Child Visa 101

Ray2013

@AlwaysThankfull

Thanks for the information. I think i was basing that cost on the current fee we are paying four our child as part of the 189 visa. 

So the 25k was that for the visa only, then the additional costs were for medicals and PCC for the parents? How long do those take before they expire, or do you have to redo them regardless as part of the new application? 

2 hours ago, Clauderoy said:

We are tossing between the option of leaving before having a second child or first having our second child then leaving

My advice would be to have the child in Australia for a couple of reasons:

• People make life long friends at ante natal classes.  There is nothing like the shared experience of pregnancy to build a bond with others.
  • If, heaven forbid, your child is born with a medical issue then your ability to move to Australia at all could no longer be an option.  To my mind it is playing Russian roulette to take a chance of adding a medical problem to your application process.

Just my 10 cents...

Agree with all RYLC said as well,

The 101 Visa is valid for 5 years like the other PR visa, you also must check in before 6 months after visa is granted

you pay the 2450AUD for the visa plus i think a couple hundred admin fee plus medicals and pcc

please note our 101 visa did not take long but they do say SA is a high risk country and it can take 13 months to process...

Great thank you for this information. I think we may just take the leap before a second child and avoid all the extra admin and costs. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 2:37 PM, ChrisH said:

I wonder why its that high?  A child visa as part of a 189 visa is $800 IIRC.  Maybe because they have to re-assess the police clearance etc vs it being another visa on a bulk application.

I just applied for a 101 child visa under a 189 PR and it was $2370

It's differently priced depending on whether it's an inclusion in an existing application or a new application on its own.  We paid $800 for my son last year.

Is your child visa an extension of an already granted 189 visa @TamTam ?

8 hours ago, ChrisH said:

It's differently priced depending on whether it's an inclusion in an existing application or a new application on its own.  We paid $800 for my son last year.

Is your child visa an extension of an already granted 189 visa @TamTam ?

It's a new application on its own. When you paid the $800 was your visa already granted?

8 hours ago, TamTam said:

It's a new application on its own. When you paid the $800 was your visa already granted?

No, my son and wife were included in the application from the beginning.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 0:33 AM, ChrisH said:

No, my son and wife were included in the application from the beginning.

ok cool, thanks