Duplicate Application for EOI

MonTage

Question

Hi All,

our agent is taking the piss at the moment and is taking forever to review documents that don't need to be reviewed.

IELTS passed with 7+ and Skills assessment passed successfully.

Is it a problem if we submit the EOI now, and they also submit an EOI? the next round is next week, and cannot afford to miss another round.

we have 65 points for the 189.

Regards

Which occupation on the list are you applying for?  I'm actually not sure if you can file two EOI's for the same applicants.

I think you can have more than one EOI but what if your EOI gets chosen over the one your agent submits and you get a tiny detail wrong that causes your application to get rejected? That's a bunch of money to lose, I personally would chase the agent, you are after all paying him, and he should give you a valid reason for not filing yet.

1 hour ago, ChrisH said:

Which occupation on the list are you applying for?  I'm actually not sure if you can file two EOI's for the same applicants.

ANZSCO 241111

problem is there really isn't anything special about the EOI as I have mentioned the skills assessment and English test is the only major things they ask for. Which is also why we are wondering what needs reviewing as everything has been assessed. They ask for the reference numbers etc so they can check them. 

Education and Work experience is as we submitted for the skills assessment. So just not really sure. I have a feeling the agent will miss next weeks date. AGAIN!!

do you need to supply any docs etc? 

Or is the submission that is all that is needed? Is it active straight away, and ready for the invitation round?

31 minutes ago, JonathanR said:

I think you can have more than one EOI but what if your EOI gets chosen over the one your agent submits and you get a tiny detail wrong that causes your application to get rejected? That's a bunch of money to lose, I personally would chase the agent, you are after all paying him, and he should give you a valid reason for not filing yet.

EOI application is free. 

And don't think the agent would submit anything different to what we have as we have the same information. 

If the agent has a boss, complain about the service you are getting.  Agents aren't cheap and you pay them to take some of this stress off your shoulders.

• Like 1

I am not an agent but we submitted our EOI recently and it does have the option to withdraw/suspend your EOI should you need/want to.  I also know you have 60 days to apply once you are invited so having all the other documents ready will help.

Edited by Lillie
added

23 hours ago, Lillie said:

I am not an agent but we submitted our EOI recently and it does have the option to withdraw/suspend your EOI should you need/want to.  I also know you have 60 days to apply once you are invited so having all the other documents ready will help.

Hi Lillie,

We have everything ready for our actual application. I think we are going to submit the EOI without the agent, as they are ridiculous.

If we are successful next week in getting an ITA , i will request all certified docs from them so we can apply for our visa.

Good luck @MonTage!  I'm not sure what the forum policies are on this kind of thing, but are you willing to name this agent so that others don't step in this trap?

Sorry guys, i won't name and shame just yet. still would like to get assistance on the final visa application.

But hey maybe once thats out of the way i will drop them in the mud

1 hour ago, Lillie said:

Interested to know if you decided to do your EOI?

Yup,

submitted on friday. and its a good thing too. few more hours to wait

1 minute ago, MonTage said:

Yup,

submitted on friday. and its a good thing too. few more hours to wait

Hope you get your invite!:)

4 minutes ago, Lillie said:

Hope you get your invite!:)

Oh we hope so too...

Technically it's in the bag. but will wait and see, it is a numbers game after all.

Im not an agent but from what i gather you can have more than one EOI application.

It also states under FAQ's that you can but when you get an invite you can only proceed with one and cannot select more than one.

We had one through an agent (also useless but wont name and shame) which we didn't even know we had and the agent had selected Victoria as the preferred state/province which we never mentioned or even agreed to so i was highly upset.

Nevertheless i submitted my own application as i was waiting for the agent to get back to me on cancellation of our contract as i am done using and agent and want to complete the rest of the process myself.

We got an invite for 190 state sponsorship on both EOI's (one the agent submitted and ours) for NSW.

I got the details from the agent and saw she had amended to NSW prior to the invite on the 14/05/2016 and ours was on the 10/07/2016 so when i submitted the documents i did in on our EOI and left the other one open and changed to "Any" just in case we get an invite from other states (as a backup)

All the best and hope you get your invite soon :)

We waiting for sponsorship approval and the Visa invite now!

Now to decide to continue using the useless agency or not! 

Any step by steps on what docs to upload?

TIA

23 minutes ago, MonTage said:

Now to decide to continue using the useless agency or not! 

Based on your response I assume your application was successful and not the agents?

Agent still hasn't submitted one. So yeah we were successful.

will be phoning them first thing on Thursday and letting them know if they cannot give me a definitive date when it will be applied for I am sending a courier to collect the documents and we shall apply on Friday! 

Congratulations!!!! We are also waiting for an invite. Any idea when the selection was done?

35 minutes ago, MonTage said:

Agent still hasn't submitted one

That is actually pathetic on their part!  I hope you haven't paid them yet.

• Like 1

Invitations are sent out between 16:00 & 16:30 RSA time. If your agent was the one that applied, generally they will get the notification. Unfortunately that means you may need to wait till Thursday to find out if you haven't heard by now. 

If you applied and haven't received a notification you may not have received an invitation this round. Next round is in 2weeks. 

Good luck. Holding thumbs for you

Edited by MonTage

Thank you. We are using an agent so we have to wait till Thursday. We are praying we get an invite.

On 2016/08/02 at 7:29 PM, Addy31 said:

Thank you. We are using an agent so we have to wait till Thursday. We are praying we get an invite.

did you get your invite?