car to do a check and then came back and said you were doing 117km in a 110km zone and i know you were overtaking the truck on a downhill but you know how it goes... AUD$270 fine!!!

I was shocked at how efficient and strict they are but i guess they do their jobs and they protect the others on the roads ;)  

We've been watching the back seasons of Masterchef Australia (after we started watching this last season, because the ads were ALL OVER the city) and we found them surprisingly addictive. So we would recommend watching that too. And at least that won't make you paranoid about your immigration journey, or any of your subsequent road trip journeys.. ;)

• Like 1

We lodged on the 9th August. Medicals done and dusted before 1st September. Still waiting, no CO or Grant as yet. Any one else got any updates on theirs? Ours is still "Received".

@RedPanda my wife and i have loved Masterchef from the first time it was on DSTV :) 

Cant wait to go an experience some of their amazing restaurants when we there!!

@MonTage i think 1 month would be a safe bet so hang in there ;) 

I will be watching out on this link for updates but all the best!