Anyone else as flabbered as I was at the NMB election results?

OubaasDik

Just noticed there was an election in the 3rd world and the ANC LOST Nelson Mandela Bay municipality.

I suspect it's because they bused so many supporters from the EC to the WC to stir things up or the DA, that they were short of mindless supporters back home.

It has to hurt that the heartland, named after the patron saint has rejected them. I suppose the next step is to burn everything down ...

Luckily the voters realised the sentiment below ....

Zuma_Malema.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

What is even more interesting is that the DA is now in charge of 4 of the big 6 metros in the country, Tshwane, Cape Town, NMB and Johannesburg. Yes, Johannesburg. Big responsibility to take on and deliver on their promises. Ethekwini (Durban) still to vote and Mangaung (Bloem) went to the ANC.

Whilst I am no political analyst, I do know that we live in interesting times and democracy is alive and well. The people have spoken.

Doesn't change my mind about migrating though :P 

Does make me feel a little better about our families and friends who stay.

My favorite one though is the ANC losing Nkandla, so Zuma has got a great big ugly palace right in the middle of a IFP municipality. You would think that he would get the message...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2016 at 5:52 PM, CGP said:

My favorite one though is the ANC losing Nkandla, so Zuma has got a great big ugly palace right in the middle of a IFP municipality. You would think that he would get the message...

Zuma is like the honey badger..he doesn't give a s**t! (Hahaha...you need to go find the honey badger thread, it's hilarious.

That will teach him!  they send their thugs out to confiscate DA t-shirts and tell the locals their ancestors will strike them down dead if they don't vote ANC. I guess someone didn't read the memo and they left the IFP shirts with the locals. They were too busy arguing over who was going to be the ANC candidate for nkandla

Meanwhile the locals are thinking..  "Free shirt!  That's more than the ANC ever did to give me a better life"

Edited by monsta

• 1 month later...

Pff, I been saying Zuma is a dickhead for years. The ANC will now resport to burning, looting etc and blame it on the EFF who in turn will blame the ANC.

I say again the old Zulu proverb, "When elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers." You will now see huge upticks in protests as the ANC do all tey can to undermine the DA/EFF/Others.